Petition/Request for GGG to show that they actually read the official forums and not just reddit

not gonna lie, reading this thread alone took me a great amount of brain work to figure out where the conversation branches out.
reddit is easy to follow since the "tree" is laid down in plainsight.
I grew up with non-threaded forums, so I guess I can understand why it would take some getting used to. The thing is, reddit takes more than getting used to. I'm seriously paranoid about trying to learn reddit, because there's all kinds of weird etiquette that isn't really explained anywhere. People get mad at you for using the website's features in the most obvious way. Like, I remember seeing a huge argument once about "brigading," such that upvoting something was considered a severe breach of protocol.

Also, I usually can't get reddit's threading to work all that well. I mean, it's not as bad as twitter threading by a longshot, but damn.

PS: I should point out this isn't just discomfort with threaded conversations. Slashdot has had threading forever, and I've never been confused by it. Reddit's design just kinda sucks.
Furthermore, the Trade Manifesto delenda est.

Bone Mommy did nothing wrong. I want to join the Syndicate.
Last edited by 007Bistromath on Dec 2, 2019, 10:21:12 PM
Just a little fyi here this thread is more about dispelling rumors and increasing morale here than anything else.
Innocence forgives you
I feel like it's kind of hard for it to accomplish that goal when

"
007Bistromath wrote:
That's generally the only thing they ever show up to say, and you just had to do it for them.
Furthermore, the Trade Manifesto delenda est.

Bone Mommy did nothing wrong. I want to join the Syndicate.
"
Just a little fyi here this thread is more about dispelling rumors and increasing morale here than anything else.

Not even that. There's going to be people that constantly whine about things that will never be changed for good reason and have seriously bad idea's. They're going to post no matter what however just knowing that a Dev would actually read and consider something would attract the more level-headed forum users to post feedback if they believed they weren't wasting their time.

I have what I consider is a very solid and reasonable idea to fix trade that synchronises with Chris' goals in the trade Manifesto. If I'm just pissing into the wind though then my time is more precious than posting something that essentially is meaningless.
"
Boem wrote:
You have a very childlike imagination when it comes to working adults in a public industry.

25 years in the high-end coding business says otherwise :-)
It is not 'imagination' when what I describe is what I've heard from colleagues who are IN the games business either.

Imagine how you'd feel if, year after year, your customers tell you you're shite at what you do (especially when you try your hardest). It doesn't matter which area you're in, game coding or whatever else. It will grind away at you until you finally quit, withdraw, or crack. A few people are able to handle that type of pressure, but not the majority.
"
Krono555 wrote:
"

Not even that. There's going to be people that constantly whine about things that will never be changed for good reason and have seriously bad idea's. They're going to post no matter what however just knowing that a Dev would actually read and consider something would attract the more level-headed forum users to post feedback if they believed they weren't wasting their time.

I have what I consider is a very solid and reasonable idea to fix trade that synchronises with Chris' goals in the trade Manifesto. If I'm just pissing into the wind though then my time is more precious than posting something that essentially is meaningless.

I get how ya feel though that has not entirely stopped me from posting ideas here especially after getting to know some of the constructive posters here on the forum.. but knowing for sure that they do read this forum would inspire me to put a lot more effort into some of those posts but also perhaps take more time while reading others ideas and thinking about my feedback before i reply.
Innocence forgives you
SIGNED.

I tried to FRIENDLY argue some time ago with dudes on reddit about Marauder, Berserker, Warcries etc, got instant -30 karma at everything I wrote eventhough I reasoned a lot, tried to be friendly and actually I got some expertise in this kind of shit, according to poe-racing.com I am the grand marauder of all times currently with my name in GOLD.

All that shit doesnt matter when you say stuff that they dont like so reddit is cancer tbh. Like in 3.5 you literally got downvoted just for saying that you play Berserker LOL.

Then some dude got i dont know how many upvotes for saying that I play with warcry macros or other dudes saying that I MUST BE a bot.

Defame legit players on reddit, get upvotes, report legit scammers on the forum, get banned. There is something wrong here.

Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Dec 3, 2019, 4:31:54 AM
"

except that there's no rumours.. they confirmed at exilecon that they care more about reddit than their official forums..

you, anyone else and me can keep bumping this thread until 2021.. unless there's some personal attacks going here you wont get anyone from tencentggg to answer to anything but to moderate the forums.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Dec 3, 2019, 7:21:08 PM
"
SIGNED.

I tried to FRIENDLY argue some time ago with dudes on reddit about Marauder, Berserker, Warcries etc, got instant -30 karma at everything I wrote eventhough I reasoned a lot, tried to be friendly and actually I got some expertise in this kind of shit, according to poe-racing.com I am the grand marauder of all times currently with my name in GOLD.

All that shit doesnt matter when you say stuff that they dont like so reddit is cancer tbh. Like in 3.5 you literally got downvoted just for saying that you play Berserker LOL.

Then some dude got i dont know how many upvotes for saying that I play with warcry macros or other dudes saying that I MUST BE a bot.

Defame legit players on reddit, get upvotes, report legit scammers on the forum, get banned. There is something wrong here.

That's pretty sad ...
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info