[3.15] Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator - tanky & fast mapping - good scaling - all content

"
Azumoqt wrote:
Having trouble figuring out how to achieve max block with the build without using advancing fortress. I've got all the block nodes on the tree, 23% block on my 2500 armour shield. While wielding a runic hatchet though I only have 62% (65% with tempest shield) and wondering what are good ways to get that to cap?

Any help is appreciated!

Cluster jewel with block, craft on body armor, red nightmare.
I'm using red nightmare personally.
Last edited by Malorie on May 4, 2021, 9:22:06 PM
"
paLe1337 wrote:

Glad you like the build :)

You can replace the totem setup with it. Maim is a good support for Purity if you have some % mana. I don't think Pulverize does anything.

Ice Golem ice probably the worst. Accuracy + Crit does nothing. If you want to run a golem for style use stone golem.

Enduring cry with call to arms is in the build. Just put it on left mouse.

Duration is an "OK" support. But it got removed as the gem slots are really precious now.

Thanks for the tips!

I dropped the Golem all together. Keeping the Purity/Maim (It's nice to have buddies still :P)

Replaced Duration Support with Tempest Shield on the CWDT link.

Thing is, now after dropping the Totem spread. I have room for more gems, I believe I have all that's listed in guide, not sure what may be good to add in.
"
Kreicus wrote:
"
paLe1337 wrote:

Glad you like the build :)

You can replace the totem setup with it. Maim is a good support for Purity if you have some % mana. I don't think Pulverize does anything.

Ice Golem ice probably the worst. Accuracy + Crit does nothing. If you want to run a golem for style use stone golem.

Enduring cry with call to arms is in the build. Just put it on left mouse.

Duration is an "OK" support. But it got removed as the gem slots are really precious now.

Thanks for the tips!

I dropped the Golem all together. Keeping the Purity/Maim (It's nice to have buddies still :P)

Replaced Duration Support with Tempest Shield on the CWDT link.

Thing is, now after dropping the Totem spread. I have room for more gems, I believe I have all that's listed in guide, not sure what may be good to add in.

Dunno if you're using the Corrupted Fever setup mentioned or not, but that took up the remaining gem slots for me.

Build feels great to play even if it's not the fastest thing out there. I do feel like I lack damage in higher tier maps where mobs have resistance and/or max health. It's also a little slow (for me) to carry a party.
Hey been playin this build and its fun so far. Just wondering that Crimson Dance passive. When do you spec to it? Does it require change of playstyle to spam more bleeds to rares/bosses?
"
Azumoqt wrote:
Having trouble figuring out how to achieve max block with the build without using advancing fortress. I've got all the block nodes on the tree, 23% block on my 2500 armour shield. While wielding a runic hatchet though I only have 62% (65% with tempest shield) and wondering what are good ways to get that to cap?

Any help is appreciated!

You get +8% from your Ascendancy if you have been hit recently so about 73% you´ll either need to craft %Block chance on Shield or Body or use a Small Cluster if you have the points for it
"
Rinoscope wrote:
First of all, thanks Pale for the great guide.
I've wanted to play SST since it came out, but never found a way to make it work. Glad's bleed explosions are very satisfying and clear very well.
I'm also loving the aspect of trying to craft my own gear with essences and Harvest.
I wanted to thank Bulingar too for picking up the build and seeing how to make it viable in 3.14, giving crafting advices for the shields/gloves/rings.

I wonder what you would recommend I try to improve on my gear (or my talent tree) onward, when I manage to reach red maps (as I'm struggling with the atlas, only came back last league after a big hiatus, and this new conqueror/stones to socket for maps and all that is still somewhat fuzzy).

But I'm loving the build, good damage and, more importantly, I don't feel like a glass cannon, unlike most of the builds I've played in the past!

Thanks you two, and everyone else who contributed to the guide!

I´d start with your shield since it´s your "Main Dps" Scaling. And maybe get an enchanted Helm with SST damage or projectiles (doesnt matter if 3 or 5 if i recall correctly!) You can also get some Cheap hunter Amulet base preferably a Turqoise Amulet and any Warlord Ring that you like and Spam em in the harvests that you randomly Encounter should get you some Cheap upgrades and more DPS which was my most point of Concern once i hit red maps with sirius 7+
Just upgraded to chernobogs shield...but my dps went up 100 only? Checked gems and brutality causes skill to deal no elemental damage..and chernobog converts 25% of damage to fire..so does using that shield mean -25% dmg for SST?
Also to clarify what i did with my Glad i wanted to get the most DPS out of it which TBH isnt the best choice if you like to Tank stuff i just wanted to see what i can achieve on DPS numbers in PoB sitting at around 8.5m with awakened Gems at lvl5 and totem setup (Which i dont use on mapping i swap to Reckoning for ultimatums since i gave up alot of tankiness/chaos res for going max DPS). Personally i think the best would be around 3-4.5m Sirius DPS and then invest into defensives like larger HP pool 75% chaos res etc. I also run a pierce Gem for mapping since i´m to scared to either annul my helm or recraft my amulet ... and Pierce really is a big QoL even thinking about buying a 6l Lioneyes chest just for mapping.

https://pastebin.com/aPjwCJPV This would be my Bossing Setup
Last edited by bulingar on May 5, 2021, 9:26:31 AM
"
Zeros wrote:
Just upgraded to chernobogs shield...but my dps went up 100 only? Checked gems and brutality causes skill to deal no elemental damage..and chernobog converts 25% of damage to fire..so does using that shield mean -25% dmg for SST?

Yep... Try to get your hands on a lioneyes Shield really decent for the pric. Just try to get one with a high %Armour for Cheap.
Last edited by bulingar on May 5, 2021, 9:08:47 AM
"
Urbnopr8r wrote:
Dunno if you're using the Corrupted Fever setup mentioned or not, but that took up the remaining gem slots for me.

Build feels great to play even if it's not the fastest thing out there. I do feel like I lack damage in higher tier maps where mobs have resistance and/or max health. It's also a little slow (for me) to carry a party.

Yup, I use Fever. Of my 24 Gems I have...
6) SST +5 Support
3) Shield Charge +2 Support
3) CWDT +Molten +Tempest
2) Blasph/Vuln
2) Purity/Maim
Enduring Cry, War Banner, Dash, Blood Rage, Fever, Malevolence

Leaving 2 open.
I think all I'm missing from the guide is Precision, but I have RT.

And I'm not complaining, it's a struggle to find room for gems most of the time, but now I'm unsure what to fill it with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info