[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

"
wuttenq wrote:
Do you think Dendrobate is good for this build? What about farruls fur ? Am looking for one that offers best of def/offense :D Thanks.

im not sure about farruls fur but PoB says its only worth if you have a corrupt that gives at least +2 levels to BV. any body armour that gives +2 levels to BV is equal if not better than dendrobate on its own, but if you cant get the corrupt on a body armour dendrobate is more dps.

i run a chest with life and resists (luckily corrupted it to give +2). dendrobate doesnt give any life so i decided not to go with it.

also, the tree is a bit starved of int and you'll have to find int from other gears to enable dendro.

however, it might be more dps than a +2 depending on your other gear. im just basing this on my own gear which is close to the PoB provided by the guide.
Last edited by bbummbo on Jan 28, 2020, 4:44:23 AM
"
"
Mayesti wrote:

I am thinking about the next upgrade for Watchereye. What watchereye I should looking for?

First, you need to check whether your poison chance is 100% since you use Void Manipulation, and other equipment seem perfect. I believe they cost you a lot, so a Watcherye with "#% to Damage over Time Multiplier while affected by Malevolence" is the best choice since you don't have The Golden Rule jewel or Precision aura.

Thanks for this. Maybe a stupid question but how can I increase the chance to poison? I can see that at the moment i have 85 %.
I have also checked my mana and I could remove the Stone Golem for Precision and than I would look for an Watchereye with Precision and Malevolence. But which one would be good ?
"
Mayesti wrote:
"
"
Mayesti wrote:

I am thinking about the next upgrade for Watchereye. What watchereye I should looking for?

First, you need to check whether your poison chance is 100% since you use Void Manipulation, and other equipment seem perfect. I believe they cost you a lot, so a Watcherye with "#% to Damage over Time Multiplier while affected by Malevolence" is the best choice since you don't have The Golden Rule jewel or Precision aura.

Thanks for this. Maybe a stupid question but how can I increase the chance to poison? I can see that at the moment i have 85 %.
I have also checked my mana and I could remove the Stone Golem for Precision and than I would look for an Watchereye with Precision and Malevolence. But which one would be good ?

The easiest way to reach 100% poison chance is to change Void Manipulation to Poison.
Since you don't have The Golden Rule, Watchereye with
"+% to Damage over Time Multiplier while affected by Malevolence" or
"+% to Critical Strike Multiplier while affected by Precision" is the best mod to boost damage, but that'a a huge cost.
"Gain a Flask Charge when you deal a Critical Strike while affected by Precision" is also an option but not the best.
Last edited by cytpress on Jan 28, 2020, 1:04:41 PM
Damn. That's really nice build and I really love and enjoy it. I'm lvl 94 in less than 20h. I did like 3 different builds with paradoxica and the saviour. Single target was slighly better but playstyle was more dangerous comparted to this BV... and ofc BV is much cheaper. I have my old explo chest with crit insted of addition curse and I need 194 int (vaal regalia) so I am forced to use fertile mind to transform some dex to int. I am using rare gloves with no temp chains but tbh I don't need it. My current tree is slightly different and I anointed Dirty Techniques. In near future I'll do some changes and tests but overall this build is perfect ;) I almost quit the league but thanks to you I am still playing. I believe it's my first post since 2013~ where I am complimenting someone's build ^^ gj.
So I've tried to make plague bearer work using rare daggers but to me it just doesn't feel as smooth as using BV for clear. Even with CWDT and BV to keep BV spinning so I didn't have to stop and recast it to keep refilling PB it just didn't work for me. Shame because I liked the idea of doing it just didn't work for my use.

I do suggest for people who are running it to try adding Phase Run to CWDT because that DOES feel really nice. We constantly are generating Endurance charges due to Blood Rage and I've found my only issues with survivability happen when I get caught in a pack. Phase Run really helps to eliminate that. Worth a try if you have the open spot for it.

----

After playing around with PB for clearing, I decided to tweak my build some more and while it is expensive, upgrading to Awakened gems does get my Shaper DPS up over 5m while not having to take anything away from my armour/life nodes.

I wouldn't recommend it as a first upgrade however. It's definitely end game min / maxing since it doensn't add a ton of dps. I'm looking at like 300-500k for maybe 5 exalts.

One change I also made which I think I might stick with but want to test more is running Withering Steps in my Cast When Damage Taken setup. It's just another button I don't have to worry about clicking and it seems to go off frequently enough. Of course ignore this if you want to control when you press Withering Steps, which is useful for boss fights. But I'm lazy and I haven't found an issue at all doing it this way. I pop Vaal Molten Shell right before the boss and that gains me over 15k damage mitigation right there.

Overall, I feel really happy with the armour variation of this build. I haven't died in quite awhile and those deaths were due to getting hung up on terrain or not noticing a bomb, etc. I'm sure it will feel even better once I actually focus on pantheons and figure out the ones I want to run there.
currently making a similar character in SSF right now. i think this would be a great build to start and play for very quick clear and farm trying to min/max.

im almost into maps right now. leveling is a frickin joke lol. basically my idea is to roll with dual obliteration wands for clear then swap to better weapons for single target damage, when i get them.
don't have any cold iron points but i'll be trying to chance those. otherwise just trying to get a good single target setup, or i'll just use obliteration until i can get a cold iron point.

i really like the playstyle. throwing up some BV stacks then running around with plague bearer and withering step active. everything pops and it just feels great. can't wait to try to min/max this out in SSF.

im basically giving the build a test run for the rest of this league, since i can't link a staff for another build i wanted to do. but most likely i'll league start this next league and play it through the whole league trying to fully min/max it
Hi there. I'm currently playing your build I'm almost at the endgame.

Wearing Bino's now but the poison isn't spreading at all? I'm kinda confused tbh, it's been a long time since i've played a poison/chaos build... I don't get it.

My gear atm
Can someone explain to me the value of the Golden Rule combo?

It's not like HoA is significant dps and most of the poison stacking benefits stop at 9, except for the duration provided by Perfect Agony, so is it poison duration we're aiming for or faster Plaguebearer charging or something else I'm missing?
Double post.
Last edited by muffintopmusic on Jan 30, 2020, 1:07:57 AM
I just rolled this beauty, and I'm trying to decide if I should yolo exalt it. If so, should I keep the open prefix filled, and go for a suffix? Or should I craft on a suffix and go for another prefix?

My thought is to keep the prefix filled, and pray for phys damage converted to chaos.
Last edited by muffintopmusic on Jan 30, 2020, 12:59:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info