[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Hi everyone!

Quite a noob here - 2nd league only (1st was ED Cont - might have been spoilt by the survivability on that build)

loving the DPS on this build, I had some issues with survivability on this, so when a atziri's reflection dropped, I swapped my gear around to play around with that. got a nice helm that I crafted, and put a 2nd essence worm with zealotry to make up for the DPS loss of the offhand (wand into shield).

on my mind:
watchers eye with hatred crit+zealot cast (12% DPS for 14-20ex) for the cobalt jewel in the large jewel,
corrupted soul mantle with +2 projectile gems - around 15% DPS for 20ex
bottled faith
better boots (but i love that 30chaos resist)
swap out flash freeze for whisphers of doom (i think 7% dps? - but this only helps w single target right?)

my brutal restraint decently rolled for the additional stuff on the nodes
4% life
25% crit chance x2
10% damamge on non-damaging ailemnets

let me know your thoughts! Would be great to understand if there are more economical ways to improve either EHP or DPS on this build.

(with enemies chilled by you, 6 curses, and all flasks active - im hitting around 1mil DPS) (not sure what HO DPS is)

https://pastebin.com/RWCwBP7E

Last edited by kokonadun on May 18, 2021, 2:25:14 AM
"
etherel90 wrote:
For those using divergent dash, if you pop in a 20% Anomalous Second Wind Support you'll get a 3rd cooldown use, which I find is better than 20% extra cooldown reduction. Between that and Onslaught on totem cast from Sleepless Sentries on a cluster jewel, you almost don't even need a quicksilver flask anymore.

I'm not too clear how the maths works for this - if you did a footrace between normal second wind & anomalous, which wins the 1500m run? Does it depend on e.g. enhance or quality boosts from gear?

I've already been considering dropping my quicksilver flask, I find I'm using it increasingly little and perhaps a second hybrid flask (with cast speed? remove shocking?) gives better utility. Though at that point, perhaps life flask and mana flask is just better.

"
Got a crit WE, was about 7ex, unfortunately i cant get the pob item comparison tool to work, i downloaded ahk and the script from github, gave me errors :[

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ejwtoi/video_guide_weighted_sum_item_search_with/ has some stuff about how to set it up, I imagine there are other guides too.

"
kINNS wrote:
Thank you very much o7 will have a try on that, i did a look on your build way different any chance of POB? so i can compare please, i understand if not haha

I've had this a couple of times, but my character is public. You can just import from the POB import page, account name NoImagination.

"
Frimelda wrote:
I am looking for some advice for gear upgrades I should be looking into I might have missed? I know I need to get the helm enchanted, I plan on working on that today or tomorrow.

Don't enchant it yourself, just buy one someone else has enchanted. It's not worth spending a week in lab.

As for the rest, get a 21/20 freezing pulse (or corrupt yours when you hit 20/20, and buy if you miss). Then the first two awakened DPS gems are quite cheap right now, leaving controlled destruction til last.

"
rurt wrote:
Additional questions:

- can we benefit from Inspired Learning? Yes, it says 'you', but sometimes this wording is more ambiguous I think

- what's the earliest lvl when transition towards a double cluster setup is viable without too much of a stretch? I'm stuck at lvl 96 for now because I'm a greedy and impulsive person, seems like 2 cluster setups would stretch me a bit too thin... But I may be wrong

Seems to me that "when you kill" shouldn't work. Someone earlier in the thread said it did though... You may just have to test it out.

You can switch to 2nd cluster jewel by putting a medium in the 2nd slot, updating to a large as you get more passive points. You'd have to use POB to see when it's necessarily the most efficient thing to do, but I did it pretty early for the utility reasons of having four mediums and all the benefits they bring (including projectile speed & so getting damage enchant on hat).

Last edited by NoImagination on May 18, 2021, 4:26:38 AM
"
LiquidLegend wrote:
So I know this isn't exactly freezing pulse, but I switched it up to Ice Spear totems just because I like the chaining (comes in handy for multiple bosses too).
Where would you guys improve my build? It says (if I did the POB correctly) that I have 12M Sirus damage, which isn't bad but I don't BLOW UP bosses normally, just steady damage. I don't have that much currency, but could do the 2ex for a single mod watcher's eye that does cold pen, which would increase my damage by 7% or so.
I already have a good wand (would have to spend a lot to get a better one).
Have decent enough helm, boots, and gloves, though of course survivability could always be better.

So what would you guys change?

https://pastebin.com/cEkzyMuu

My first thought is if hypothermia is still good here?
Trying to figure out if bottle of faith is worth it and maybe I am doing something in POB but my cinderswallow is showing a significant higher damage increase compared to a bottle of faith. Anyone have an idea on if this is incorrect?

https://imgur.com/P4LVqxm

https://imgur.com/HkIrt1O
"
NoImagination wrote:
I'm not too clear how the maths works for this - if you did a footrace between normal second wind & anomalous, which wins the 1500m run? Does it depend on e.g. enhance or quality boosts from gear?

Spoiler
I'm not sure on the math really, and if it's actually faster. But I find I don't have dash on cooldown 100% of the time, especially when I am stopping to pick up items, or drop totems, etc, so having it charge up to 3 charges feels like it lets me move more quickly when I need to.

As for flasks, I was thinking a similar thing. Taking a 2nd unique, we lose out on another status removal suffix. I actually need to get heat back because right now I just have shock and bleeding. I've also seen some people running Dying Sun. Do you think the +2 projectiles per totem might be better than cast speed?

Edit: Dying Sun = bad. Fire resist negates effect of Wise Oak. Not sure how doing something like dropping wise oak for cinderswallow + dying sun would be.

"
Miggaletoe wrote:
Trying to figure out if bottle of faith is worth it and maybe I am doing something in POB but my cinderswallow is showing a significant higher damage increase compared to a bottle of faith. Anyone have an idea on if this is incorrect?

Spoiler
Did you make sure to check the box in config that says "Are enemies standing on Consecrated Ground?" and additionally, to make sure you are getting the health regen correct in your PoB you need to check that you are also standing on Consecrated Ground.
Anecdotally, I think it is totally worth it. I just picked it up this weekend and went from dying on T16 ultimatums like 25% of the time to 0% of the time.
Last edited by etherel90 on May 18, 2021, 8:30:13 PM
Btw, about chain... I like arc build, and play few times selfcast arc elementalist, arc miner saboteur and other. But this build looks totally fine for switching from pulse to my favourite spell? Dont think about it on current league (buy some expensive gear for pulse), but its doable in general ? Just few advice for next league can be handy. Thanks.
"
etherel90 wrote:
"
NoImagination wrote:

Spoiler
I'm not sure on the math really, and if it's actually faster. But I find I don't have dash on cooldown 100% of the time, especially when I am stopping to pick up items, or drop totems, etc, so having it charge up to 3 charges feels like it lets me move more quickly when I need to.

As for flasks, I was thinking a similar thing. Taking a 2nd unique, we lose out on another status removal suffix. I actually need to get heat back because right now I just have shock and bleeding. I've also seen some people running Dying Sun. Do you think the +2 projectiles per totem might be better than cast speed?

"
Miggaletoe wrote:

Spoiler
Did you make sure to check the box in config that says "Are enemies standing on Consecrated Ground?" and additionally, to make sure you are getting the health regen correct in your PoB you need to check that you are also standing on Consecrated Ground.
Anecdotally, I think it is totally worth it. I just picked it up this weekend and went from dying on T16 ultimatums like 25% of the time to 0% of the time.

That gets the damage closer but cinderswallow is still a bit more. Maybe because I have the crit cinderswallow? I think maybe bottle of faith would replace my wise oak?
"
Miggaletoe wrote:
That gets the damage closer but cinderswallow is still a bit more. Maybe because I have the crit cinderswallow? I think maybe bottle of faith would replace my wise oak?

I'm not sure. I also simmed crit cinderswallow in my build and it was about a 2% total dps increase whereas Bottled Faith was like 12%. I also don't believe that cinderswallow should be better than Wise Oak. I don't think 80% crit chance should be better than 15% cold penetration.
https://pastebin.com/Uc0td5iq

No idea what could be showing such a big difference?
"
Miggaletoe wrote:
https://pastebin.com/Uc0td5iq

No idea what could be showing such a big difference?

In your POB you didn't check "Is the enemy on consecrated ground". That should fix the difference.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info