[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Miggaletoe wrote:

No idea what could be showing such a big difference?

Ok, looked at your config settings. Here's what I fixed:
Spoiler

https://imgur.com/a/fspR1QX

Under: When in Combat
1) We have 4 min endurance charges and 4 min power charges. We get frenzy charges from Cold Snap.
2) Have onslaught from Cinderswallow. (Remember to uncheck this when equipping Bottled Faith -- unless you get sleepless sentries on a cluster.
3) We have flasks avtive.
4) We've summoned totems recently. 6 max totems.
5) We are on consecrated ground. (Bottled Faith)
6) We have shattered recently. (We freeze enemies. They shatter when they die while frozen.)

Under: For Effective DPS
1) Our crit chance is lucky, from Diamond Flask.
2) Enemy is blinded (From Pandemonius)
3) Enemy is Chilled (From cold damage)
4) Enemy is Chilled by our hits (from Pandemonius)
5) Enemy is Frozen (from cold damage)
6) Enemy is Shocked @ 15% (from Cold Conduction on cluster jewel)
7) Enemy is on Consecrated Ground (From Bottled Faith)
8) Shaper/Guardian to get effective shaper DPS.

Ok, now while comparing I will uncheck the consecrated ground and check Onslaught for Cinderswallow DPS:
https://imgur.com/OAHorPI

Now uncheck Onslaught and check consecrated ground:
https://imgur.com/UI5erQn

Bottled Faith is about a 12% increase over Cinderswallow to your Total DPS.

Last edited by etherel90 on May 18, 2021, 12:31:47 PM
"
etherel90 wrote:
"
Miggaletoe wrote:

No idea what could be showing such a big difference?

Ok, looked at your config settings. Here's what I fixed:
Spoiler

https://imgur.com/a/fspR1QX

Under: When in Combat
1) We have 4 min endurance charges and 4 min power charges. We get frenzy charges from Cold Snap.
2) Have onslaught from Cinderswallow. (Remember to uncheck this when equipping Bottled Faith -- unless you get sleepless sentries on a cluster.
3) We have flasks avtive.
4) We've summoned totems recently. 6 max totems.
5) We are on consecrated ground. (Bottled Faith)
6) We have shattered recently. (We freeze enemies. They shatter when they die while frozen.)

Under: For Effective DPS
1) Our crit chance is lucky, from Diamond Flask.
2) Enemy is blinded (From Pandemonius)
3) Enemy is Chilled (From cold damage)
4) Enemy is Chilled by our hits (from Pandemonius)
5) Enemy is Frozen (from cold damage)
6) Enemy is Shocked @ 15% (from Cold Conduction on cluster jewel)
7) Enemy is on Consecrated Ground (From Bottled Faith)
8) Shaper/Guardian to get effective shaper DPS.

Ok, now while comparing I will uncheck the consecrated ground and check Onslaught for Cinderswallow DPS:
https://imgur.com/OAHorPI

Now uncheck Onslaught and check consecrated ground:
https://imgur.com/UI5erQn

Bottled Faith is about a 12% increase over Cinderswallow to your Total DPS.

Welp guess its time to save up and buy the bottle I guess. Thanks!
It will be worth it. Also a couple things I would change to give you more DPS:
1) Switch out your corrupted blood crimson jewel for Clear Mind. It's more dps, more defense from mana regen and you have a staunching flask anyway to deal with corrupted blood.
2) Remove the 3 points from Arcane Capacitor and the 2 points from Coldhearted Calculation. Take the 5 points up to Throatseeker.

Those 2 things should give you a 23% total DPS increase.
"
Frimelda wrote:
I am looking for some advice for gear upgrades I should be looking into I might have missed? I know I need to get the helm enchanted, I plan on working on that today or tomorrow.

Level 21 freezing pulse

Increased crit chance if you havent crit recently boot enchant

Upgrade to Awakened Added Cold and Awakened Cold Pen (they're cheap now).

Consider switching to double curse hextouch link.

Awakened controlled destruction. (expensive, but really good)

You could also consider an awakened hextouch support for your double curse link (very expensive) which would allow you to keep flash freeze on your amulet OR switch to doom cast annoint.

Edit: Move speed on boots. This is purely QoL but yeah lol I just noticed you don't have any.
Last edited by Recla on May 18, 2021, 11:23:54 PM
Hello all!

It's my first ligue in poe. I asked friend how to start and got link to this thread. I'm straight following the guide, read this thread and here what I end up. Not so exciting but I can kill a9 sirius/maven/uber elder and etc (didnt try fearead), don't die in ultimatums t16 maps.

What else I should improve? DPS in pob not so big and I can't exactly figure out what I need to do for that.
now I trying to get my +2 soul mantle (seems like next biggest impact to dps), awakened cold penetriation and I dunno what else for stright up my dps. Without small pices like change 8% first snow to 10%, 19% to 20% self fragmentarion.

I got awk hextouch, trying switch to double+hydrosphere - try to compare this setup in pob and got lower dps that I have now. Is it worth switch to hydrosphere? Can someone please explain switch to hydrosphere from current state of my build?

My profile is public and here is my pob: https://pastebin.com/uXTX7gMZ

Guide is very clear, much appreciated. Even I'm a total newbie was able to gather on it to close the high-end content. But it seems to me that I'm missing something, but I cannot understand what (according to build). Or is it just suspiciousness and everything is good.

Thank you.
"
Miggaletoe wrote:
"
LiquidLegend wrote:
So I know this isn't exactly freezing pulse, but I switched it up to Ice Spear totems just because I like the chaining (comes in handy for multiple bosses too).
Where would you guys improve my build? It says (if I did the POB correctly) that I have 12M Sirus damage, which isn't bad but I don't BLOW UP bosses normally, just steady damage. I don't have that much currency, but could do the 2ex for a single mod watcher's eye that does cold pen, which would increase my damage by 7% or so.
I already have a good wand (would have to spend a lot to get a better one).
Have decent enough helm, boots, and gloves, though of course survivability could always be better.

So what would you guys change?

https://pastebin.com/cEkzyMuu

My first thought is if hypothermia is still good here?

Okay, this might be a dumb question, but why wouldn't it be?
Guys should i use culling strike against bosses to place it in instead of controle destruction support?
I am playing this on HC, are there any major changes if you use a shield other than just equipping a shield?
"
LiquidLegend wrote:
"
Miggaletoe wrote:
"
LiquidLegend wrote:
So I know this isn't exactly freezing pulse, but I switched it up to Ice Spear totems just because I like the chaining (comes in handy for multiple bosses too).
Where would you guys improve my build? It says (if I did the POB correctly) that I have 12M Sirus damage, which isn't bad but I don't BLOW UP bosses normally, just steady damage. I don't have that much currency, but could do the 2ex for a single mod watcher's eye that does cold pen, which would increase my damage by 7% or so.
I already have a good wand (would have to spend a lot to get a better one).
Have decent enough helm, boots, and gloves, though of course survivability could always be better.

So what would you guys change?

https://pastebin.com/cEkzyMuu

My first thought is if hypothermia is still good here?

Okay, this might be a dumb question, but why wouldn't it be?

I think ice spear freezes/chils less but crits more? So it would benefit more from crit I imagine rather the support hypothermia brings. Play around in POB and see what numbers you get when swapping out Hypothermia.
Last edited by Miggaletoe on May 19, 2021, 10:13:35 AM
"
XalikSadja wrote:
But it seems to me that I'm missing something, but I cannot understand what (according to build). Or is it just suspiciousness and everything is good.

Thank you.

Spoiler
Your gear looks good. You could use an awakened cold penetration gem. You could also switch your gloves out for a pair of Breathstealers. Pretty nice QoL for ultimatums. Also can place an anointment on them, like Doom Cast.

For your tree, you should check out NoImagination's character for some alternate pathing to save some points in order to 1) get a 2nd medium cluster jewel (with Ancestral Echo/Sleepless Sentries. This will allow you to get Onslaught back. Then eventually into a 2nd cluster setup.

The idea with Hydrosphere is that instead of having to manually cast Frostbite, frostbomb and Sniper's mark on bosses, you just go with 2 curses. Elemental Weakness and Frostbite, linked with Awakened Hextouch (for double curse @ lvl 5, then you can anoint amulet with a dmg anoint like Heartseeker) and proccing with Hydrosphere. Now you plop down 1 spell and get both curses. Nice QoL improvement. You lose out on the 15% cold exposure vs the 10% from Hydrosphere. And you're swapping sniper's mark for Elemental Weakness.

"
Giosh4 wrote:
Guys should i use culling strike against bosses to place it in instead of controle destruction support?

Spoiler
You should try to get a medium cluster jewel with Wish for Death and Master of Fear. Wish for Death gives you culling strike against cursed enemies.

"
poeGT wrote:
I am playing this on HC, are there any major changes if you use a shield other than just equipping a shield?

Spoiler
No, I mean if you need to go with a shield for extra defense you might want to consider going with the Atziri's Reflection setup and using a helmet with better damage/resist mods or like a Nearby Enemies have -#% to Cold Resistance.
Last edited by etherel90 on May 19, 2021, 10:32:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info