[3.15] Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator - tanky & fast mapping - good scaling - all content

Hi!
I have been using this build and gotta say, its alot of fun!
however,I find it hard to get a good shield that really boosts the skill's damage and was also wondering if there is a good unique shield that fits best in case i come across it.

I am also wondering how Crimson Dance fits in this all since it really nerfs the bleed damage and i wonder if its really worth it or do u need to get to a specific damage cap before u can use it.

About leveling, i found 2 uniques that really work well with this build, Daresso's Passion, a Estoc that gives Frenzy charges really easy and works with SST and also gives u a damage boost whenever u don't have charges.

the other item i'm using till i get a good shield in endgame is Atziri's Mirror, great stats for defence and curse reflection is always handy.

Hope this helps!
"
Weertangel wrote:
Hi!
however,I find it hard to get a good shield that really boosts the skill's damage and was also wondering if there is a good unique shield that fits best in case i come across it.

I am also wondering how Crimson Dance fits in this all since it really nerfs the bleed damage and i wonder if its really worth it or do u need to get to a specific damage cap before u can use it.

About leveling, i found 2 uniques that really work well with this build, Daresso's Passion, a Estoc that gives Frenzy charges really easy and works with SST and also gives u a damage boost whenever u don't have charges.

the other item i'm using till i get a good shield in endgame is Atziri's Mirror, great stats for defence and curse reflection is always handy.

Hope this helps!

Lioneye´s Remorse is a good unique shield with decent %armor Roll and fairly cheap. Atziris Mirros is sadly totally useless for SST since it has 0 armor.... (so you get no added phys dmg which really isnt good for your dps)

For Shield crafting its either Spam Dense Fossils or Essences of Dread on a ilvl86 colossal tower shield you should easily hit sth over 2100 (which is mostly enough until sirius 9 or when you wanna min/max)
Well Crimson Dance nerfs your Bleed single dmg for 60% but allows multiple instaces of Bleeds to happen. And since bleed is based of your attack damage (Potential damage from one bleed application is based on the base physical damage of attack that caused it: 70% per second if the target is standing still (reduced to 10% if an enemy monster applied it). If the target is moving, bleeding deals additional damage equal to twice the base, for a total of 3 times the base damage (210% per second)) and SST isnt really a hard hitting ability in itself so its actually an DPS boost if you can stack the 8 bleed mods and can keep em up on the target.
Last edited by bulingar on May 9, 2021, 3:03:07 PM
"
bulingar wrote:

Lioneye´s Remorse is a good unique shield with decent %armor Roll and fairly cheap. Atziris Mirros is sadly totally useless for SST since it has 0 armor.... (so you get no added phys dmg which really isnt good for your dps)

Not useless but too less damage. SST also scales with Evasion. Kaltenhalt or later Mirror are good leveling shields. But Armour just scales so much higher and seems more logical on a gladiator. I think evasion shields are somewhere capped at ~2k evasion.

"
Weertangel wrote:
Hi!

Hope this helps!

Crimson dance is pretty good explained by bulingar. We are hitting mobs really fast for a bleed build and keeping up 8 stacks is not that hard. so it's a damgage increase in the end.

For the shield just buy a level 86 colossal and spam dense. or slam a 3 chaos deafening essence of dread. and you have a nearly guaranteed shield for mapping.
Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Shattering Steel Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2839530
Hi,

your both POB's do not fulfill int and dex requiraments.
Also lack of resistances.
Last edited by Dr4gOn1k on May 10, 2021, 7:09:04 AM
"
Dr4gOn1k wrote:
Hi,

Pretty sure it has everything ;) (except chaos res) which i willingly dumped to get more dps...
https://pastebin.com/YPPF065G (boss setup for maven/sirius/the feared etc)
if you load current its a mapping setup
"
bulingar wrote:
"
Dr4gOn1k wrote:
Hi,

Pretty sure it has everything ;) (except chaos res) which i willingly dumped to get more dps...
https://pastebin.com/YPPF065G (boss setup for maven/sirius/the feared etc)
if you load current its a mapping setup

Im not that sure.
Also in your above POB -https://pastebin.com/YPPF065G (boss setup for maven/sirius/the feared etc) you are missing gloves.

1.Early / Mid / Late / Late with Cluster

Last Tree with Cluster Jewels:

Dex: 142 / Req 160
Int: 63 / Req 103

Fire:60%
Cold:67%
Light:61%

2.Endgame POB

Dex: 142 / Req 155
Int: 87 / Req 98

Fire:77% (+35%)
Cold:59%
Light:76% (+74%)

So, there is a little mess in this POBs.
"
Dr4gOn1k wrote:

Im not that sure.
Also in your above POB -https://pastebin.com/YPPF065G (boss setup for maven/sirius/the feared etc) you are missing gloves.

1.Early / Mid / Late / Late with Cluster

Last Tree with Cluster Jewels:

Dex: 142 / Req 160
Int: 63 / Req 103

Fire:60%
Cold:67%
Light:61%

2.Endgame POB

Dex: 142 / Req 155
Int: 87 / Req 98

Fire:77% (+35%)
Cold:59%
Light:76% (+74%)

So, there is a little mess in this POBs.

For the pob of bulingar i think you need to update your pob :) For me it shows his Apothecary Gloves. But the new basetype is not that long available.

My pob's are just example gear with a lot of rare items. Just buy what you need. It' makes no sense to predefine rares, i think the special stats are mentioned in the gear section, otherwise it's just life + res as always in poe ;)

Let's take the Endgame Pob e.g.
Swap Strength quality craft to int quality on shield.
Swap a Fire or Lightning Res for Cold
Delevel Bloodrage from 20 to 17.

Finished :)

If someone needs help for his personal gear everyone is welcome to ask in the thread or via PM.
Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Shattering Steel Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2839530
Last edited by paLe1337 on May 10, 2021, 12:34:38 PM
SSF Viable this build???
If you have looted the unique jewel, go for it, otherwise, the build feels terrible (started in SSF, had to switch when I got to map, felt too horrible to clear with).
"
Rinoscope wrote:
If you have looted the unique jewel, go for it, otherwise, the build feels terrible (started in SSF, had to switch when I got to map, felt too horrible to clear with).

chain support gem does wonders ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info