[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

Looking over Alternate Quality gems, i think those could be interesting. And with interesting i don't mean OP or "must have", only that they could be an improvement or bring some nice-to-have utility:

- Blood Rage: Buff grants 2% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge when you Hit a Unique Enemy
We only use BR for Map clearspeed, but with a 2% chance to gain a FC on hit, it could be nice for bosses.

- Blade Vortex: 0.4% of Damage Leeched as Life
Little bit tricky, since we NEED the Vaal BV version of it. But could be useful, instead of Surging Vitality cluster jewel

- Flesh and Stone: Buff grants 10% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
If you play with FaS, it's 10% free inc ER

- Plague Bearer: You have 10% Movement Speed while Infecting
Once we got enough dmg - which happens pretty fast - we usually stop using PB, since it's not really a dmg boost anymore. That being said, 10% movement speed during Infecting sounds pretty nice to me. So if you have an open gem slot (what you usually do), i'd go for it

- Whirling Blades: 200% increased Evasion Rating while Moving
Default is 10% increased attack speed, but i think this one could be better, depending on your base ER.

- Whithering Step:
a) Default: 10% increased Effect of Elusive from this Skill
b) AQ1: Inflicts 2 Withered Debuffs the first time each Enemy enters the Area
c) AQ2: 20% chance not to remove Buff on Skill use
Not a fan of c), but b) sounds really nice. Allows us to play around a bit, maybe even replace the 3 Withered totem-gems.

Void Manipulation:
a) Default: Supported Skills deal 10% increased Chaos Damage
b) AQ1: Supported Skills have 5% increased Area of Effect / 5% increased Attack and Cast Speed
c) AQ2: Supported Skills have 0.4% of Chaos Damage Leeched as Life
Option b) is worthless, but c) sounds decent enough. Another option to skip Surging Vitality-Cluster jewels

AQ Gems which are a little bit more than only "nice to have":
- Herald of Agony: Grants 20% chance to Poison on Hit
With Ascendency (40%), the two small nodes to Fatal Toxins (10% + 15%), HoA (20%) and double-Circle rings (another 20% with 50% inc buff effect), we're already above 100%, and for mapping we have Coralitos too. It would be nice for ppl not playing double-Circle rings, or if you want to take the left path to Fatal Toxins instead of the right one.

- Malevolence
a) Alternate Quality 1: You and nearby allies have 10% increased Skill Effect Duration
b) Alternate Quality 2: You and nearby Allies deal 10% increased Damage with Ailments
Both AQs look nice, and sound better than the default "inc Area of effect", since we're in melee range anyway. I'll probably go for the SED for Utility, since we already have a lot of dmg

On a side note for build variations:
- Swift Affliction support: You and Enemies have 20% increased Movement Speed while inflicted with an Ailment from Supported Skills
This sounds extremely nice for self-poisoning builds. We'd need to switch another support gem for it, and there's no awakened AQ version. But if you already have enough damage and are playing self-poison build anyway, this will probably be the gem you want
Please bear with me if I didn't read the whole 300+ pages of this thread, so the following question has most probably been asked before:

What, in comparison, are the pros and cons of running (starting heist league as) a BV Assassin with Fire/Cold/Poison? What would you recommend?

As of the information I could gather,

- Gameplay should roughly be the same?
- Fire is the most expensive, but overall the strongest?
- Poison has the best single target damage and is the most balanced build?
- Cold has the most survivability but the least damage?

Thanks!

"
Behelit wrote:
Please bear with me if I didn't read the whole 300+ pages of this thread, so the following question has most probably been asked before:

What, in comparison, are the pros and cons of running (starting heist league as) a BV Assassin with Fire/Cold/Poison? What would you recommend?

Thanks!

fire/cold req u to have source of explosion, and generally both of them not for starter build. actually i think, if build needs explosion source to make it work - its meme build.

gameplay of all those build same, u run, u recast bv and keep going on. with fire/cold it works like u touch mob - everything dies in chain. and then u do have rough or not rough time at bossing(depends from did u invested 100ex to build or not) with poison, u do all exactly same but, everything not dies from 1st touch, mobs keep dying while u passing em.

as for survivability well, as long as u get to 5k HP+steelskin ull be fine more or less, as long as u dont stay still. this actually applies to every dodge build.
How easy is it to scale the Poison BV build to red maps/endgame at league start? I know the uniques for the build usually start off fairly pricey early league (Devouring Diadem, Impresence, Circle of Nostalgia, and Asenath's) and haven't pushed into red maps before without those
"
tffiad wrote:
"
Behelit wrote:

Thanks!

fire/cold req u to have source of explosion, and generally both of them not for starter build. actually i think, if build needs explosion source to make it work - its meme build.

gameplay of all those build same, u run, u recast bv and keep going on. with fire/cold it works like u touch mob - everything dies in chain. and then u do have rough or not rough time at bossing(depends from did u invested 100ex to build or not) with poison, u do all exactly same but, everything not dies from 1st touch, mobs keep dying while u passing em.

as for survivability well, as long as u get to 5k HP+steelskin ull be fine more or less, as long as u dont stay still. this actually applies to every dodge build.

You are probably right, taking family and job into consideration it'll probably be leagues end until I get an explosion chest.
Guess I've made up my mind, stop overthinking and just roll with this poison build... Thanks for the quick insight! :)
"
tffiad wrote:

doing that bs will cause only mess, here we got a dedicated thread where all answers in one place.

If you're willing to take the time to scour through 300 pages of comments. A well maintained build would have all updated information in the build description.
Last edited by MegaGrubby on Sep 17, 2020, 12:16:17 PM
"
everix1992 wrote:
How easy is it to scale the Poison BV build to red maps/endgame at league start? I know the uniques for the build usually start off fairly pricey early league (Devouring Diadem, Impresence, Circle of Nostalgia, and Asenath's) and haven't pushed into red maps before without those

I managed to get into high yellow / low red tier maps with absolute crap gear. Devouring Diadem pushes a lot, defense and offense-wise. Sure, it costs 4-5ex on day 3, but if you really want to push, it's worth it. If you don't want to push that hard, you can wait another 3-4 days, when it only costs ~1ex. Second item to look out for would be an impresence, though that one will be pricy within the first few days too. Asenath are nice, but i'd go for Amulet + Diadem first. First few days, i wouldn't worry too much about CoN rings. You'll need a good belt + shoes first with high resistances before you can switch out rings.
"
"
everix1992 wrote:

I managed to get into high yellow / low red tier maps with absolute crap gear. Devouring Diadem pushes a lot, defense and offense-wise. Sure, it costs 4-5ex on day 3, but if you really want to push, it's worth it. If you don't want to push that hard, you can wait another 3-4 days, when it only costs ~1ex. Second item to look out for would be an impresence, though that one will be pricy within the first few days too. Asenath are nice, but i'd go for Amulet + Diadem first. First few days, i wouldn't worry too much about CoN rings. You'll need a good belt + shoes first with high resistances before you can switch out rings.

Yeah that sounds about right. I suppose I was trying to decide if there was enough potential early on to go this build instead of something like Toxic Rain/Caustic Arrow which also scale into red maps pretty well.
"
MegaGrubby wrote:
"
tffiad wrote:

doing that bs will cause only mess, here we got a dedicated thread where all answers in one place.

If you're willing to take the time to scour through 300 pages of comments. A well maintained build would have all updated information in the build description.

Dude, seriously... EVERYTHING you need to know for this build is right there. You have the Pros, the Cons, the Mechanics, and you have the PoB. Sure, the PoB is broken, but only as far as "talent points spent" is concerned. What else should be in the guide? Every possible deviation of the build other players come up with? I alone played at least 4 different versions of this build because i like to experiment.

Could the guide be a little bit more up to date? Sure. Could it be updated with league-specific uniques / infos? Sure. The more interesting question though: Does the build work if you follow the guide? And that's a clear YES, IT DOES. You can still do all content with it.

What YOU'RE basically saying is: someone ELSE should scroll through the 300 pages, summarize everything, put in the work, so YOU don't have to?
Soo does someone playing this build has more up to date PoB that he/she could share? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info