[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

"
hay just wondering is Aspect of the spider still good for the build?

Also what enchant are best for boots if you cant get bv enchant on helm what else is decent for the build?

aspect is still good if you can afford to run it. probably should use enlighten 4 which is expensive.

Got a rare dagger running with the cold iron point. damage is incredible.

just made this then slammed lightning res :)

"
slowmath wrote:
"

Also what enchant are best for boots if you cant get bv enchant on helm what else is decent for the build?

aspect is still good if you can afford to run it. probably should use enlighten 4 which is expensive.

Just to be clear, Enlighten 4 isn't enough to free up the needed 25% mana reserve to use Aspsct of the Spider. You'd still have to use at least one CoN with HOA reduced mana reservation, I'd have to go check the numbers but I'm not even sure if just one ring is enough, possibly if you had a max roll on the mana reserve.

*IF* you only need one ring then running Aspect of the Spider might be the better option, possibly. Going off memory each HOA buff ring is roughly +10% extra damage. 3 stacks of spider webs would be 15% plus the movement speed debuff. So you'd possibly gain 5% extra damage to bosses along with movement speed debuff. It probably means you lose 10% damage to regular mobs because I doubt you get more than 1 stack on mobs while running around and maybe not even that.

I'd have to check all this in POB though because I'm just basing this off memory and might be missing something. Like I know for example the HOA buff effect also strengthens our crawler damage but I can't remember all what it does. It could be that Aspect of the Spider simply isn't worth running once you get the double dmg buff CoN rings.

As far as that dagger goes, that thing is sick.

*Edit*

I just went ahead and got a similar dagger to yours and it actually even had higher rolls and I'd suggest double checking your damage vs a CIP with Damage over time Corruption. For me the rare dagger was about a 250k dps loss. It's not just the Damage over time mod but CIP also gives us +3 to all our physical gems which is a big dps buff for us.
Last edited by Mythrol1 on Jan 26, 2020, 1:12:30 PM
"

I'm just curious, you spent 2ex to multimod that body and the 2nd mod you put was cold / lightning resis?
Last edited by Mythrol1 on Jan 26, 2020, 12:39:28 PM
"
Mythrol1 wrote:
"

I'm just curious, you spent 2ex to multimod that body and the 2nd mod you put was cold / lightning resis?

i did the multimod 1st then yolo slammed and hope for something decent and it paid off :)
double posted
Last edited by AngusKhanTheGreat on Jan 26, 2020, 2:05:09 PM
"
Mythrol1 wrote:
"
slowmath wrote:
"

Just to be clear, Enlighten 4 isn't enough to free up the needed 25% mana reserve to use Aspsct of the Spider. You'd still have to use at least one CoN with HOA reduced mana reservation, I'd have to go check the numbers but I'm not even sure if just one ring is enough, possibly if you had a max roll on the mana reserve.

*IF* you only need one ring then running Aspect of the Spider might be the better option, possibly. Going off memory each HOA buff ring is roughly +10% extra damage. 3 stacks of spider webs would be 15% plus the movement speed debuff. So you'd possibly gain 5% extra damage to bosses along with movement speed debuff. It probably means you lose 10% damage to regular mobs because I doubt you get more than 1 stack on mobs while running around and maybe not even that.

I'd have to check all this in POB though because I'm just basing this off memory and might be missing something. Like I know for example the HOA buff effect also strengthens our crawler damage but I can't remember all what it does. It could be that Aspect of the Spider simply isn't worth running once you get the double dmg buff CoN rings.

As far as that dagger goes, that thing is sick.

*Edit*

I just went ahead and got a similar dagger to yours and it actually even had higher rolls and I'd suggest double checking your damage vs a CIP with Damage over time Corruption. For me the rare dagger was about a 250k dps loss. It's not just the Damage over time mod but CIP also gives us +3 to all our physical gems which is a big dps buff for us.

Plague Bearer is my main clear so that was the reason I got the dagger. I only use BV for bosses and when I do that I switch to 2 Iron Points.

Good point on the enlighten and buffs though. I am glad there is someone else that is giving this build so much thought!
"
slowmath wrote:
Plague Bearer is my main clear so that was the reason I got the dagger. I only use BV for bosses and when I do that I switch to 2 Iron Points.

Good point on the enlighten and buffs though. I am glad there is someone else that is giving this build so much thought!

Man you know, I'm the ultimate lazy man. This is right up my alley. I hadn't thought about just using Plague Bearer to kill packs and then just pop BV when I need to refill my PB.

But, as a total lazy man. I can't be bothered to switch daggers. lol.
"
Mythrol1 wrote:
"
slowmath wrote:

Man you know, I'm the ultimate lazy man. This is right up my alley. I hadn't thought about just using Plague Bearer to kill packs and then just pop BV when I need to refill my PB.

But, as a total lazy man. I can't be bothered to switch daggers. lol.

You hit X, lol.

Edit: 2nd dagger needs work i know...
Last edited by slowmath on Jan 26, 2020, 3:06:15 PM
Some more min/max'ing that I've been doing to the armour version of this build:

I've tested a bunch of different belts to see which is the best for our armour buff and the best I've come up with is having increased armour % mod + having an open prefix and crafting "+# to armour and evasion rating". I was able to increase my total armour rating by 2000 just by changing my belt. I'm now able to hit 82% physical damage reduction with flasks and that doesn't count having molten shell or Vaal Molten Shell turned on either. When I use whithering step that also gives me 63% (decreasing) dodge chance to attacks & 33% (decreasing) dodge chance to spells.

*Edit: Forgot to add that if you have Armour or % to armour + the craft that gives armour & evasion rating then you can also use Tempering Catalyst to add even more armour. That can be as much as 180-240 extra armour which doesn't sound like a lot but once you add all our buffs it's actually a decent amount. For me it raised my physical damage reduction 2%. It'll cost you about 100c but it's min maxing afterall.*

I'm not sure how much better than this we can get while also keeping just under 5m dps for Shaper.

The other thing I've been doing is experimenting with boot crafts because it's really one of the last areas that we have left to make adjustments to the build. I'm currently using movement speed + 10% chance for onslaught on kill. With how we clear packs this basically means onslaught is up all the time. This gives us 20% to attack, cast, & movement speed which makes casting BV and zipping around the map that much more smooth.

*Edit: Instead of putting Onslaught on boots I ended up making a Vise belt that I can put a jewel in that gives me Onslaught + Physical Damage Reduction and life. I'm currently running Armour & Evasion % on my boots but that is subject to change.*

I'm also experimenting with tailwind on boots but I simply don't know enough of the ends and outs of it to properly evaluate how good it is for our build.

Anyone else's thoughts on all of this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Mythrol1 on Jan 27, 2020, 12:03:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info