Content Update 3.9.0 -- Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

A lot of interesting changes.

New Atlas mechanics is exciting!

Overall major nerf of rare gear, as well as buff to boss damage and life means that game will be more dangerous than it ever was. Upcoming Awakener event will be savage AF :)

-----
Some minor notes.

"
as though dealing X% more damage
stat used in calculation of non-damaging ailments (found on some skills or items) sounds like new mechanics, but is actually an analog of "reduced Enemy Stun Threshold". Then why not use similar wording "reduced Enemy Ailment Threshold" for it?

"
Molten Strike
Now deals 120% of base damage at gem level 1, up to 139% at gem level 20 (from 130%).
This adds 7% more damage to the skill at level 20. Meanwhile, in 3.9 expansion damage of Molten Strike was indirectly reduced by 13% by reducing Point Blank more damage multiplier from 50% to 30% (for Molten Strike builds this keystone is mandatory). Overall damage of molten strike become lower than it was before 3.9 expansion. I assume this is not what you planned to do to this skill?
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
Last edited by DivineChampion on Dec 11, 2019, 12:33:28 AM
So socketed gems have CWC, Arcane Surge, and pcoc on 2-h staves are still in?
You could have canned most of the notes and just said "we're going back to traps/mines/totems/golems for another few years". So those boring op builds of the past will still be shitting on end game in 4 links, while everything somewhat popular at some point in the last few seasons will now require shit loads of investment for fractions of the speed, killing power, and survivability.

I usually flip the patch notes to a positive, and ignore the doomsayers, but there is no way to defend this shit.

Bow pass over with zero changes to ascendancies, the strongest bow skills(still shit compared traps/golems/etc) get hard nerfed, and the ballistas look underwhelming.

So the big bow pass over comes down to hoping that Burning Arrow/Explosive Arrow pan out strong, bow bases that gain attack speed at the cost of damage, and an updated Voltaxic Rift that is still shit(a full revert couldn't even save it in the current game)? All while slowing the tedious story down so that some casual can say "so difficult! now me pro gamer like Faker!".

Whatever, I want that portal effect. I guess I'll find the hottest trap build and faceroll through the "bow update season". Thanks for all of the well thought out "diversity".

ps- To the casual noob who is going to respond with "but dude you can make any build work if you're creative and intelligent enough"....please don't.
Forum probation for calling someone a 'troll', so I lifetime banned myself from spending money on PoE.
Last edited by nGio on Dec 11, 2019, 12:39:47 AM
dev care only range,nothing about melee.
RIP Duelist
Play SSF HC League only.
Already lose count how many time i be slain in SSF HC.
Never argue with Softcore/Poor people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
I hope explosive arrow will not be like the noob trap cobra lash
"
bgi123 wrote:
Melee is dead.

ele 1 hand is fine
"
Dracooltenks wrote:
sooo arc mines? or Prolif ignite burning arrow totems?

Xoph's Nurture just use it
rip spectres
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
"
Amarath wrote:
"
bgi123 wrote:
Melee is dead.

ele 1 hand is fine

Yea there is still plenty melee skills that can easy do multiple millions dps and crush endgame... those crybabies just dont want use their brain cells.
The 'of Crafting' crafted suffix which previously allowed you to craft any number of additional mods on the item now allows you to craft up to three mods on the item. This affects existing items (items with the mod will now be limited to 2 additional crafts), however any items with more than the allowed number of crafted mods will keep those mods.

Surely didn't take any notes to what we posted yesterday. I'm going to likely take a break from this game.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE̎̑͆̏

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info