Vulkan mod 1.1 (discontinued)

"
ErasmusTycho wrote:
"
julus wrote:

It would be best to continue, the cache is build on the fly, so once you reach maps, at least you would have kinda better experience from start. starting with maps you might get much more stuttering from the beginning. However the cache is bound by your disk space (I have no clue where AMD/Nvidia drivers actually saves it, but i guess disk C:) so the cache might get deleted over time, and also if you update drivers or switch dxvk versions the cache might get purged completely (the cache state should however help rebuild it much faster - you would see "compiling shaders" in bottom left corner when this happens, but stuttering will be present).

I'm pretty sure the cache is saved in the POE folder (where you put the dlls) as PathOfExile_x64.dxvk-cache. Mine is ~26mb right now.
that is the state chache, not the shader cache. If I understand this thing correctly, the state cache contains information to rebuild the shader cache in case it gets purged/deleted, hence it should decrease the possibility of stuttering as it will be rebuilding it when it has free time.

"
Actkqk wrote:
"
ErasmusTycho wrote:

I'm pretty sure the cache is saved in the POE folder (where you put the dlls) as PathOfExile_x64.dxvk-cache. Mine is ~26mb right now.

26 mb? XD Mine is just 3 mb at the moment... There is no version with the cache ready? Or does the cache depend on the graphic options and the resolution that each one occupies when playing?

I am not sure if the cache state can be transferred as the shaders themselves depend on your card model, windows version and driver version. If you change any of those things, the cache is purged and I have no idea if the state cache would be any help. It does not posses problem when you are upgrading to later dxvk version as the cache state is updated, but in case transferring to different system running different GPU and/or drivers it might render the cache state be incompatible.

One of the big differences between Vulkan and DirectX is that while DirectX is bound to windows (WXP - DX9 , Vista - DX10, Win7 - DX11, Win10 - DX12), the vulkan is implemented by graphic drivers and therefore the new things are added more recently. Even now, the DXVK support features which are not implemented yet by Radeon drivers on Windows, once implemented, the DXVK will make use of it to run game better/faster, but once this happens, the old cache will be purged again and have to be rebuilt using new information.
Inb4 a bunch of people brick their desktops and start blaming ggg on it lol.
Honestly, considering the vast amount of bs topics conjured up in here regarding performance issues of which most are caused by user-end crap tech or unmaintained pc it self, i am quite sure this sort of thing should not be posted here, it's like asking for trouble.
No rest for the wicked.
agree
Check RAM by MemTest
Then disc HD Tune or better newer program, especially checkSMART section

If this base tests pass without error, check Your graphic card by Unigine Heaven. It should pass without crash if occur You have something bad.

Additional You can check with this.

All checks should pass without crashes errors etc.

If all is good check if You have no alerts in device manager.

check for some cheats or viruses installed at last.

Play on old laptop lenovo G50-45, no lags, no crash, no deaths, play on HC, sometimes by mobile WiFi, 100 ping.
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
Last edited by koszmarnica on Jan 12, 2020, 8:23:21 AM
"
koszmarnica wrote:
agree
Check RAM by MemTest
Then disc HD Tune or better newer program, especially checkSMART section

If this base tests pass without error, check Your graphic card by Unigine Heaven. It should pass without crash if occur You have something bad.

Additional You can check with this.

All checks should pass without crashes errors etc.

If all is good check if You have no alerts in device manager.

check for some cheats or viruses installed at last.

Play on old laptop lenovo G50-45, no lags, no crash, no deaths, play on HC, sometimes by mobile WiFi, 100 ping.

WTF this guy... reported. Seems like a bot, always the same stupid response even in topics like this.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Last edited by koszmarnica on Jan 12, 2020, 1:17:58 PM
"
koszmarnica wrote:
WTF is this guy ?

More like WTF is your help addressed to?
This topic is about alternate way to run PoE via Vulkan rendering instead of directx, it has it is own problem and its own advantages. It is not my fault GGG moderators moved it to Technical support, and nobody here asks for help with crashes, but rather we are discussing facts and observation from Vulkanized PoE. The fact it helps to avoid some crashes is actually side effect and result of bad DirectX implementation (I would not comment if on GGG or MS or GPU drivers side).

Also your advice is foolish on so many levels.
1) memtest86 - unless users are hitting BSOD with varying crash codes, or random crashes in other apps, 99.99% it will be clean

2) HD tune - failing disk usually causes system/apps to freeze (cause waiting for IO), not crash immediately, and if it crashes, in most cases the apps will give failure code pointing to potential problem with disk. Also, smart is stupid, even on failing disk the smart test gives me "no errors found" even though the disk has uncorrectable sectors and already was ejected from raid several times.. so this advice is useless without any further instructions.

3) Unigine Heaven - Running some base tests will not uncover any errors or race conditions that might arise users due to meeting some special conditions, so 99.9% users will pass your "magic" base test, yet the PoE will still be crashing for them. Also, PoE is not running on Unigine, so what is even the point?

4) Caps viewer, how the hell should knowledge of your card capabilities help you solve anything?

5) device manager - Should be step two. Also, you would most likely face performance or weird issues all over the place if some part of the HW is properly online.

6) cheats and viruses - should be step one.

If you want to help, at least post something which makes sense and everyone can understand.

It's nice the game runs well on your HW. For me it also runs without any crashes (except the recent AMD crash with metamorph which was fixed by GGG (did Unigine fixed that as well? Oh wait, that was engine problem!), but not everyone is so lucky. There are things in software development you are never be able to account for, and some combination of HW and/or SW will always be affected by unforeseen issues.
Answer fast because of not fluent English and no time to waste
"
julus wrote:
"
koszmarnica wrote:
WTF is this guy ?

More like WTF is your help addressed to?
This topic is about alternate way to run PoE via Vulkan rendering instead of directx

sorry dont read everything

"
1) memtest86 - unless users are hitting BSOD with varying crash codes, or random crashes in other apps, 99.99% it will be clean

broken RAM shows BSOD with various codes and information which not indicating to RAM failure. this is very misleading. But if We check RAM We can discover problem.

"
2) HD tune - failing disk usually causes system/apps to freeze (cause waiting for IO), not crash immediately, and if it crashes, in most cases the apps will give failure code pointing to potential problem with disk. Also, smart is stupid, even on failing disk the smart test gives me "no errors found" even though the disk has uncorrectable sectors and already was ejected from raid several times.. so this advice is useless without any further instructions.
Not always, depends on system, HW etc, this is not obvious.

"
3) Unigine Heaven - Running some base tests will not uncover any errors or race conditions that might arise users due to meeting some special conditions, so 99.9% users will pass your "magic" base test, yet the PoE will still be crashing for them. Also, PoE is not running on Unigine, so what is even the point?
If graphic card is broken in most of case after some period system will crash, or stop responding etc, what will indicate some problem.

4) Caps viewer, how the hell should knowledge of your card capabilities help you solve anything?
the same as above, additional test to check if GPU work properly.

"
5) device manager - Should be step two. Also, you would most likely face performance or weird issues all over the place if some part of the HW is properly online.

should be step after check all HW components like I described, before.

"
6) cheats and viruses - should be step one.

Last step after check HW. Only then You can check software.

I can add that BSOD, and other strange behavior of computer could be made by any HW even bad Power Supply if some power voltage intensity is fixed HW works not good shows sometimes strange error codes, but not indicates real failure You must find it by self.

Bye :).
Last edited by koszmarnica on Jan 12, 2020, 6:10:30 PM
"
koszmarnica wrote:
Blah blah blah...

I'll make it simple to see if you understand once and for all. What relationship has what you posted with the topic being discussed here?

No one here is asking for help. Stop posting stupid things if you don't even know what we are talking about.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
blah blah blah I can write where I want.
"
koszmarnica wrote:
blah blah blah...

Be very careful with this child. He looked for me inside the game to do PvP and when I refused he asked me why I was so scared... He is dangerous, maybe he can kill you or scare you, be careful.

XD
Last edited by Actkqk on Jan 13, 2020, 12:09:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info