[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Autobawts wrote:
"
Recla wrote:
"
Autobawts wrote:
I have the viel and rare ring and everything but the curses still seem to mess with my resistances when i open up my defenses? dropping some into the negative even tho im maxed on res? what could i be missing>

You're using a rare ring in your right slot. It needs to be magic to be hexproof.
wait magic as in blue>

"
Autobawts wrote:
"
Recla wrote:

Like this

what i have mostly every item then but using a magic ring would dumb my res and stuff.; where else can i squeeze res from?

Boots, gloves and craft slot on the magic ring.
so you want two first snow jewels?
Can anyone take a look at my character my bossing damage seems a bit low. I have about 25ex to spend on an upgrade and im not sure what to get. Fun build.
(posting here a 2nd time cause i didnt get a reply - hoping for some help still)

Hi everyone!

Quite a noob here - 2nd league only (1st was ED Cont - might have been spoilt by the survivability on that build)

loving the DPS on this build, I had some issues with survivability on this, so when a atziri's reflection dropped, I swapped my gear around to play around with that. got a nice helm that I crafted, and put a 2nd essence worm with zealotry to make up for the DPS loss of the offhand (wand into shield).

on my mind:
watchers eye with hatred crit+zealot cast (12% DPS for 14-20ex) for the cobalt jewel in the large jewel
- have bought a watchers eye w hatred + cold % damamge and zealot increase cast speed
corrupted soul mantle with +2 projectile gems - around 15% DPS for 20ex
bottled faith
better boots (but i love that 30chaos resist)
swap out flash freeze for whisphers of doom (i think 7% dps? - but this only helps w single target right?)

my brutal restraint decently rolled for the additional stuff on the nodes
4% life
25% crit chance x2
10% damamge on non-damaging ailemnets

let me know your thoughts! Would be great to understand if there are more economical ways to improve either EHP or DPS on this build.

(with enemies chilled by you, 6 curses, and all flasks active - im hitting around 1mil DPS) (not sure what HO DPS is and how to make settings for it)

(newer pastebin)
https://pastebin.com/AK0P57Uc
Back again after putting in a day or so work to fixing some of the things raised before. Anyone able to take another look and my gear/build and see my next aims or goals? have about 20-25ex spare.
"
Autobawts wrote:
so you want two first snow jewels?

Spoiler
Yes. Each First snow Jewel adds 2 projectiles. You are limited to 2, so you want the max.

"
kimjungbill wrote:
Can anyone take a look at my character my bossing damage seems a bit low. I have about 25ex to spend on an upgrade and im not sure what to get. Fun build.

Spoiler
Finish off your awakened gems. Get the Veil w/ increased FP projectile speed. Single (or double) hatred mod watcher's eye. If you can move your resists around, grabbing a pair of Breathstealer gloves and anointing them with Doom Cast. Speccing into a 2nd cluster jewel setup (Check NoImagination for tree). Corrupted Soul Mantle with + to gems. Double crit multi cobalt jewels w/ life. One of those would probably provide more damage than Clear Mind.

"
kokonadun wrote:
let me know your thoughts! Would be great to understand if there are more economical ways to improve either EHP or DPS on this build.

Spoiler
Yes, you seem to be on the right track. One thing that helped me a lot with survivability in Ultimatums was getting a pair of Breathstealer gloves. They can be anointed as well to make up for the damage lost from the % to chilled enemies. Another way to go on the amulet anointment is to swap your curse setup into an Awakened Hextouch setup. That way you get the double curses without needing the anoint on the amulet and you can go with a damage anoint instead. So your new curse setup would be Awakened Hextouch + Hydrosphere + Frostbite + Elemental Weakness and you would drop Frost Bomb and Sniper's Mark. Then you could anoint your amulet with Doom Cast. Next big upgrade after that is Bottled Faith flask. It's a huge dps and survivability increase. To find out your hideout DPS you just hover over your Freezing Pulse skill in your hideout with no buffs active except Hatred and see what the number is on the tooltip.

"
Cavollir wrote:

Back again after putting in a day or so work to fixing some of the things raised before. Anyone able to take another look and my gear/build and see my next aims or goals? have about 20-25ex spare.

Spoiler
I think your weapons need upgrading first. Getting 20% qual on your mutliple totems will give you faster placement which is nice QoL for cheap. Consider going for Breathstealer gloves anointed with Doom Cast and trying to make up for the resists on your boots/ring. Looks like you need your medium cluster jewels. I'd go for one with Master of Fear/ Whisper of Death and another one with Cold Conduction and Astonishing Affliction. Pick up Clear Mind, should be a fairly big damage increase since it seems like you don't have one currently. Also a 1 mod hatred watcher's eye would be a big increase. With the amount of currency you have to spend you could either grab a corrupted soul mantle or go into a 2nd cluster setup with another large jewel with similar mods to the one you currently have and then another 2 medium. 1 with Ancestral Echo and Sleepless Sentries and another with Streamlined and Repeater.
Last edited by etherel90 on May 20, 2021, 11:05:21 AM
If anyone feels like taking a look at my build, I just moved into the basic Veil/Coward's stage and the DPS is good but I can't take a hit any more, like wet paper bag level. I lost a fair bit of resist moving to this gear and I'm just not sure where to make it up. I only have about 200C left to my name at this point.
"
Xerxian wrote:
If anyone feels like taking a look at my build, I just moved into the basic Veil/Coward's stage and the DPS is good but I can't take a hit any more, like wet paper bag level. I lost a fair bit of resist moving to this gear and I'm just not sure where to make it up. I only have about 200C left to my name at this point.

So now that you're on Low Life with Coward's Legacy, you want to change you health flasks to a Panicked prefix and also take the Pain Attunement passive on your tree. You can also remove your points in Sanctum of Thought as you don't need the additional reduced 20% effect of curses since you are just immune to them now with your Veil setup. Also probably get a Wise Oak and a Diamond Flask.

For resists, ideally, you want 2 40%+ rolls on boots, a 40%+ roll on your magic ring and then some resists on your gloves. If I am doing my math right, looks like you currently have 41 Fire, 111 Cold, 78 Light. Resists are like #1 priority so if I were you I would get new gloves, boots and ring to cap resists. Don't even worry about %dmg against chilled enemies on gloves and move speed on your boots. You are going to need max res to start farming maps, and once you get more currency, then you can go back and get the boots with Res AND movespeed and gloves with res AND damage against chilled enemies.

Also on your ascendency you took Arcane Blessing instead of Divine Guidance. You want to switch that ASAP. Gives you a huge mana buff (which is health for us with MoM) 10% MORE MoM and transfiguration of mind which increases our damage with every increase to mana.
Last edited by etherel90 on May 20, 2021, 12:09:03 PM
"
etherel90 wrote:
"
Xerxian wrote:

So now that you're on Low Life with Coward's Legacy, you want to change you health flasks to a Panicked prefix and also take the Pain Attunement passive on your tree. You can also remove your points in Sanctum of Thought as you don't need the additional reduced 20% effect of curses since you are just immune to them now with your Veil setup. Also probably get a Wise Oak and a Diamond Flask.

For resists, ideally, you want 2 40%+ rolls on boots, a 40%+ roll on your magic ring and then some resists on your gloves. If I am doing my math right, looks like you currently have 41 Fire, 111 Cold, 78 Light. Resists are like #1 priority so if I were you I would get new gloves, boots and ring to cap resists. Don't even worry about %dmg against chilled enemies on gloves and move speed on your boots. You are going to need max res to start farming maps, and once you get more currency, then you can go back and get the boots with Res AND movespeed and gloves with res AND damage against chilled enemies.

Also on your ascendency you took Arcane Blessing instead of Divine Guidance. You want to switch that ASAP. Gives you a huge mana buff (which is health for us with MoM) 10% MORE MoM and transfiguration of mind which increases our damage with every increase to mana.

Wow thank you so much for this analysis, I really appreciate it. You're almost exactly spot on with the resist numbers, I'll get this all sorted out ASAP. Thanks again!
Does anyone know what the dps of the build is? PoB is saying 400k when importing the lvl 95 version but that seems way too low. Anyone have an idea of the true numbers?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info