Content Update 3.9.0 -- Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

"
why did they just ninja nerf explosive arrow.... smh
It’s actually a huge buff. Massively buffed.

This whole thread shows a lack of understanding by the players in game mechanics and meta facets of the game like crafting.
WARNING: Do not give GGG money. Never forgive the content creator priority uncovered during 3.14 Ultimatum league.
GGG got caught giving content creators in game advantages, only when caught would they tell the player base they were doing this. This will continue, but more slyly.
Explosive Arrow now works like a spicy arrow Storm Call.
[/quote] I disagree because GGG is dictating the OP builds every league. There's less and less thinking involved nowadays.[/b] Just from these patch notes it's already clear what the meta is going to be and what most player will be playing. I disagree with being forced something as a good thing, if some one wants to play the same thing for the rest of his life, nothing is wrong with that, but exactly GGG wants to be the boss and remove player agency. GGG wasn't like this in the past.[/quote]

So much this. Any and all design philosophies of GGG went completely out the window in order to attract wider, more casual, basically just dumber playerbase. I mean, look at PoE reddit, half of those people couldn't find life wheels on the tree if they didn't copy it from poe.ninja. I didn't really understand all the doomsaying back when Ascendancy came out. Now I see clearly that it was the beginning of an end.[/quote]

I completely agree that Ascendancies was the beginning of the end. Where before players had to be creative and thoughtful, when ascendancies came out they started streamlining everything in a fashion similar to retail WoW. Wanna play trapper? Pretty much only choice is Saboteur. Wanna play a build with many elemental heralds? Ok Elementalist is what you pick etc etc. Streamlined cookie cutter brain dead. Remove player agency. What's the point of the big passive tree when you are boxed into a certain ascendancy? For PoE2 they wanna address the "big overwhelming skill tree" , yeah obviously because the direction they are going in is arcade like choose a class and play it with a few abilities like Overwatch. Also PoE2 in itself is a huge joke no one wanted a new campaign, and removing links and fusings why? They put all their resources into these things that no one wants, no one asked for and that do nothing for the game other than try to attract a 'wider' audience.
"
Ghostseer wrote:
"
why did they just ninja nerf explosive arrow.... smh
It’s actually a huge buff. Massively buffed.

This whole thread shows a lack of understanding by the players in game mechanics and meta facets of the game like crafting.

Yeah like "melee is dead" oh wait sh*t 1m infernal blow 500k warchief build for like 20c courtesy of a fellow clanmate

https://pastebin.com/iA41npRH
Last edited by Rockell on Dec 11, 2019, 3:27:07 PM
Can a moderator fix all the unnecessary profanity in this thread please? There should be consequences for bad behaviour.

All in all Im not sure on how to feel about the changes. I do like some (like the improved boss health progession) but others seem overdone.

"
You can now add Item Filters to your account through the Path of Exile website. When you then log into your game client, no matter where you are logging in from, you will then have access to all of the Item Filters tied to your account (even if you're playing on Console!).

I know that 99% of player base doesn't care about this but big props for adding it. This finally solves the problem for players using streaming services like GeforceNow where they're unable to download item filters.

Big THANK YOU.
faster start of energy shield nerf is huge :(.
Elder will be rare so no 40% from jewel and rings are nerfed too.
And on the other side, these types of changes will make the game un-fun in the future... I mean, it's ok to make the game harder, I agree with that. But as I said, I don't want to frustrate playing PoE, I want to be challenged by the game, I want to have fun. And I guess the vast majority of players don't want to frustrate playing a game, they want TO HAVE FUN. The game was a bit easier and was very fun to play, but why removing some mods like the Delve life mod or halving the values of the crafting bench? I mean, 28 life on an item is not a big deal, is meaningless of comparing with other mods you can find on Elder/Shaper bases.

In my opinion, these actions were not needed. I don't see people complaining of the mods of the crafting bench beside the "multi-mod" thing. Other than that, everything else was fine. Even more, you never achieve getting all the available mods on the bench during league, well, not me at least...

Let's see what we can do during the league.
"
Educmack wrote:
"

* The Supported by Maim modifier from Serrated Fossils can no longer roll on Body Armours.
* The added Maximum Life and increased Life modifier from Pristine Fossils can no longer roll.

Well... The only thing for what I was delving during leagues... Goodbye. I mean, I know this and other changes encourages old players to get back to what the heavy crafting was and make the game harder than previously was, but damn, man.

I already have like a REALLY hard time crafting some shit and these changes will make crafting even harder, making the game slower and even more frustrating. I don't want to beat the game in 2 days but I don't want POE to be a game that frustrates me enough to quit entirely the game, or sit on Standard forever either.

Oh, well... Nevermind. This shit will happen forever. GGG obviously doesn't care for casual players, that's pretty clear.
"
Tsaar wrote:

I completely agree that Ascendancies was the beginning of the end. Where before players had to be creative and thoughtful, when ascendancies came out they started streamlining everything in a fashion similar to retail WoW. Wanna play trapper? Pretty much only choice is Saboteur. Wanna play a build with many elemental heralds? Ok Elementalist is what you pick etc etc. Streamlined cookie cutter brain dead. Remove player agency. What's the point of the big passive tree when you are boxed into a certain ascendancy? For PoE2 they wanna address the "big overwhelming skill tree" , yeah obviously because the direction they are going in is arcade like choose a class and play it with a few abilities like Overwatch. Also PoE2 in itself is a huge joke no one wanted a new campaign, and removing links and fusings why? They put all their resources into these things that no one wants, no one asked for and that do nothing for the game other than try to attract a 'wider' audience.

POE2 announcement got an overwhelmingly positive reaction from the community stop deluding yourself. Did you really like to roll the dice a thousands time in a row for your fusing or you're just trying to find something to complain about ?
Last edited by Drogan666 on Dec 11, 2019, 3:49:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info