[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

"

Not really. You could try to switch to the Apep's slumber-version like me, but it only lengthens the reaction-time needed to run out of shit a bit. Did you take Ryslatha as minor pantheon-god? That should solve your life flask-recharge-problem. Elder, Shaper and Uber-Elder are kinda easy-to-learn-fights imo, it's just muscle-memory if you've done it often enough. Sirus on the other hand... his last phase is just a pain in the ass, when he teleports out of screen and you're not fast enough to charge after him, before he "DIE!!!"-beams you to hell and back. Had huge problems when he was introduced, got a bit better last league and now i'm mostly killing him deathless on A8. So don't give up hope ;-)

My next goal: i want to see, how deep i can delve with this build. Did 600 last league when i got bored. At 460 now, and still got tons of sulphite scarabs left. And i'm motivated... with coffee and the new Vader album running in the background, today will be a good day!

I don't get that whole keep yourself poisoned thing for some extra chaos resist. Is that what they attack with? My chaos resist is already pretty high, not maxed but in the +50 percent I think.

I would just need something to use for bosses. I just started leveling up a Flame Dash gem because you can phase through damage instead of running into it head on. I hope this will help some. Just in case I need more help is there a better shield or something? Just need that extra QoL for bossing.

Also yeah each time I have fought Sirus I get him to the last phase and just like you said he goes off screen and one shots me with his DIE! skill. Just need to stay near him but doing that means going through the beam that is spiraling so I hope the Flame Dash will help that.
Last edited by Hakoonin on Jul 14, 2020, 8:26:16 AM
"
Depends on which bosses we're talking about. Conquerors are easy. Put down your totems, pop your flasks + Vaal BV + Plague Bearer and they die within 5 seconds, before they can use any ability. Except for the Warlord, use Vaal BV on his shield-phase to melt him down. Synthesized bosses are the same, easy 5-second-kill.

On bosses where you don't have your Vaal BV at the start, like Sirus and Uber-Elder, it will take a little bit longer. You don't instant-phase those bosses, but it doesn't take long to phase them. The first half of the Sirus-fight isn't a problem anyway, and on his last phase, i wait until he has 4 copies of himself, when i pop everything (including Vaal BV) and nuke him down within 5 seconds.

Only downside from ranged to melee is, that you always have to be close to the boss obviously, which makes dodging some (only a few) abilites a bit harder. The big advantage on this build is: the screen is pretty clear of effects. That means, unlike a volatile dead-player, you can see ground effects, boss effects and mobs very clearly, which makes dodging way easier. Buddy of mine plays VD, and it's just a pain playing with him. I don't see ANY ground effects, so dodging that stuff is pretty hard.

Thanks for the detailed reply, if I could add on a few other questions. How does it handle bosses that can;t be 1 rotation burst down? Like the t4 seeds, and wave 20 Kosis? Also, is the recovery flask based/ is there easy ways to regain flask charges
"
Hakoonin wrote:

I don't get that whole keep yourself poisoned thing for some extra chaos resist. Is that what they attack with? My chaos resist is already pretty high, not maxed but in the +50 percent I think.

I would just need something to use for bosses. I just started leveling up a Flame Dash gem because you can phase through damage instead of running into it head on. I hope this will help some. Just in case I need more help is there a better shield or something? Just need that extra QoL for bossing.

Also yeah each time I have fought Sirus I get him to the last phase and just like you said he goes off screen and one shots me with his DIE! skill. Just need to stay near him but doing that means going through the beam that is spiraling so I hope the Flame Dash will help that.

It's not only for the chaos resist. It has a symbiosis with the shield Apep's slumber, which gives us +3 max resists while poisoned and regenerate 250ES per second while poisoned (50Es per poison, max 250). That way, we can take Mind over matter in the tree and have a lot of additional mitigation. +3 max resist is easily comparable to ~900 HP. But you need a watcher's eye with "Unaffected by poison". The chaos resist itself is a nice-to-have, but not the reason for self-poisoning.

"
theblindsaint wrote:

Thanks for the detailed reply, if I could add on a few other questions. How does it handle bosses that can;t be 1 rotation burst down? Like the t4 seeds, and wave 20 Kosis? Also, is the recovery flask based/ is there easy ways to regain flask charges

Kosis has a lot of life, i doubt any build can really one-shot him, even Ice Shot-Deadeye-builds won't be able to. But imo, he's not really a problem. Did 20/20 simulacrum deathless this league and a lot of them last league, both with the original build and with the MoM-Apeps Slumber-version. He signals his attacks pretty clearly, just have to learn them. T4 aren't a problem either, they are pretty easy too. Ok, maybe i die once, but i'm harvesting two or three T4-bosses at the same time most of the time... or do them in Delirium. The secret is ABM - Always Be Moving. Learned that last league the hard way - standing still in Delirium is guaranteed death ;-)
Life recovery is mainly done via Atziris and The Devouring Diadem. One or two "Surging Vitality" on small cluster jewels help too, especially on bosses without adds, since they don't spawn corpses to consume and we run out of flask charges. Still, you could switch out Blood Rage on such fights for "Desecrate" to spawn corpses to consume. We don't use Blood Rage on boss fights without adds anyway.

Hey guys! When do i need the mod 'can have an additional curse'? When i put skitterbots to the auras and take flesh and stone out?

Btw in the forum guide is skitterbots in helmet and in POB its flesh and stone in helmet.

TY
"
Hey guys! When do i need the mod 'can have an additional curse'? When i put skitterbots to the auras and take flesh and stone out?

Btw in the forum guide is skitterbots in helmet and in POB its flesh and stone in helmet.

TY

Skitterbots is no curse. You need it, when you have two curses ;-) So basically, when you get Asenath's gloves.
Hey

My ring has a curse enemies with level 8 despair mod. If I use this ring, then I guess I no longer need to run despair + blasphemy? If not, what would you replace it by? I guess this also impacts my impresence amulet.

Thanks.
"
Truppensturm wrote:
Hey

My ring has a curse enemies with level 8 despair mod. If I use this ring, then I guess I no longer need to run despair + blasphemy? If not, what would you replace it by? I guess this also impacts my impresence amulet.

Thanks.

I'd replace the ring for an impresence + Despair-Aura tbh.
Despair 8 gives -23% chaos res, 19% inc dot-dmg and adds 21 to 26 DMG.
Despair 20 gives -29% chaos res, 25% inc dot-dmg and adds 46 to 57 DMG.

This goes even higher if you run Despair 21 + Awakened Blasphemy (adds +1 level to curses), so Despair 22 would give -30% chaos res, 26% inc dot-dmg and adds 51 to 64 DMG. That's a lot.

On the other hand, if you don't want to switch the ring, i'd go for an amulet which has "+1 to level of all chaos gems" and "+1 to level of all dext gems" (2ex upwards), maybe even with "to chaos over time multiplier" (4ex upwards). That would give your blade vortex +2 level, same with Plague Bearer and Herald of Agony.

But i'd still recommend Impresence, especially since it's way cheaper than a decent rare amulet. And it gives you a defensive option too with Maddening Presence, at least for mapping - not so much on bosses.
Thanks for your insightful reply. Ill try the despair + blasphemy setup with impresence.
Hi, thanks for the guide! Before that I played a TecSlam Chieftain which couldn't kill a4. Then I searched for a "boss killer" and found your guide. Until now everything was like cake. Killed all conqueres with ease and went straight to a5 in a span of 2 days since starting that char.

He killed me.

All deaths were in the last phase. I had a corrupted blood jewel. It was almost always his quadruple beam combinded with autoattack and die beams from him. I'm not sure how to do this phase. Whirling blades will trigger the beam-debuff (slow?). Switching to flame dash then I don't have fortify anymore and I can't use whithering step for elusive. Phew.

How are you guys doing this? Was truly depressing not finishing him again. Pob is saying something like 3m dps (not sure about the poison and whither-stacks).

Here is my pob: https://pastebin.com/zAmgWdxe

Maybe someone can have a look and tell me how I can improve my char, mostly for singletarget?

Thanks in advance
Hi, I'm looking to start my 2nd character for the league. I'm mainly looking for a very fast map clearer with smooth gameplay (not constantly dying or clunky gameplay). I also want to be able to kill all map bosses quickly and conquerors too likely, I don't plan to use this character to do uber elder/awakener or any other end game bosses. I have my miner for that, so my main concerns are..

1. How much investment would I need to achieve all that? (Also how far would 40ex get me with this build?). I'm mainly worried about investing a lot into the build just to find it's going to feel squishy and have weak ST.

2. How does your Poison BV build differ from the other guide on the forums, believe this one and another seem to be the more popular choices.

Trying to figure all this out before I choose which build/guide to follow. Thanks a ton.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info