Vulkan mod 1.1 (discontinued)

"
Joleco wrote:
"
Actkqk wrote:
I have a mid-range computer. Normal hard drive, no SSD. 8 GB RAM and Windows 7 64-bit. I always suffer from constant FPS drops, disconnections in unexpected moments, CTD relatively frecuent. Slow loading of lights, shadows, textures when entering new areas. I have watched the forum carefully and I know that I am not the only one playing PoE in this way... Today I decided to try this, there is nothing to lose and I have a build that can withstand the first seconds that can be unpleasant due to stuttering... I have been playing for 4 hours with Vulkan and frankly I'm shocked. I know Vulkan thanks to Doom 2016 and then I had already been surprised, but now I am in shock. My game changed 100%. The load when entering new areas is much faster. Once the cache is ready the game goes smoothly that I never thought possible. For the first time in more than 6 years I am playing PoE at more than 80 fps quite stable and in sectors that with DX11 gave me 50 FPS and with constant jumps. I've played all this time without crashes and literally with my mouth wide open...

What settings are u using on this vulkan mod? Im gonna try 2nd time to see if can be better after game puts everything in cache and play longer. But i think my SSD is slow, getting drops to 0 all the time when in combat damn.

Im really curious how all other games can run smooth like silk even on HDDs but this is only game with this assets loading issue. It feels to me that with this mod is even worse. But FPS gain is fuckin huge and i wish this stuttering to not exist :S

imagine if they officially finally release Vulkan even in beta. For AMD video card users will be something huge im sure.

edit: damn 1.4.5 (the one in async folder) is freezing after load screen. i pressed ctl alt del and say game not responding and crashes. standalone client. What can cause this?

Ok 2nd try it works idk why 1st froze

I showed the settings in video in 1st post (almost everything on highest setting). Anyway, it seems (I might be wrong there) the stuttering is due to Poe using d3dcompiler which cannot be intercepted by vulkan yet. Basically, Game creates a new shader using d3dcompiler, and only after that Vulkan can take over and convert it. While using DirectX mode, there is no issue, because it can be created asynchronously (we don't have to wait for it), but Vulkan has to. And that is cause for the stutter. The async version should help, unfortunately, it works on Linux much better than on Windows (but again, the DXVK we are using was never ment to be used on windows.

Also, other games have similar performance on DX as on Vulkan... Something wrong is going on with this game
Last edited by julus on Feb 11, 2020, 3:10:15 AM
this is amazing, like linux performance for windows lol. a paradox solution that works wow!
I found a way to run the async version without having the fullscreen behavior, so trade macros/price checking macros work without showing in the background & streaming / taking screenshots does not display a black screen any longer (well, I haven't tested streaming but screenshots do now work).

You run the game in windowed mode, and run a borderless fullscreen app. I found this one that is open source and available on Github that works flawlessly for me. You can also hide the taskbar with this (without disabling it) to get it identical to native borderless fullscreen: https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming
Last edited by LiNGeN on Feb 20, 2020, 10:03:00 AM
I have amd radeon 6950 so I think that Vulkan won't work on my system, correct?
"
Tosou wrote:
I have amd radeon 6950 so I think that Vulkan won't work on my system, correct?

Yes, sorry, AMD added support for vulkan in Radeon 77xx series onwards.
I am unable to run in vulkan mode since latest patch. Only happens to me?

EDIT: Without me realizing it, my client was failing to start up in 64-bit mode since the latest patch (causing a lot of grieve).
Last edited by LiNGeN on Mar 8, 2020, 5:44:59 PM
anything to clear when switching from async to latest and back? Whats the real diff there anyway
Is this thread due to newest Vulcan beta rendrenerer happily outdated? ;)
You were right. I have criticized You but finally You was right.
I don't have enough knowledge about Vulkan why I was skeptical.
Now like I think this is the first step to run Game on other platform like Linux and better renderer etc.
And I wish Team will implement my suggestions too.
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
"
LordBlick wrote:
Is this thread due to newest Vulcan beta rendrenerer happily outdated? ;)
Indeed it is :)

"
koszmarnica wrote:
You were right. I have criticized You but finally You was right.
I don't have enough knowledge about Vulkan why I was skeptical.
Now like I think this is the first step to run Game on other platform like Linux and better renderer etc.
And I wish Team will implement my suggestions too.

This was not my suggestion, since ExileCon we already knew the Vulkan implementation is coming.

Considering the fiasco with Metamorph and game crashes, we (me + several other players) took a look if we can somehow switch it to Vulkan sooner. We found DXVK project which could intercept D3D11 calls and translate them to Vulkan and was fixing the crashed related to Metamorph league. In addition we noticed it was improving overall FPS (if shaders were not involved) so this "mod guide" was born.

This never was affiliated with GGG and I never contacted them regarding this mod.

The GGG implementation of Vulkan is completely different than what this mod was doing as it is integrating Vulkan directly within the game. Hence there is no translation or slowdowns associated with the translation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info