[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

I think the survivability is really not that bad. in previous leagues the highest I got is twice to level 96 and despite having a strong build I died occasionally at 83/84 content, this is the first build that got me to 98. Never died in Simulacrum, I have decent HP though with ~6250. I am even still using a Kitchen knife. Not sure how to post items, but you can see here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/JuRiOh/characters , I try to have decent life on everything.
I don't quite get it. Sure, the original build from this guide is more focussed on DPS than survival, but survivability isn't really that bad. Ppl should stop complaining "with this BUILD i'm being one-shotted" and instead look at WHY they died.

- Which map mods did you die on? If you got a juiced up map with the wrong mods (mobs do additional dmg, reduced resistances, inc crit chance and crit multiplier), one-shots have a higher probability than with burning ground-modifier or stuff like that. Especially on Awakened 8. If you have 150 Awakened objectives complete, map modifiers get a 25% boost. So if you got -12 resistance-mod on the map, it means you get a -15 instead. 3% doesn't look like much, but it IS a lot of less dmg you mitigate. Doesn't mean you can't run those modifiers - you just pay a bit more attention than on standard modifiers

- What did you do that moment? Pick up loot? stand still in delirium? Then it's your fault, and not the build's fault. This league mechanic has a very fast pace, and this build is made for an insane clear speed. You just don't stop to pick up loot or stand around. You dash / whirl / charge through the map, it's a touch and go up to the boss, and then you track back your loot.

Some ppl also forget to play the flask piano. Always have your flasks up during mapping. You get your charges back so fast while mapping, just play the piano every 4 seconds.
The only time I die in a simulacrum run is if the boss spawns on top of me. Most of the time its my fault because I stopped moving. I've completed 100% Delirious tier 14 map with with stacked sextants and gilded breach, harbinger, & legion. Granted it is easier on maps such as Beach and Strand. Going to try a tier 16 today and later and triple beyond. But first I need to update my tree to include second cluster. Love this build. [/quote]

Hi, man. Why do you use Summon Skitterbots? Sorry, but i dont understand ^)[/quote]

Thanks Luhashan!! I totally missed that. Had that for early game and never replaced. Hah! Was running great. Great damage and surviving. Never realized what I was missing. Thanks again for pointing that out.
"
DannyNorth wrote:
The only time I die in a simulacrum run is if the boss spawns on top of me. Most of the time its my fault because I stopped moving. I've completed 100% Delirious tier 14 map with with stacked sextants and gilded breach, harbinger, & legion. Granted it is easier on maps such as Beach and Strand. Going to try a tier 16 today and later and triple beyond. But first I need to update my tree to include second cluster. Love this build.

Hi, man. Why do you use Summon Skitterbots? Sorry, but i dont understand ^)

Thanks Luhashan!! I totally missed that. Had that for early game and never replaced. Hah! Was running great. Great damage and surviving. Never realized what I was missing. Thanks again for pointing that out.

Does the explode from Asenath's and the explode chest stack? Debating trying to craft my own chest with both and life or just buying one with a ton of life and additional curse.
Last edited by totalhavok3 on Apr 24, 2020, 8:27:35 PM
"
totalhavok3 wrote:
"
DannyNorth wrote:
The only time I die in a simulacrum run is if the boss spawns on top of me. Most of the time its my fault because I stopped moving. I've completed 100% Delirious tier 14 map with with stacked sextants and gilded breach, harbinger, & legion. Granted it is easier on maps such as Beach and Strand. Going to try a tier 16 today and later and triple beyond. But first I need to update my tree to include second cluster. Love this build.

Does the explode from Asenath's and the explode chest stack? Debating trying to craft my own chest with both and life or just buying one with a ton of life and additional curse.

Been wondering about this too. And wouldn’t explody chest negate the blind mechanic from Asenath, since there wont be any corpses around?
"
"
totalhavok3 wrote:
"
DannyNorth wrote:

Been wondering about this too. And wouldn’t explody chest negate the blind mechanic from Asenath, since there wont be any corpses around?

Also want to know. Before I make myself bankrupt on a new chest. XD
"

I don't think explosions from the chest consume corpses...

Having said that, The Devouring Diadem is quite hungry for corpses and gobbles them up pretty fast... so while it's not the chest causing it, not really sure how reliable the blind from Asenath is going to be... probably why people still choose to run Flesh and Stone as well.
Deleted and clarified my question in another post.
Last edited by Grundle4oreskin on Apr 26, 2020, 12:42:00 PM
Love the build! New to the end game thanks to this fun build. Thanks for the time and effort.

I finally got enough currency for the gloves but noticed that in POB that my DPS went from 29 to 26 when swapping out from The Embalmer gloves. This is the first time I have used POB so was wondering if it doesnt calculate the benefit of the gloves correctly. Am I taking a hit on DPS for the clear speed, and defense options?

Here is what I am currently rocking. I was swapping to Obliteration Wands for clearing.

Before I change my anointment on neck want to make sure the gloves are indeed better.
Last edited by zebrix on Apr 26, 2020, 9:42:44 AM
"
This is Grobbs, and it's at 34m dps. There are no skitterbots, there is no poisons on self with golden rule. I very confused how these numbers are being calculated.

https://pastebin.com/gHsAFY8w

If this is the most current PoB, maybe replace the older one on the banner page?
And the single cluster tree here actually has no clusters. It's using 92 nodes at level 93.

On Golden Rule + Antivenom, I know it's been removed as not worth the nodes. I'm not clear that it adds any dps, since Noxious Strikes is based on Poisons inflicted recently, and GR's poisons are reflected, not inflicted by you. Maybe that's just the occasional GGG language glitch.

Looking forward to playing with some of the newer experiments. This is certainly the most fun I've had with any build, although I can't play it all the time or I'll end up with carpal tunnel. :-)
Last edited by GreyLensman on Apr 26, 2020, 8:22:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info