[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Hi! Currently at lvl 92 and this build is crushing it! Could you please link a final PoB for lvl 100?
"
Daywaker19 wrote:
Hi! Currently at lvl 92 and this build is crushing it! Could you please link a final PoB for lvl 100?

Wallach's character is currently level 100 in this league. Check him or NoImagination. You can import either of their characters into PoB.
Hey, made this alt character for fun to try something different and having a blast. Can anyone check my tree / gear to see what i should aim to upgrade next? Think i have pretty solid foundation at lvl 80. Thanks in advance.

also an edit to ask. Is there something to change for mapping? or just spam freeze pulse and run.
Last edited by Cavollir on May 19, 2021, 4:19:19 PM
"
Cavollir wrote:
Hey, made this alt character for fun to try something different and having a blast. Can anyone check my tree / gear to see what i should aim to upgrade next? Think i have pretty solid foundation at lvl 80. Thanks in advance.

also an edit to ask. Is there something to change for mapping? or just spam freeze pulse and run.

Spoiler
For your tree, I would remove the 3 points to Arcane Capacitor and the 3 from Nimbleness and take the 5 to Throat Seeker and maybe a life node.

The very first thing I would do for gear is get a 21/20 Freezing Pulse. That should bump your damage a lot. The second thing I would do is drop the shield for another wand. The +1 totems is cool but because you can only summon 2 at a time, it makes for 4 casts total to get your max totems and you're missing a very large amount of extra damage mods. Your clearspeed and overall QoL would be better with a 2nd weapon, even without the extra totem. Personally, I would also drop Vaal Righteous Fire. I don't think the extra damage is worth the instant hit to life/mana. Probably pick up something defensive instead. Phase run or Vaal Haste/Vaal Grace. After that, getting a pair of Breathstealers (anoint Doom Cast), the projectile speed Veil enchant, a good boot enchant (mana regen if you've cast, elemental penetration or crit if you've crit recently). Also a 1mod hatred Watcher's Eye would be a nice dps bonus.

As you gain more levels and have more passives to work with, going into a Large Cluster with Blanketed Snow/Disorienting Display/Another mod and then a 2nd Medium Cluster w/ Master of Death/Whisper of Death/Master of Fear.

Edit: To your edit, yeah basically drop a couple totems, clear out the mobs, run. For ultimatums it helps to have phasing from Phase Run (cancels when casting a spell) or Divergent Dash. Then you put down your totems, cast your curses. Same for bosses.
Last edited by etherel90 on May 19, 2021, 4:31:33 PM
Spoiler
"
etherel90 wrote:
"
Cavollir wrote:

Spoiler
For your tree, I would remove the 3 points to Arcane Capacitor and the 3 from Nimbleness and take the 5 to Throat Seeker and maybe a life node.

The very first thing I would do for gear is get a 21/20 Freezing Pulse. That should bump your damage a lot. The second thing I would do is drop the shield for another wand. The +1 totems is cool but because you can only summon 2 at a time, it makes for 4 casts total to get your max totems and you're missing a very large amount of extra damage mods. Your clearspeed and overall QoL would be better with a 2nd weapon, even without the extra totem. Personally, I would also drop Vaal Righteous Fire. I don't think the extra damage is worth the instant hit to life/mana. Probably pick up something defensive instead. Phase run or Vaal Haste/Vaal Grace. After that, getting a pair of Breathstealers (anoint Doom Cast), the projectile speed Veil enchant, a good boot enchant (mana regen if you've cast, elemental penetration or crit if you've crit recently). Also a 1mod hatred Watcher's Eye would be a nice dps bonus.

As you gain more levels and have more passives to work with, going into a Large Cluster with Blanketed Snow/Disorienting Display/Another mod and then a 2nd Medium Cluster w/ Master of Death/Whisper of Death/Master of Fear.

Edit: To your edit, yeah basically drop a couple totems, clear out the mobs, run. For ultimatums it helps to have phasing from Phase Run (cancels when casting a spell) or Divergent Dash. Then you put down your totems, cast your curses. Same for bosses.
I made some of these changes thank you. If you check again should be updated? If i swap to 2 wands i dont think i would be able to reach resistance cap though which would hurt.
I'm so confused. Unfortunately I cannot for the life of me get the item tester script to work. I did look at wallachs wands though and tried to emulate them as best i could, without paying 50ex+.

I did find an update of 10k to increase my hideout dps to 151k with hatred, but that still feels so low compared to many of you.

My POB dps is also 1m per totem, much lower than wallachs 4m.

https://pastebin.com/JhsqR3WG

I understand i still need awakened controlled destruction, and my gear isn't perfect, but cannot fathom why dps is so low :[
Last edited by IcedInferno007 on May 19, 2021, 5:19:16 PM
"
Cavollir wrote:
I made some of these changes thank you. If you check again should be updated? If i swap to 2 wands i dont think i would be able to reach resistance cap though which would hurt.

Spoiler
Looks like you need to get a better res stat on your magic ring and maybe a double res on your gloves. Did you take Alira for bandits? If I am doing the math right, without your shield, you should have 54 Fire, 102 Light, 67 Cold. You should be able to change around your Boots/Gloves/Ring in order to balance those out and then be able to equip a 2nd weapon.

"

I understand i still need awakened controlled destruction, and my gear isn't perfect, but cannot fathom why dps is so low :[

Spoiler
See, the thing is Wallach has the top end stuff. He probably did spend 50ex on some of his pieces and that all adds up. The things he has that you do not:
1)Corrupted Soul Mantle
2)Lvl 6 awakened gems.
3)2nd Curse anoint on amulet
4)Synthesized magic ring
5)Boots with enchant and 40% to non-damaging ailments
6)Bottled Faith Flask
7)Different medium Cluster Jewel
8)Double hatred mod watcher's eye

All that stuff adds up once you have the basic gear down. If you take away those changes on his PoB the DPS drops down from 4m to 1.9m. Then if you account for differences in weapons, that's probably what the rest is.

P.S. If I add the "Unaffected by Curses" tag to your PoB and also make sure to select the enemy as shocked from Cold Conduction, I am seeing your dps @ 1.7m per totem.

This isn't meant to discourage you, just know you need to keep going for upgrades.
Last edited by etherel90 on May 19, 2021, 6:15:29 PM
Spoiler
"
etherel90 wrote:
"
Cavollir wrote:

Spoiler
Looks like you need to get a better res stat on your magic ring and maybe a double res on your gloves. Did you take Alira for bandits? If I am doing the math right, without your shield, you should have 54 Fire, 102 Light, 67 Cold. You should be able to change around your Boots/Gloves/Ring in order to balance those out and then be able to equip a 2nd weapon.

"

Spoiler
See, the thing is Wallach has the top end stuff. He probably did spend 50ex on some of his pieces and that all adds up. The things he has that you do not:
1)Corrupted Soul Mantle
2)Lvl 6 awakened gems.
4)Synthesized magic ring
6)Bottled Faith Flask

All that stuff adds up once you have the basic gear down. If you take away those changes on his PoB the DPS drops down from 4m to 2.1m. Then if you account for differences in weapons, that's probably what the rest is.

This isn't meant to discourage you, just know you need to keep going for upgrades.
thanks i picked up a good wand and used alterations to spam ring for no suffix so i could get fire res on it from bench. picked up bottled faith and some other things. Hopefully list of things to improve/ is getting smaller.
"
Cavollir wrote:
Spoiler
"
etherel90 wrote:
"
Cavollir wrote:

Spoiler

"

Spoiler
1)Corrupted Soul Mantle
2)Lvl 6 awakened gems.
4)Synthesized magic ring
6)Bottled Faith Flask

All that stuff adds up once you have the basic gear down. If you take away those changes on his PoB the DPS drops down from 4m to 2.1m. Then if you account for differences in weapons, that's probably what the rest is.

thanks i picked up a good wand and used alterations to spam ring for no suffix so i could get fire res on it from bench. picked up bottled faith and some other things. Hopefully list of things to improve/ is getting smaller.

Thanks for replying. I think to buy all of those missing pieces, you'd easily be looking at 150Ex, probably more. For that kind of spend you could get a 60m dps spectre build. I think i remember wallach saying he didn't recommend trying to minmax this build, the cost is too high. I can clear all content with the dps i have, barring 100% deli maps, so will probably just save for another build.

The bit that confuses me though is my ho dps, most ppl have higher than mine, but when i look at my gear, mine seems to be better than some of them :s
Last edited by IcedInferno007 on May 19, 2021, 6:20:33 PM
Awesome build, used Wallachs version until like 93ish and then tried to mimic and transition into what NoImagination and Etheral90 use.

I Was able to beat A8 Sirus with this build, for the first time in my PoE career. I feel a little squishy with slow MP regen while mapping once I switched over to the double cluster jewels. But maybe its my gear or playstyle. Ultimatums still kick my ass. Looking to save for a bottled faith, hoping that'll help me.

Just for the hell of it, more eyes are better than one. If anyone wants to look over my character, maybe something can be improved that is obvious and I just don't see.
Last edited by bonut88 on May 19, 2021, 6:47:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info