Atlas Changes in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

Love you!
Is their a new ''Uber'' Encounter in 3.9 or 4.0?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Didn't they said on ExileCon that they thought Synthesis bosses was too rare in zana missions currently? And at the same time saying that elder and shaper stuff shouldn't be nearly as rare as Synthesis was this league?

So many here seem to focus on that we don't have the elder/shaper as endgame anymore, the new endgame will obviously offer great new items and other stuff exactly like the elder/shaper did. Just seeing maximum power charge on rare helms without corruption looks insane (or tailwind on boots for that matter). If anything this might give us a lot of new builds that previously haven't seen the light.

Watcher's eye is my only real concern about this update though, because already today some good single mods are a couple of exalts already so even the single ones will probably go above 10ex easily. Although it might not matter depending on the items we receive from the new endgame. And I guess the Watcher's eye droprate nerf only will affect a small percentage of the playerbase since those aren't exactly the first items you buy in a build (I know there is a few builds that rely on watcher's eye mods, but those are probably not run by most people either).

All in all I welcome a change in how we run the endgame, been tired of the same guardian map spam to do uber elder for some time already.
Hype train is coming !
Although these changes will probably be good for the general community, I worry about performance related issues gating parts of the atlas now. In the old system you could do every map untill you needed to upgrade your dps. With these changes, you better be able to clear those bosses or the atlas remains locked to you (this includes performance to clear them).

The trailer showed impressive ''cutscenes'' and arenas/fights. Will those fights be optimized in terms of performance or is endgame now a matter of ''don't you guys have SSD's?''
Most of these Atlas changes look interesting.

However, I'm not happy that the path to the final Shaper fight is changing already after just a couple of years. For those of us who have not yet mastered the endgame meta, this particular check box is still missing - and soon will be impossible to reach. That is a big diappointment to me.
Yey ! More bans !
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
"
Tyran wrote:
Looks like this will remove all depth, choice and strategy from endgame. Just move watchstones around to whatever map you run and play everything t16. Elder/Shaper changes are horrible. There won't be any interaction with the atlas or any strategy involved if you can just blindly spam random maps and have the best drops permanently.

Actually this probably summs up the new endgame now. Even more rng, and choices are temporal and do not matter in the slightest. Plus more enforced powercreep because of the permanently (available) high tier maps, making everything beneath it feel inferior.
I don't like these changes at all. All shaper/elder uniques (and those of their guardians) will be painfully hard to get, especially in SSF. But the worst news is that we won't be able to uncomplete maps. No more target farming for div cards? WTF, GGG?
Cool! Nice changes! Finally I don’t have to chaise shaper/elder influence and just do maps I like;)
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info