Vulkan mod 1.1 (discontinued)

You are expert from Vulkan mod but You can't run game normally :)
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
Last edited by koszmarnica on Jan 13, 2020, 5:05:45 AM
TL;DR
You are my hero.
Thank you very much for this alternative to DirectX.

Here is my story:
I've recently renewed my computer by building a new one. I've switched from an intel CPU / GeForce GPU to a full AMD build (3600 / 5700XT) 3 weeks ago.

After my first fresh install I played PoE and encountered several crashes, it never happened to me before. I was quite depressed and thought I bought faulty hardward. I've tried many things from BIOS / drivers updates to better cooling of the system by changing the FANs curves, etc..

I made a lot of researches and found out that most of the time crashes like that were due to faulty PSU and it was indeed a piece I didn't change. I bought a new high-end one (corsair rm650x) and gave it a try, same result, several crashes during an hour of play.

I've found this topic and followed the instructions, since then I never encountered a crash at all. I didn't post earlier because I was thinking it was luck but several days have passed without any crashes so it seems to be a solid fix. :)

Sorry for my english, obviously not my mothertongue :)
Doesn't work for me. :(

PathOfExile_x64Steam_d3d11
Spoiler
info: Buffer size: 3840x2160
info: Image count: 3
warn: DxbcCompiler: Unsupported custom data block: DxbcCustomDataClass::Opaque
info: Presenter: Actual swap chain properties:
info: Format: VK_FORMAT_R8G8B8A8_SRGB
info: Present mode: VK_PRESENT_MODE_FIFO_KHR

PathOfExile_x64Steam_dxgi
Spoiler
info: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT:
info: Driver: 2.0.127
info: Vulkan: 1.2.131
info: Memory Heap[0]:
info: Size: 7920 MiB
info: Flags: 0x3
info: Memory Type[0]: Property Flags = 0x1
info: Memory Type[4]: Property Flags = 0xc1
info: Memory Heap[1]:
info: Size: 7896 MiB
info: Flags: 0x0
info: Memory Type[1]: Property Flags = 0x6
info: Memory Type[3]: Property Flags = 0xe
info: Memory Type[5]: Property Flags = 0xc6
info: Memory Type[7]: Property Flags = 0xce
info: Memory Heap[2]:
info: Size: 256 MiB
info: Memory Type[2]: Property Flags = 0x7
info: Memory Type[6]: Property Flags = 0xc7
warn: DXGI: MakeWindowAssociation: Ignoring flags
ive tried this but cant get over the mircro studdering, very annoying to me

is there anyone with a full built cache that can upload it to say google drive?

or is that a stupid question and it doesnt work this way im thinking it does? lol

the fps gains and smooth gameplay after cache is so nice.

havning to not build the cache one's self would be nice(if this works) lol
"
ive tried this but cant get over the mircro studdering, very annoying to me

is there anyone with a full built cache that can upload it to say google drive?

or is that a stupid question and it doesnt work this way im thinking it does? lol

the fps gains and smooth gameplay after cache is so nice.

havning to not build the cache one's self would be nice(if this works) lol

You can try (combined cache of me and ErasmusTycho), but I have big doubts if it really helps much (also there is newer version dxvk in the archive, you can try it, but its not needed). Seems the cache state saving might not be ideal at all for this game, as simply everyone runs different build and MTX and mtx effects affects greatly the effects you see, thus shaders will vary from person to person, from alt to alt.
"
iCapuz wrote:
Doesn't work for me. :(

PathOfExile_x64Steam_d3d11
Spoiler
info: Presenter: Actual swap chain properties:
info: Format: VK_FORMAT_R8G8B8A8_SRGB
info: Present mode: VK_PRESENT_MODE_FIFO_KHR

PathOfExile_x64Steam_dxgi
Spoiler
info: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT:
info: Driver: 2.0.127
info: Vulkan: 1.2.131
info: Memory Heap[0]:
info: Size: 7920 MiB
info: Memory Type[0]: Property Flags = 0x1
info: Memory Type[4]: Property Flags = 0xc1
info: Memory Heap[1]:
info: Size: 7896 MiB
info: Flags: 0x0
info: Memory Type[1]: Property Flags = 0x6
info: Memory Type[3]: Property Flags = 0xe
info: Memory Type[5]: Property Flags = 0xc6
info: Memory Type[7]: Property Flags = 0xce
info: Memory Heap[2]:
info: Size: 256 MiB
info: Memory Type[2]: Property Flags = 0x7
info: Memory Type[6]: Property Flags = 0xc7
warn: DXGI: MakeWindowAssociation: Ignoring flags
Dunno why it does not work, at least in the partial log you posted are no errors. I can only recommend to reboot before trying out (to be sure you are not running from recovered driver crash which might be causing issues).
"
Daiena wrote:
Inb4 a bunch of people brick their desktops and start blaming ggg on it lol.
Honestly, considering the vast amount of bs topics conjured up in here regarding performance issues of which most are caused by user-end crap tech or unmaintained pc it self, i am quite sure this sort of thing should not be posted here, it's like asking for trouble.

What the hell are you talking about.
Most people complaining about performance or stability have very good to great gaming machines.

Not only are the issues isolated to PoE, the game itself is a great example of rushed releases and technical debt.
The only thing that should not be posted here are childish, dismissive and uninformed claims, such as the ones you made.
You can use async and trade macro. Just start game in windowed mode and activate borderless gaming or any similar tool
Im getting 30 more fps in H/O and overall when not in combat. But sadly its worse for me during combat cos it seems loading assets or compiling whatever is the word is even worse. I guess the reason is cos my SSD is slow, around 280mb/s

So its amazing to see 30+fps more but damn drops to 0 fps all the time during combat.

Idk my conclusion is that the engine assets loading issue is something so big like desync we had before years, we need something revolutionary to be solved this problem.
Last edited by Joleco on Jan 31, 2020, 1:28:48 PM
"
Actkqk wrote:
I have a mid-range computer. Normal hard drive, no SSD. 8 GB RAM and Windows 7 64-bit. I always suffer from constant FPS drops, disconnections in unexpected moments, CTD relatively frecuent. Slow loading of lights, shadows, textures when entering new areas. I have watched the forum carefully and I know that I am not the only one playing PoE in this way... Today I decided to try this, there is nothing to lose and I have a build that can withstand the first seconds that can be unpleasant due to stuttering... I have been playing for 4 hours with Vulkan and frankly I'm shocked. I know Vulkan thanks to Doom 2016 and then I had already been surprised, but now I am in shock. My game changed 100%. The load when entering new areas is much faster. Once the cache is ready the game goes smoothly that I never thought possible. For the first time in more than 6 years I am playing PoE at more than 80 fps quite stable and in sectors that with DX11 gave me 50 FPS and with constant jumps. I've played all this time without crashes and literally with my mouth wide open...

What settings are u using on this vulkan mod? Im gonna try 2nd time to see if can be better after game puts everything in cache and play longer. But i think my SSD is slow, getting drops to 0 all the time when in combat damn.

Im really curious how all other games can run smooth like silk even on HDDs but this is only game with this assets loading issue. It feels to me that with this mod is even worse. But FPS gain is fuckin huge and i wish this stuttering to not exist :S

imagine if they officially finally release Vulkan even in beta. For AMD video card users will be something huge im sure.

edit: damn 1.4.5 (the one in async folder) is freezing after load screen. i pressed ctl alt del and say game not responding and crashes. standalone client. What can cause this?

Ok 2nd try it works idk why 1st froze
Last edited by Joleco on Feb 2, 2020, 5:13:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info