Content Update 3.9.0 -- Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

"
nGio wrote:
You could have canned most of the notes and just said "we're going back to traps/mines/totems/golems for another few years". So those boring op builds of the past will still be shitting on end game in 4 links, while everything somewhat popular at some point in the last few seasons will now require shit loads of investment for fractions of the speed, killing power, and survivability.

I usually flip the patch notes to a positive, and ignore the doomsayers, but there is no way to defend this shit.

Bow pass over with zero changes to ascendancies, the strongest bow skills(still shit compared traps/golems/etc) get hard nerfed, and the ballistas look underwhelming.

So the big bow pass over comes down to hoping that Burning Arrow/Explosive Arrow pan out strong, bow bases that gain attack speed at the cost of damage, and an updated Voltaxic Rift that is still shit(a full revert couldn't even save it in the current game)? All while slowing the tedious story down so that some casual can say "so difficult! now me pro gamer like Faker!".

Whatever, I want that portal effect. I guess I'll find the hottest trap build and faceroll through the "bow update season". Thanks for all of the well thought out "diversity".

ps- To the casual noob who is going to respond with "but dude you can make any build work if you're creative and intelligent enough"....please don't.

youre the only casual noob here i guess, have fun frontloading everything away with your shitty trap build and stay silent while doing so okay?

Overall looks like promised and intended, im very hyped, good work for now GGG
Can we please have an option to toggle buffs (at the top of the screen) hidden? Similar to show/hide flask buffs. Also an option to hide party portraits.

Logic - Reasoning, - In a full or even have full group, with all the buffs and party portraits it makes it difficult to focus on combat and loot accumulation because of the extra space being taken up by the portraits and buffs. I believe this QOL change would improve full party play.
☼ Unlock Sandwraith Map mod Tracker Thread #3461595
☼ Remove Deli Music Option #3450767
☼ Improve Beastiery Window beast/trading Management #3380585
☼ Add option to upgrade regular tabs to quads from store #3452458
☼ Buying Veiled Scarabs On Standard 2c Per 24/7 #3508339
I just wanna say , will be necessary that nerf on raised zombies? i mean 25 % reduced base dmg , my gosh . . . isnt that a lot ? u guys test something ? ok keep the reduced dmg but what about zombie lifes? before 3.8 they died easy if wasnt necromancer, now they can be abble to more diversity cuz the maximum life mod on gem . . . and after this nice work u guys decide to nerf that life mod ? . . . . . . .

i just can t understand why? , aggred with many ppl here , why force game to meta builds , why not force game to diversity , ppl play PoE cuz at the first time when u dont know a shit about the game , u feel like u can play FREE STYLE, and this is bullshit when u going more deep.

Path of exile it s the best RPG i know today , but long time ago it was D2 , just look now the shit what D3 is and the next games from them are. . .

Please try to add diversity , dont make metas nerfing builds to get popularity others.
A lot of player/craft nerf and monsters buff, i love it.

Maybe they will slowly make it to reduce gradually the powercreep so we may have more sense of progression when map levelling and feel more rewarded by any single "normal" drop rather than to greedy to zoom zoom and piles of loot^^.
Maybe.
This is the most exciting patch notes i have ever seen! GGG pulls it off again in the race to see if they can kill their game faster than d3!!
IGN: Microwave
Curses! Foiled again!
Still plenty of OP builds based on spells that didnt get touched. Life will go on.

This doesnt, however, sound particularly interesting. Compared to cyclone becoming channeled, or the changes to WO/Ice spear in the casting league... this is.. very underwhelming.
As a summoner since 2013 beta, who then missed last league: I feel cheated of my zombies :(
No slots for oils?.....

By and large happy with the patch note changes. Some of the nerfs seems a bit heavy handed but the new influenced items may more than make up for that. Optimistic at the moment at least!

One thing I wasn't clear on is relation to the Hyrri's Ire nerf:

"
Hyrri's Ire now has 100-145 minimum added cold damage to bow attacks (from 173-188) and 160-200 maximum added cold damage to bow attacks (from 240-262)

Will this affect existing versions or just new ones? They don't mention that using a Divine orb will update existing mods to new values but neither do they clarify that existing versions will be unaffected.

Do you guys think existing Hyrri's Ire Body Armours will go legacy?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info