EDIT: Atlas is saved.

"
Dragon585 wrote:
We are the minority it seems. RIP

i don't know of a player who's enjoyed the new endgame since 3.9... all of them without exception find it boring and demotivating. the ridiculous drops of sirus do the rest (99% helmet, great job ggg!)

many have already stopped playing, the rest is just complaining about the bad "new" Path of Exile.

i'm curious who is doing this atlas every 3 months in league. you have to be a little bit stupid to do this shit...

"
DarkJen wrote:
Y'day one of guildmates was giving out his leaguestuff with words like same. He was pissed off by new atlas bullst rng and too much chore. He even doughted he will play poe anymore.

Just imagine doing all this 32 stones chore every league.

This makes me sad too.

Now imagine they force standard players to do that too! ^^
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
DarkJen wrote:
Y'day one of guildmates was giving out his leaguestuff with words like same. He was pissed off by new atlas bullst rng and too much chore. He even doughted he will play poe anymore.

Just imagine doing all this 32 stones chore every league.

This makes me sad too.

Now imagine they force standard players to do that too! ^^

Yeah.
Thats really too much.
A friend of mine (who also quit the league early btw) put it this way: They took a customization system(old atlas) and turned it into a boring linear progression system(new atlas).

Everyone's atlas progress ends up being about completing as much as possible now, rather than making decisions to shape your atlas to your liking.

There are two different main problems that people are bringing up in this thread. One is the length and RNG of the 32 watchstone grind. The other is the lack of ability to set up your atlas for running 1 map per tier and manipulating map drops in general. I'm mostly in the latter camp, but I sympathize with the first one as well.
Another bump for sadness about the loss of a great feature of the old atlas.
So never buy support pack and MTX more, else is lost time make this topic
"
Chavolatra wrote:
So never buy support pack and MTX more, else is lost time make this topic

I'm obviously not going to buy any supporter packs or points after they remove literally all the fun in the game for me. Doesn't mean I'm gonna stop trying to bring attention to this issue in hopes that they'll address it someday.
Last edited by carkasjak on Feb 2, 2020, 8:45:58 PM
"
carkasjak wrote:
I was playing a new character, but then it got to maps and I decided I'd rather drink whisky and watch Netflix than deal with that fucking mess of an atlas again. Sláinte!

that's exactly what I'm doing.

I fired up PoE for a couple of times in the past weeks, but I end up deterred by the tediousness of it all and closed it after a few minutes...
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
So far I'm really enjoying it. I've never stayed on one character as long as I have this league. I'm at 23 stones with 2 regions influenced in a way that will drop stones.

That said, I do worry about doing it all over again every league. This is no small amount of effort for me and I can definitely see it getting tedious over the next 2 or 3 leagues. Hell, I got sick of dragging Elder influence around.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
carkasjak wrote:
I used to be able to pick the maps I enjoyed and run a shaped map strategy with maps of any tier between 3 and 16 where I could basically force only one map to drop per tier. The new atlas offers nothing even close to this, as we have no control over which maps drop within a region, and we cannot prevent adjacent maps from dropping. There are only a small handful of maps which can be made to be the only map on their tier, but none of these are layouts that I want to run.

It seems the intended endgame now is to fully awaken your atlas and run pretty much all maps as T14-16, kill conquerors to spawn Sirus. Kill Sirus, repeat. Well, I never played PoE For the boss fights, and frankly I am miserable in this new atlas. The RNG to encounter conquerors feels terrible. Not being able to move influence around like old elder influence feels terrible. High tier maps feel terrible in general since the monster life/armor/resist buff. Very few builds can even handle bosses in T16 maps now, so I'm forced to play a build I don't even enjoy to be able to tackle this content.

I'm actually really surprised at how incredibly bad this new atlas feels compared to the old one. I didn't think an atlas rework could suck all the joy out of the game like this, but apparently it can.

If we're not given better tools to manipulate map drops and run alternative atlas strategies I will be skipping all future leagues until the next major atlas rework.

EDIT: Since this thread has a very negative tone, I've come up with a positive suggestion on how to fix the biggest issue; the lack of control over unwanted map drops:

This new and improved cartographer's seal would allow players to decide which maps to block from dropping, allowing for vast multitude of different atlas strategies when used in conjunction with watchstones. Here are just a few example strategies:

1. Fully awakened atlas with all watchstones socketed, but seal the maps you absolutely hate to run, or maps that your character's build doesn't work well for. For instance if you're running a character that clears well in indoor maps, you could block a bunch of open outdoor layouts or vice versa.

2. A more traditional "shaped" atlas strategy where choose a tier range to run, e.g. tiers 11-13 and have only one map droppable per tier, using a combination of watchstones and seals to make sure that only your favorite maps are droppable on those tiers.

3. A hybrid strategy where you awaken some regions with maps you like to run, and seal all the maps you don't want to run, allowing just a few nice layouts to drop per tier.

4. A one map strategy where you pick one map you wish to run, and completely block all other maps of that tier, plus a tier or two above it to ensure maximum single map sustain.

P.S. Bring back Gorge :(

+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info