Atlas Changes in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

nice
Nice, but I don't like past content to be harder to reach (that is, unless GGG is prudently tasting waters...).

My suggestion: when the player has killed all the conquerors (completed the current endgame), please add 1 guarranteed Guardian to the Zana dailies. So that we always have a choice to realiably engage on the past endgame if we want to.
My wishlist: Hi-res digital artbook
Allow spaces in character names
Vulkan and Linux support
Opensource the game
I am very disappointed. Shaper-, Elder influence and story is my favorite thing in this game. Now they are just part of zana. Why do you do this =/
I'm happy with this changes, though that I never finished uber elder alone.

What I don't like is that we have have another very good fight that have nice mechanics almost not accessible. I hope there will be other options to spawn shaper or elder fight as it was said during exilecon.

My idea would be to add new "splinters" (yes I "love" them too), that would drop from map bosses. You have to get 100 splinters to have guardian map (for shaper's guardian same as it was, for elder guardians something new) - so 8 types of splinters. The higher map tier the more splinters drop.
This would make map bosses more meaningfully. They said that they are revisiting map bosses this league, so I'm afraid that they would be not worth doing after this change (in matter of risk - reward).
Rest with shaper/elder stays as it's in first post.
It seems that this game is forcing us to spend less and less time on a map, skipping 99.9% of the loot and pretty much everything that's going on there.

Players that spend over a minute per map are going to be irreversibly screwed.

Unless I'm not understanding it right, PoE is starting to feel (and already is) like a Sonic platform race, rather than a RPG to explore.

Guys, if I had to run 1000 maps per league and do it wouldn't that mean that something's wrong with my head???
What will happen to the standard league map system?
Sounds great.
Cant wait to bash out some new end game
"
Xystre wrote:
so you're saying uber elder is on RNG wheel.

hmmm how unfortunate.

lets see how "often" they spawn, after all uber elder is also part of the endgame of path of exile.

Well isn't the whole point of this expansion to add a NEW endgame???
I thought the new map system was supposed to be in place after beating Uber Elder. But now it is presented as atlas replacement from T1.

I am a bit sad about this.
I guess I will be done with the league no later than previous leagues, 2 weeks!
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Just what the game was crying out for, yet more content gated behind RNG.
Obviously they've listened to the comments of many players over the last few years as to how much everyone loves being gated behind multiple layers of RNG. (warning, heavy sarcasm).

So now we have to rely on RNG for Zana, then RNG for Shaper mission, then RNG for a frag, then RNG for the right frags, then RNG for Elder, then more RNG for frags, then more RNG for the right frag, then RNG in Uber Elder, etc etc etc.

Isn't that something like RNG to the power of 8 for a single Uber Elder fight?

I am all in favour of multiple SKILL/Ability gates for Uber Elder (as it is mostly now). You have to beat increasingly difficult content to reach the end aim. THAT is how end game should work. What is this constant obsession with "roll a six" chance layers? Why move from beating content layers to multiplying RNG layers to end game? That punishes ALL players, regardless of skill/ability/gear. Uber Elder is going to be as rare as Aul now and just as easy to get to, ffs.

Awesome. Seems like this is really going to be popular..... I sense that my salty tears and sarcasm energy pools are going to be filled up to maximum capacity in no time. Unbelievable.

I'm open minded for the atlas rework itself. Being forced not to single map farm I can kind of take, shaking it all up into quadrants I can take, but basically removing our end game just seems daft.

Forced Metas were bad enough every new league, now it's forced gameplay as well (map farming choices restricted). Whatever happened to the "play your way" ideology of PoE?
I loved Path of Exile.
I do not love Path of RNG.
Bloom gives me migraines, the over usage of darkness strains my eyes.
Save our game, remove all of the constant RNG and allow us to turn off Bloom or give us an in game brightness control!
Last edited by Maelstromicus on Nov 20, 2019, 5:22:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info