EDIT: Atlas is saved.

Came to voice my agreement. The new atlas is not fun. It's grindy and feels horrible. I've no motivation to play because I feel like I have to just spam maps and hope for RNG instead of having atlas as just ONE of the things i could do. I feel more need to ignore the rest of the game because I'm geared up enough to kill anything but my atlas isn't up to that point and I don't wish to spend 20 hours or more grinding to do end game when I should be able to hop into it right now like I used to be able to.

Watchstones are a bust. Need another method.
Ok, here is another possible solution. Give us a way to use

to reforge our maps into a SMALL list of possible maps of our choosing.

If using a horizon orb could only result in 1 of 10 maps I actually enjoy running, I would buy thousands of them. Give us a way to customize which maps orb of horizon can potentially change cancer maps to.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on Jan 22, 2020, 10:59:17 AM
spam in reddit and youtube the message
Here is my suggestion: delete the whole thing, roll back & start again. The whole 3.9 is a total disaster.
Stop the trading system abuse now , please .
3.9.3 patch notes didnt address a single thing..

they are still pushing this RNG endgame.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Jan 22, 2020, 7:34:50 PM
I'm really confused because they took one step in the right direction by allowing master missions to accumulate and be usable (and ignorable) at will. That change was amazing.

This new atlas is two steps backwards in terms of player agency. Almost all endgame content is now locked behind RNG and only accessible from T14-16 maps, and we have no way to prevent annoying map layouts from dropping or shape our atlas in any meaningful way.

Annoying maps exist in EVERY SINGLE REGION, so using watchstones doesn't help me at all unless I can also block individual maps. Please make the game playable again, GGG.
Last edited by carkasjak on Jan 23, 2020, 9:52:58 AM
Well,what I can say for sure,is that with this new RNG rework of the atlas, I quit playing way ahead of the time I planned to quit playing a league.

I have accumulated such an exhaustion after this grind,that I don't even want to hear of POE for a few months at least.

Even with the holidays(christmas,new year,etc),I played on and off for about a month or so, got my 36 challenges,finally finished the atlas, and now I'm done. Without holidays and such, this would be 2, max 3 weeks of a 3 month league.

Instead of being repaid for patience,endurance,skill, I'm being thrown to the wolves of RNG. No thanks, you can have it.

Usually I stayed,made another character,or even a third one,crafted a lot more,experimented a lot more. Now? No thanks, the time it took me to finally finish the atlas,the time wasted on buying maps that I did not have and could not use horizons for, the time wasted on playing map,after map,after map,after map,after map for a conqueror spawn was just exhausting.

This crap starts feeling like a mobile game, now all they need is to introduce a pay to win mechanic like "don't want to grind the atlas constantly and hope you are lucky?" "Pay us 15$ and you can unlock the full atlas with sirus lvl 8".
I was playing a new character, but then it got to maps and I decided I'd rather drink whisky and watch Netflix than deal with that fucking mess of an atlas again. Sláinte!
We are the minority it seems. RIP
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info