Petition/Request for GGG to show that they actually read the official forums and not just reddit

"
MLGonthorian wrote:
Where do I sign the petition? From all of the interviews, it seems that GGG does only seem to focus on the feedback of Reddit more than they do of their own official forums, which makes no sense considering there are barriers to write on Reddit due to a Karma requirement, which makes it so that not everyone can post about Path of Exile, also the moderation on PoE Reddit is 10 times worse than on these forums, so it almost feels to me like the devs would rather look at Reddit knowing that not everyone can post on there and because it is more regulated than their own forums. I hate this honestly, I wish that the devs would look at their own forums more because from all of the interviews it seems that they only care about the PoE reddit in terms of getting feedback.

Well.. I'm not treating this as some serious petition to "force GGG's hand" but maybe show that this is indeed a common feeling here on the forums and that they might be wise to let everyone know that this place does matter and we aren't wasting our time providing feedback.

But to sign it you can edit in /signed though i think posting in favor is enough already.
Innocence forgives you
It's gone to eight pages and they haven't even stepped in to waggle their finger at anyone.
Furthermore, the Trade Manifesto delenda est.

Bone Mommy did nothing wrong. I want to join the Syndicate.
/signed

Does this forum matter and to which extend?
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
"
007Bistromath wrote:
It's gone to eight pages and they haven't even stepped in to waggle their finger at anyone.

They don't care lol. It's a small concern to them if it is a concern at all.
"
007Bistromath wrote:

They never do.

If they did, you would have a storm of forum users "BUHUUU DEVS ANSWERED THS GUY'S THREAD BUT NOT MIIIINE? WWHHHHHYYYYYY ???"

It's pretty much their policy to never answer direct feedback here.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
007Bistromath wrote:

They never do.

If they did, you would have a storm of forum users "BUHUUU DEVS ANSWERED THS GUY'S THREAD BUT NOT MIIIINE? WWHHHHHYYYYYY ???"

It's pretty much their policy to never answer direct feedback here.

Cant argue with that and if there was a way for them to show whats requested here without posting in this thread that would be cool.

If they were to post here i would expect something along the lines of:
"we do read feedback but due to etc we do not comment posts"

This is not entirely true however as I've seen a handful of dev posts here on the forums though they tend to be by the Web Devs and mostly on features that are already planned to be implemented.

Innocence forgives you
why would they read the forums? reddit is more convinient to read and it has upvoting system so it is very easy to differentiate useful posts out of usual trash posts from forum trolls and other users that are visiting this forum desperately trying to fix their low self-esteem.
dead game
bring back 3.13
Last edited by Tainted_Fate on Dec 9, 2019, 5:30:27 AM
"
Tainted_Fate wrote:
why would they read the forums? reddit is more convinient to read and it has upvoting system so it is very easy to differentiate useful posts out of usual trash posts from forum trolls and other users that are visiting this forum desperately trying to fix their low self-esteem.

Really? I mean there have been some severely toxic posts in here.. Some really despair filled post, anger i mean you name it but this? REALLY? Cmon dude..

the upvote system on reddit is reliable? it reflects useful posts? No its abused heavily.

and on the self-esteem issue its sad but most people tend to project their own issues onto the world around them, perhaps look inward on that one as that is a projection of your own personal issues not an observation of those here on the forums.

I've clearly outlined what this thread is about and tried to comment carefully to explain any missing details when required, I post my ideas freely here on the forums and do not require or expect GGG to tell me that they read my posts specifically but what troubles me is the lingering feeling for many that posting here is pointless.

I find dispelling that rumor to be important.
Innocence forgives you
"
"
Tainted_Fate wrote:

Really? I mean there have been some severely toxic posts in here.. Some really despair filled post, anger i mean you name it but this? REALLY? Cmon dude..

the upvote system on reddit is reliable? it reflects useful posts? No its abused heavily.

and on the self-esteem issue its sad but most people tend to project their own issues onto the world around them, perhaps look inward on that one as that is a projection of your own personal issues not an observation of those here on the forums.

I've clearly outlined what this thread is about and tried to comment carefully to explain any missing details when required, I post my ideas freely here on the forums and do not require or expect GGG to tell me that they read my posts specifically but what troubles me is the lingering feeling for many that posting here is pointless.

I find dispelling that rumor to be important.

i haven't read the whole topic. you say that reddit's upvote system is being abused, but its your opinion and what actual facts do you have to prove it? every popular reddit thread was on point. flasks, lootboxes. there was a topic about changing the name of "gems plus" to something else, heavily upvoated. it worked. feedback system works, it doesnt matter what platform players are using. reddit is more convinient. whats wrong with that?
dead game
bring back 3.13
"
robmafia wrote:
"
Pizzarugi wrote:

Or, maybe, this kind of toxic accusatory behavior levied at the devs as you've demonstrated and can be found in abundance here on the forums, which often gets downvoted and buried, is exactly why they prefer Reddit?

wow, they prefer the echo chamber of reddit? YOU DON'T SAY.

it's as if that was the point.

This should have been /thread, honestly.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info