Content Update 3.9.0 -- Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

"
nGio wrote:
You could have canned most of the notes and just said "we're going back to traps/mines/totems/golems for another few years". So those boring op builds of the past will still be shitting on end game in 4 links, while everything somewhat popular at some point in the last few seasons will now require shit loads of investment for fractions of the speed, killing power, and survivability.

I usually flip the patch notes to a positive, and ignore the doomsayers, but there is no way to defend this shit.

Bow pass over with zero changes to ascendancies, the strongest bow skills(still shit compared traps/golems/etc) get hard nerfed, and the ballistas look underwhelming.

So the big bow pass over comes down to hoping that Burning Arrow/Explosive Arrow pan out strong, bow bases that gain attack speed at the cost of damage, and an updated Voltaxic Rift that is still shit(a full revert couldn't even save it in the current game)? All while slowing the tedious story down so that some casual can say "so difficult! now me pro gamer like Faker!".

Whatever, I want that portal effect. I guess I'll find the hottest trap build and faceroll through the "bow update season". Thanks for all of the well thought out "diversity".

ps- To the casual noob who is going to respond with "but dude you can make any build work if you're creative and intelligent enough"....please don't.

loled.
I think this is gonna be a slowroll league for me. Nothing stands out as particularly fun or interesting to play and the "must have" items are going to be priced astronomically for the first few weeks.
Honestly feel like I was expecting more changes, especially since the last couple leagues have had rather sweeping work done to ascendancies in particular.

Some of the skill changes feel... useless? Toxic Rain doing 1.4 more dps at lvl 20 does what exactly? Why even bother coding that?

Raider rework not happening even though it was promised last season, then said it was "pushed to 3.9", then not happening in 3.9, was a big let down.

New Unique items, and changes to existing ones are really exciting. Looking forward to Ivory Tower in particular.

Hopefully we see changes to some projectile skills next league? Wands and molten strike in particular, since they had a lot of dps get slashed here despite not being crazy strong single target in the first place without proper gear.

Overall I'm satisfied with the changes. Nothing crazy, just feels like GGG is testing the waters with where they want the game to go in 4.0. Keep it up, don't let us down, and try to make cyclone not the most obviously op melee skill.
"
Bam_ wrote:
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀

ryphe?
things i like -new league
-new items
-tree adjustments
-changes to endgame
-ailment adjustments
-making it possible to achieve reflect immune outside of
ascendancies, dots, or mines via gearing
-nerfing multimod
-bringing down powercreep in dmg of outliers by 20-50%

dont like-
-nerfing veiled hybrid life crafts by 50%
(while ALSO removing pristine fossil life mod)
why not reduce is 20-40% and/or remove the %defence part?
-onslaught nerf earlygame-ok. but to 3 seconds, not even 4?
-numerically the shattering steel and lancing steel buffs
look..unimpressive
-no tweak to lacerates aspd penalty? ouch

really concerned-volleyfire jewel takes barrage from 5->17projectiles? what?
molten strike was nerfed from 3->2 and jewel makes it 2-4
-that highass base dmg 522-783 on explosive arrow. yall tested, right?
- Read patch note
- Found more nerf than buff.
- Monster buffed even more, player nerfed to oblivion.
- HC players going to get rekt even more.
- Players who play casual feels the difficulty more than endgame player.
"
orpi wrote:
"
Nubman wrote:
"
orpi wrote:
Monsters throughout the game now have more armour, from 33% at level 1 up to 2762% at level 84. Sounds a lot scarier than it is, because their base armour is stirringly unimpressive.

I really dislike that, not everyone play meta builds, people who wanna get fun at cost of farming speed because we play some meme build, now we are even more fucked, this force play meta, and that mean that this is turning into a D3 shit.

Yep, definitely the only thing that could mean.

Out of curiosity, have you seen how armour scales on your own characters, and how little difference armour makes for hits on you before you get like 50-60k+?

Impale builds are easily hitting well into the millions, even vs shaper.

I doubt people doing those builds will notice much of a difference here.

2762% isnt a little, and also have increases on elemental resistances, i wanted to play puncture ballista, its pretty mediocre, now its even more, and also puncture remains unbuffed.

yea so many people so happy about ggg didn't nerf their skill gem but thats also global nerf!!!!!!!!
The pristine fossil nerf was just unnecessary sigh
I get abused by GGG staff every time I post because I started the Fix Your Game meme. Pathetic and unprofessional.
Did this line get deleted?

"Explosions now deal 50% of base damage (previously weapon damage was not taken into account)."
IGN: EchelonTL, neophyte
Guild: Team Liquid
good
Last edited by cosm0108ia on Jun 18, 2020, 6:53:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info