Vulkan mod 1.1 (discontinued)

"
Zvelkyor wrote:
ok, found it in my folder....my bad... with steam = automatic reboot with or without TANE, AFK in hideout crash too(GPU 65°/CPU 45°)with all radeon/AMD precessus killed or not.

will be back after trying without steam. Thanks again.

Odd, In case it crashes for you even in the stand-alone client, can you please send me trough PM PathOfExile_x64_d3d11.log and PathOfExile_x64_dxgi.log (please trough PM, those are quite long, lets not spam forum :)
ok, with stand-alone client and 1.5 version, it seems working. Some freeze of course but it's pretty cool =)

Last edited by Zvelkyor on Dec 18, 2019, 9:13:37 PM
question: even if ggg fixes the amd crashes, would it be ok to stick to this? because this is nice actually
"
illmtk wrote:
question: even if ggg fixes the amd crashes, would it be ok to stick to this? because this is nice actually

I guess you can, just if you run into any problems, try to reproduce the problem without this and then report to ggg. I am also planning to stay with this, and keep it updated for the time being...
This is actually insane how much better the game runs on this, GGG should just convert the entire game to vulkan if this is the performance it gives.

My experience: Win7 64bit, Extremely high FPS on 1.5 but serious stutter, but I did notice it smooths out over time like it's supposed to.

However on 1.2 although it's less of an FPS gain, the "calibration stutter" isn't nearly as severe and pretty playable while it smooths itself out.

A bug I noticed: Vsync doesn't seem to work in game with this applied, I had to force it through my Nvidia control panel.
"
Enthesis wrote:
This is actually insane how much better the game runs on this, GGG should just convert the entire game to vulkan if this is the performance it gives.

On exilecon GGG told they will be moving to Vulkan.

Glad to hear it works for you. If you discover any additional tuning which helps (for example specific graphic setting which improves it), please let me know.

"
Enthesis wrote:
My experience: Win7 64bit, Extremely high FPS on 1.5 but serious stutter, but I did notice it smooths out over time like it's supposed to.

However on 1.2 although it's less of an FPS gain, the "calibration stutter" isn't nearly as severe and pretty playable while it smooths itself out.

This is hard to confirm, because even with cache state disabled, the cache is kept by the graphic driver. (cache state helps if the driver cache is invalidated). So it might be that if you switch to 1.5 you will see less stuttering than before.

"
Enthesis wrote:

A bug I noticed: Vsync doesn't seem to work in game with this applied, I had to force it through my Nvidia control panel.

AS for the vsync - The vsync does (did) not work on Linux at all in wine, so most likely DXVK is not even considering it exists.

----

I am currently testing another dxvk version which should have the best from both of this versions. But I need to find some normal workaround for steam users, as it also requires async to be enabled.
Updated the guide and package to version 1.1
instead of starting script I made one configuration script which works on both steam and standalone version (steam has to be restarted though between changes :/
Also, I removed 1.2.1 version of the DXVK and added 1.4.5 with the same set of patches 1.2.1 had. This means it should have slightly better perfomance and I recomend to use it instead.

Also, I force enabled the HUD displaying DXVK version, so:
1) it is clear which version you are running, and you would not report glitches to ggg :)
2) so you know you are indeed running vulkan :)

----

Also, I tried to play with lowest ingame settings possible (there is not much difference in visual anyway), and stuttering seems to be greatly improved.

Thank you so much for the fix, you are a hero!

Is there any way to remove the async text in the upper left corner? And can you make trade macro work with this?
"
LasagneBanan wrote:
Thank you so much for the fix, you are a hero!

Is there any way to remove the async text in the upper left corner? And can you make trade macro work with this?

There is a way, but I made it to appear on purpose, so people know they are running unsupported thing, and in case they would post screenshot for some bug report, it would be obvious they are not running official renderer.

As for the trade macro, to be honest I don't know. It uses AHK for showing the tooltips, and if it works as an overlay (trying to insert graphic into the game rendering), it would not work unless AHK will start support vulkan.

Trade macro works for me with DXVK v1.5, it doesn't work with the other version. Im running windowed fullscreen.

Here is a screenshot showing trade macro:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzqv1hqi9br0h5d/Screenshot%202020-01-09%2010.10.31.png?dl=0

Did anyone else notice the performance characteristics changed the past few days, maybe since the last patch? I'm having less stuttering/freezing, but lower fps in general. Before my fps graph would look like 100 - 100 - 0 - 100 - 100 - 0.. Now its more like 100 - 70 - 60 - 60 - 100. Edit: The lower FPS might be because I put aspect of the spider in my build, I do notice less stuttering though.

Im running a 5700 XT with ryzen 3700x.

Last edited by ErasmusTycho on Jan 8, 2020, 11:27:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info