Vulkan mod 1.1 (discontinued)

I have a mid-range computer. Normal hard drive, no SSD. 8 GB RAM and Windows 7 64-bit. I always suffer from constant FPS drops, disconnections in unexpected moments, CTD relatively frecuent. Slow loading of lights, shadows, textures when entering new areas. I have watched the forum carefully and I know that I am not the only one playing PoE in this way... Today I decided to try this, there is nothing to lose and I have a build that can withstand the first seconds that can be unpleasant due to stuttering... I have been playing for 4 hours with Vulkan and frankly I'm shocked. I know Vulkan thanks to Doom 2016 and then I had already been surprised, but now I am in shock. My game changed 100%. The load when entering new areas is much faster. Once the cache is ready the game goes smoothly that I never thought possible. For the first time in more than 6 years I am playing PoE at more than 80 fps quite stable and in sectors that with DX11 gave me 50 FPS and with constant jumps. I've played all this time without crashes and literally with my mouth wide open...
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
I don't see version information in top left corner but it feels like Vulkan is working. i got fps boost and everytime i use new skill or move to new location the game is freezing and then it goes back to normal and become smooth
"
ErasmusTycho wrote:
Trade macro works for me with DXVK v1.5, it doesn't work with the other version. Im running windowed fullscreen.

Here is a screenshot showing trade macro:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzqv1hqi9br0h5d/Screenshot%202020-01-09%2010.10.31.png?dl=0

Did anyone else notice the performance characteristics changed the past few days, maybe since the last patch? I'm having less stuttering/freezing, but lower fps in general. Before my fps graph would look like 100 - 100 - 0 - 100 - 100 - 0.. Now its more like 100 - 70 - 60 - 60 - 100. Edit: The lower FPS might be because I put aspect of the spider in my build, I do notice less stuttering though.

Im running a 5700 XT with ryzen 3700x.

Oh, that explains why I cannot capture the async play via OBS, seems the async is rendering it quite differently. At least I included both options :)

As for the performance, it still depends on the quantity of effects on the screen and combinations. Higher tier maps - higher chance of lower fps. Still should be better than DX11 (if it does not stutter).

"
voin_boec_228 wrote:
I don't see version information in top left corner but it feels like Vulkan is working. i got fps boost and everytime i use new skill or move to new location the game is freezing and then it goes back to normal and become smooth

That version is showed only when you actually run the config.bat script before (it sets required variables). If you are using the latest - dxvk 1.5 you don't need to run it, but for the async version, the scripts sets async to perform better (can be toggled by the script).

"
julus wrote:

Oh, that explains why I cannot capture the async play via OBS, seems the async is rendering it quite differently. At least I included both options :)

When I used the async version I noticed a short black screen when alt-tabbing. This doesn't happen with the non-async version. It seems to me that the async version is rendering like fullscreen and that could be why the trade macro doesn't work.

Personally I found the async version to stutter more, but I was using non-async for a long time before so might be because I already had most shaders cached.
Big thank you, i can play Poe with DXVK juste need time to CACHE all effect but in long time is pretty good and less and less no crash for my pc BIG thank you

Finally I was able to kill Sirius without crashing. Thank you very much for this solution to my problem, now I can play without issues :). I was going with 1.45 async.
I have a doubt...
I tried this and I was amazed. As I said before, I have a mid-range computer and with this the FPS become much more constant and there are sectors where I can go to 90 FPS where with normal DX rendering I go to 40 FPS. The change is simply incredible. The only problem is stuttering and for that reason I have decided to continue with normal DX for now. I am currently with a level 59 character and I plan to use Vulkan again when I start mapping. This stutter at some point I suppose will end? Is it okay to activate it when I start mapping or is it best to continue using it right now even if it costs me some eventual death from stuttering?
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
"
Actkqk wrote:
I have a doubt...
I tried this and I was amazed. As I said before, I have a mid-range computer and with this the FPS become much more constant and there are sectors where I can go to 90 FPS where with normal DX rendering I go to 40 FPS. The change is simply incredible. The only problem is stuttering and for that reason I have decided to continue with normal DX for now. I am currently with a level 59 character and I plan to use Vulkan again when I start mapping. This stutter at some point I suppose will end? Is it okay to activate it when I start mapping or is it best to continue using it right now even if it costs me some eventual death from stuttering?

It would be best to continue, the cache is build on the fly, so once you reach maps, at least you would have kinda better experience from start. starting with maps you might get much more stuttering from the beginning. However the cache is bound by your disk space (I have no clue where AMD/Nvidia drivers actually saves it, but i guess disk C:) so the cache might get deleted over time, and also if you update drivers or switch dxvk versions the cache might get purged completely (the cache state should however help rebuild it much faster - you would see "compiling shaders" in bottom left corner when this happens, but stuttering will be present).

"
julus wrote:

It would be best to continue, the cache is build on the fly, so once you reach maps, at least you would have kinda better experience from start. starting with maps you might get much more stuttering from the beginning. However the cache is bound by your disk space (I have no clue where AMD/Nvidia drivers actually saves it, but i guess disk C:) so the cache might get deleted over time, and also if you update drivers or switch dxvk versions the cache might get purged completely (the cache state should however help rebuild it much faster - you would see "compiling shaders" in bottom left corner when this happens, but stuttering will be present).

I'm pretty sure the cache is saved in the POE folder (where you put the dlls) as PathOfExile_x64.dxvk-cache. Mine is ~26mb right now.
"
ErasmusTycho wrote:

I'm pretty sure the cache is saved in the POE folder (where you put the dlls) as PathOfExile_x64.dxvk-cache. Mine is ~26mb right now.

26 mb? XD Mine is just 3 mb at the moment... There is no version with the cache ready? Or does the cache depend on the graphic options and the resolution that each one occupies when playing?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info