EDIT: Atlas is saved.

"
DarkJen wrote:
"
Xystre wrote:
I will give this system 1 try, I will try to get deep into it but like you said every 3 months this chore without some serious changes then they will have to start thinking better ways to hold players..

Yep.
Its definitely fun for one try.

At least in half way, like now I`m being stuck at 16 stones. And therefore now I feel tired already with all this stones cycle. Amount of this grind can be freely dwindled by at least twice to keep this somewhat fun in a long run. As it feels now. For me at least.

I decided to log back in after this thread right now I'm at 31 but I feel it's getting worse and worse.. you grind red maps, white maps, yellow on the bloody zone for the conqueror to spawn and nothing.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
Xystre wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
I don't get it. Apparently the problem you have is that the fights are too hard for you. How is this the atlas' fault? Blame the increased difficulty, not the new mapping which did nothing to increase it.

what reasoning is this?

there's nothing "hard" it just pushes players more into the fotm build there's less choices of builds due to only certain things that can handle the endgame.

poe.ninja says otherwise. There is more diversity than in Legion.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
"
Xystre wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
I don't get it. Apparently the problem you have is that the fights are too hard for you. How is this the atlas' fault? Blame the increased difficulty, not the new mapping which did nothing to increase it.

what reasoning is this?

there's nothing "hard" it just pushes players more into the fotm build there's less choices of builds due to only certain things that can handle the endgame.

HAHAHAHA legion, cyclone or essence drain, choose your fate.
Innocence forgives you
Yea what I am saying. It was a disgusting league when it came to build diversity, I cant believe that this one is worse or even similar.
Same here. The new Atlas was at the very least interesting to do once, but this far in to the league I want to farm a single map that I like and change it when I decide I've gotten bored of it, I want to do something easy and relaxing and farm some currency to try new builds.

Next league though I certainly won't be doing this again, I am absolutely not going through this grindy RNG filled atlas to be rewarded with nothing but boss fights with shit loot and being forced to run 95% shitty maps.
Same here and im playing standard so most of the time i already have the maps (selling old map to a vendor gives you current league one)

The big fat lie (33% spawn rate) coupled with dozens of bugs. This is the new atlas. I can kill any boss, i always made builds that were resiliant so it is not the difficulty. It is bugs upon bugs upon garbage opressive design.

Cool that 12hrs a day players can have something to grind for but for people with lives this game lost A LOT by removing players agency.

Oh and the hypocrisy with 'we dont like powercreep' and adding tailwind on boots at the same time.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
"
Xystre wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

what reasoning is this?

this logic...

keep the last word.. be happy in your bubble.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
Xystre wrote:

this logic...

keep the last word.. be happy in your bubble.

I think stats are universally admitted as a more reliable source than the opinion of a rando
Let's not get too off topic here. Build diversity is not my primary concern, even though I do feel forced to play a build I don't enjoy.

"
Johny_Snow wrote:

How you managed to boil my post down to "fights are too hard for me" I can't even fathom. I've got a level 99 character in Metamorph League, and I've killed Sirus on Awakening 8 a couple of times. The problem is I don't enjoy boss fights or the current atlas.

This thread is about the fact that we now have no way to choose exactly which maps to run. We can only choose which region of maps to run. Each region contains too many maps with frustrating layouts that I don't want to run over and over. Running them a few times at league start used to be tolerable, but I did that knowing that I could set up my atlas the way I wanted to in the end. Now I can't do anything to prevent those maps from dropping in the endgame.

The massive life pool of map bosses plays into this because in the past I could run a build with less single target DPS but choose to run a range of lower tier maps of my choosing to compensate. An example would be an atlas where I'd run T9 Gorge(rip) and T10 Toxic Sewer. Now I am pretty much forced to play a strong boss killer build if I want to actually engage with the league mechanic and get worthwhile rewards.

In addition to not having any way to block adjacent map drops there's also the issue of Awakening Level adding too much extra loot, and conquerors only appearing in fully awakened regions after the 16th stone is collected. This too strongly nudges players into running T14-T16 maps with Awakening Level 7 or 8 in the end.

The point is that the new atlas comes with an illusion of more player agency and control, but the only thing we can control is the tier of the maps within regions. We simply cannot set up the atlas in such a way that we control which maps will drop. The old system was far superior in this regard, and taking that control away completely breaks my enjoyment of the game.
I actually enjoy the new Atlas, the old was boring and you had no variety. It was just running 1 map all the time. The elder and shaper influence drove me nuts, as I couldn´t progress without trading if maps did not drop.

Now I can pretty much play whatever I want, while progressing. Yes, it´s slower to the top, but it´s much more enjoyable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info