Content Update 3.9.0 -- Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

what's up with the +1 curses on body armour being gone now? give us less incentive to diversify builds ty ggg
"
Tsaar wrote:
"
Drogan666 wrote:
"
Tsaar wrote:

I completely agree that Ascendancies was the beginning of the end. Where before players had to be creative and thoughtful, when ascendancies came out they started streamlining everything in a fashion similar to retail WoW. Wanna play trapper? Pretty much only choice is Saboteur. Wanna play a build with many elemental heralds? Ok Elementalist is what you pick etc etc. Streamlined cookie cutter brain dead. Remove player agency. What's the point of the big passive tree when you are boxed into a certain ascendancy? For PoE2 they wanna address the "big overwhelming skill tree" , yeah obviously because the direction they are going in is arcade like choose a class and play it with a few abilities like Overwatch. Also PoE2 in itself is a huge joke no one wanted a new campaign, and removing links and fusings why? They put all their resources into these things that no one wants, no one asked for and that do nothing for the game other than try to attract a 'wider' audience.

POE2 announcement got an overwhelmingly positive reaction from the community stop deluding yourself. Did you really like to roll the dice a thousands time in a row for your fusing or you're just trying to find something to complain about ?

I am well aware about the positive reaction from the community. Nevertheless, popularity doesn't equal quality. It's the honeymoon phase and a lot of hype for the masses, but not everyone is blinded by this. Just like with Ascendancy, which you didn't address, but maybe because you weren't around back then.
I adore fusings and rolling the dice. Rolling the dice is a huge pillar of this game Path of Exile. If you don't like RNG this game might not be for you.
Other than appealing to popular opinion of Reddit (which is always the same) and complaining about RNG in PoE, do you have a real argument?

So you want a real argument? How about: "Grinding" for a 6 link armor sucks because repeatetly using fusings on it until it makes pong is boring mind numbing bullshit which was never fun for the majority and only acceptable when successfull. I heard horrorstorys of bad luck 3000 fusing later and higher. Cancer like this must not be adored, even if its "bad" luck.

The point is: A majority of those who stop playing because of shitty RNG does not bother joining this forum or reddit and leave their opinion.
the majority just uninstalls the game and searches for another one without anyone noticing it.
And I can tell you there is a bunch of people hating the fact that so much in this game is behind rng, even the full experience of your build.
"
So you want a real argument? How about: "Grinding" for a 6 link armor sucks because repeatetly using fusings on it until it makes pong is boring mind numbing bullshit which was never fun for the majority and only acceptable when successfull. I heard horrorstorys of bad luck 3000 fusing later and higher. Cancer like this must not be adored, even if its "bad" luck.

The point is: A majority of those who stop playing because of shitty RNG does not bother joining this forum or reddit and leave their opinion.
the majority just uninstalls the game and searches for another one without anyone noticing it.
And I can tell you there is a bunch of people hating the fact that so much in this game is behind rng, even the full experience of your build.

their demo had a bunch of the links locked in the menu, you can't tell me there still isn't going to be some kind of grind to unlock 6 links. no way they give us a bunch of 6 links right from level 1
It is clear that different people nerfed different things without anyone having any oversight. You just collected everyone's changes and called it "patch notes".

Otherwise I can't explain why you would nerf Zombies this much, when you are already increasing resistances, armor, monster life. You even put in a new stat to counter armor, that summoners can't use. So you're basically telling me that I'm not allowed to experience the game at a point where summoner builds are actually good, because I skipped Blight and now it's time to swing the pendulum in the opposite direction.

Multimodding nerfed and Maim deleted? Fine, I can make Queen's Decree work maybe.

Zombie damage nerfed, slam gutted, feeding frenzy nerfed, zombie life shit on......like why would I even bother trying to figure out how to adjust for that? I can't. It's so much shit on top of the general changes for the league.

Again: It's is unthinkable to me, that someone with oversight over all the changes thought this was ok.

I mean you took maim away, the zombie dmg nerf + feeding frenzy nerf is like another dmg support taken away. Then there's all the other shit.

You turned 7L Zombies into 4L zombies in terms of power. At least. This is the worst change I've ever seen for summoners and that is saying a lot, because I still remember the mid first or second week of league nerf of Stygian Revenants. Back then I told you how pissed off I was with a mid league change. So I guess I should at least thank you for posting these garbage patch notes beforehand so I know that I shouldn't even bother with this league.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Matthew_GGG on Dec 12, 2019, 1:16:54 PM
"
DieKao wrote:
It is clear that different people nerfed different things without anyone having any oversight. You just collected everyone's changes and called it "patch notes".

Otherwise I can't explain why you would nerf Zombies this much, when you are already increasing resistances, armor, monster life. You even put in a new stat to counter armor, that summoners can't use. So you're basically telling me that I'm not allowed to experience the game at a point where summoner builds are actually good, because I skipped Blight and now it's time to swing the pendulum in the opposite direction.

Multimodding nerfed and Maim deleted? Fine, I can make Queen's Decree work maybe.

Zombie damage nerfed, slam gutted, feeding frenzy nerfed, zombie life shit on......like why would I even bother trying to figure out how to adjust for that? I can't. It's so much shit on top of the general changes for the league.

Again: It's is unthinkable to me, that someone with oversight over all the changes thought this was ok.

I mean you took maim away, the zombie dmg nerf + feeding frenzy nerf is like another dmg support taken away. Then there's all the other shit.

You turned 7L Zombies into 4L zombies in terms of power. At least. This is the worst change I've ever seen for summoners and that is saying a lot, because I still remember the mid first or second week of league nerf of Stygian Revenants. Back then I told you how pissed off I was with a mid league change. So I guess I should at least thank you for posting these garbage patch notes beforehand so I know that I shouldn't even bother with this league.

[Removed by Support]

Noooooo summoners won't be able to do end game content with leveling gear now :'(
Last edited by Matthew_GGG on Dec 12, 2019, 1:18:00 PM
I'm.

Going.

To.

Play.

Minions.

Anyway!

But seriously, that nix on maim for 2h maces is just evil.
And the nerf to multimodding will make really good gear unreachable for everyone but the 1%

What were you thinking?

I copy paste this and its exactly how i feel i don't wanna play something else
i play what's fun for me .
this is the 3 league whos Occultist remove the 8 ascendancy.. pfff
Summoners complaining about nerfs.

Y'all been and still are the cheapest way to grind to endgame every league. Guaranteed red maps without even trying.

Even with these nerfs, summoners still OP. Easy mode PoE.
Last edited by Rockell on Dec 11, 2019, 5:31:31 PM
"
The Faster Start of Energy Shield Recharge crafted modifiers: The lower tier now grants 8 to 11% (from 12 to 17%) and costs an Orb of Alchemy (previously a Regal Orb), and the higher tier now grants 12 to 15% (from 18 to 24%) and costs 4 Orbs of Alchemy (from 1 Exalted Orb).

Oh COME ON!
Awakened Combustion Support when?
"

Yeah there's horrorstories of 3000 fusings and I experienced this too but there's also triumphs of getting super lucky and only using a couple fusings. These are highs and lows that make the game more exciting. What your mentality calls for is to normalize everything to a common grey mass without highs and lows, a boring common denominator. Not to mention you can just pay to craft a 6l if you don't want to deal with the RNG.
You think you are entitled to a 6l, but you have to put in effort to farm currency or get lucky.
Personally, when I decide what build I will play I actually think about how much currency I have and if i'm low on currency I go with a build that can do fine on a 5l (never have i played a build that can't farm tier 10 or even red maps on a 5l) or I even go with a build that doesn't require you to link anything at all like Ngamahu's Axe. That's why there is different builds for different situations and points in the league, it's exactly things like this that make this game amazing and greater than the sum of its parts. Like at the start of the league, where you shouldn't count on the best gear and 6l right away, unless using Tabula. All these little nuances are what make this game extraordinary; but for people like you who just want to pick and choose a build and have everything spoonfed, there's so many other games (seriously pick any game 99.9% chance it's like that). Why do you want everything to be the same boring grey mass?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info