[3.10] Cold Static Strike Gladiator - Endgame Map Farmer - Fast & Tanky

"
Ild_Heim wrote:
Its nice to create content, my disapointment would go to POB links, they are kinda messy !

None show a realistic build, first one show build without resistances and so, some item are pretty not easy to found especialy then when you will need to add res and so, so having tailwind + 30%ms boots kinda hard especialy when you got all T2-T1 roll for life.

Another logical link would have the last one with last build but again something realistic going into metamorph POB link and finding a savior is a bit depressing !

I wouldnt mind for the exemple to have a special POB with some specific bonus gear but a guide should be more clear about progression and reasonable currency.

I wholeheartedly disagree with everything about this. You are expected to know to use empty suffixes on gear to cap resistances. There is nothing wrong with PoB links being templates and the progression of my PoB links is better than most guides out there. As for the last 2 PoBs, I have labelled that they were my actual characters and so clearly they will be minmaxed.
Hey, so I tried this build and I find it absolutely enjoyable and awesome. Thank you for the guide!

You can see my gear etc. in my profile, atm I'm running around t5-6 maps. (Warchief is not in setup atm because of not enough str.)

Usually I don't even have to drink my flasks because I tank everything. While clearing, my current static strike tooltip dps is 80k, plus i have a vaal warchief and a riposte 4link.

One change I did is to go for the spellblock=attackblock ascendancy node in the merc lab, and I'll grab the charge generator as my 4th.

Also I rushed for block passives earéier and left the critical strike ones for last.
Last edited by Eti88 on Mar 21, 2020, 7:36:32 PM
I just died on lag in HC. Some info for somebody who want to try it:

- Very bad leveling even with items. Melee si just bad for leveling. You are changing gear each 10 levels and stil not cool. Killing act bosses is pain.

- Once u change to static strike, then its walkthrough. Of course u need to invest lot, with tabula i had 80+ hp on boots, belt, gloves and 2x 60hp rings and u are staying o 3,7k hp which is very low even for t1-t5 maps. So not HC friendly.

- What is really annoing is re-aplying static strike. You must be careful to have it ON when jumping into pack. When it just expire, u are literary dead cause u dont hit before mobs do.

- For very comfort play there should be some options to make static strike active as long as possible (which obivously do enchants, but they are expansive, especially on begin)

- Big downsize is speed in terms of laggines. I just died cause i was too fast and server/maybe pc cant render delirum and all that mobs = lag and die even with hotkey.

For Softcore it must be very nice and funny build, for HC there must be some improvements maybe over cluster jewels into more HP. And play more slowly, which is hard with this build :)
Godly clearspeed and tankiness. Ripping through Delirium in alc/vaal red maps at level 73. Does seriously lack single target dmg though unless I'm missing something.
Last edited by mugatu747 on Mar 23, 2020, 1:48:28 PM
Thanks for the build, I'm really enjoying it. Here are changes I made.

First, remove close combat. The requirements of what it does will not synergize with this version. Honestly, I don't think it synergize even with static strike, except the melee attack. Replace it with inspiration.

Next, Remove the chain. Yes, this seems harsh, but stay with me. If you have the enchant (I bought today a nice helmet with this enchant for 20c) chain is luxury. To fix the chain problem, trhow away tombfists and get Wyrmscale. Rampage is glorious with this kind of build. I managed to snatch one with temporal chain on hit, but you can also try enfeeble. Now the crucial part. Get yourself an Ice Crash and put it in your 6L. Suddenly, your single target will multiply x10 (Currently 300k per wave on a shaper with double sceave) thanks to the nature of the cold build. I tried all single targets skill (double strike, BF, Cyclone, ele hit, but nothing came even close to the massive damage outpout that Ice Crash can dish out. You can also perma freeze bosses). Swap ancestral warchief for a protector with culling strike. You need every single attack speed you can get. Especially on a boss fight.

Drop basalt for atziri promise. 15% of physical won't save you, but killing faster will.

I didn't check out cluster jewels but I'm sure there will be some goodies. Also, get a Vaal pact. The life regen is pointless anyway.
Last edited by Sixtysan on Mar 23, 2020, 2:47:08 PM
Don't u have any ideas how to re-apply static strike without manually hitting creep?
"
Sixtysan wrote:
Thanks for the build, I'm really enjoying it. Here are changes I made.

First, remove close combat. The requirements of what it does will not synergize with this version. Honestly, I don't think it synergize even with static strike, except the melee attack. Replace it with inspiration.

Next, Remove the chain. Yes, this seems harsh, but stay with me. If you have the enchant (I bought today a nice helmet with this enchant for 20c) chain is luxury. To fix the chain problem, trhow away tombfists and get Wyrmscale. Rampage is glorious with this kind of build. I managed to snatch one with temporal chain on hit, but you can also try enfeeble. Now the crucial part. Get yourself an Ice Crash and put it in your 6L. Suddenly, your single target will multiply x10 (Currently 300k per wave on a shaper with double sceave) thanks to the nature of the cold build. I tried all single targets skill (double strike, BF, Cyclone, ele hit, but nothing came even close to the massive damage outpout that Ice Crash can dish out. You can also perma freeze bosses). Swap ancestral warchief for a protector with culling strike. You need every single attack speed you can get. Especially on a boss fight.

Drop basalt for atziri promise. 15% of physical won't save you, but killing faster will.

I didn't check out cluster jewels but I'm sure there will be some goodies. Also, get a Vaal pact. The life regen is pointless anyway.

Thanks for your input. Seems like you have moved on to another build now but regardless, I have reached level 100 on one character and 95 on another with this build and absolutely would not play without chain. Ice crash gem swap is indeed one way to improve the single target however it requires not using chain support like you said. Perhaps a 6 link ice crash and a 5 link static strike in elder fortify boots will be a better alternative if you want to go that route. Close combat is best in slot support for us (or quite frankly, any skill which uses swords) and there is little to no reason not to use it. Adding rampage to the build is a good idea but a better way to implement it might be using a Sinvicta's Mettle weapon swap.

"
AnubixcZ wrote:
Don't u have any ideas how to re-apply static strike without manually hitting creep?

Hey thanks for trying out the build in HC. Unfortunately no, there is a rhythm you have to get into with timing the static strike to reapply it but once you get it down it becomes easy to manage.
Hello

Thanks for the build. I am thinking about switching to a Duelist build from my current Jugg MS build. I have some questions though.

1. I read the best mods to look for in a Watcher's eye. Can it be minimum 1 mod for endgame or it needs to be more?

2. Can you please explain how I can get the Tribal Fury? I couldnt find much information about that.

3. Is -15 total mana cost is necessary for the body armour?

4. While we use Whirling Blades, what is the reason that we use Phase Run as well?

I appreciate the answers.
Best
"
elvorfindra wrote:
Hello

Thanks for the build. I am thinking about switching to a Duelist build from my current Jugg MS build. I have some questions though.

1. I read the best mods to look for in a Watcher's eye. Can it be minimum 1 mod for endgame or it needs to be more?

2. Can you please explain how I can get the Tribal Fury? I couldnt find much information about that.

3. Is -15 total mana cost is necessary for the body armour?

4. While we use Whirling Blades, what is the reason that we use Phase Run as well?

I appreciate the answers.
Best

Watchers eye is a very late game upgrade and one mod is great. More than one useful mod on them is extremely expensive.

Tribal Fury is a hidden notable which you can anoint on your amulet for golden + silver + opalescent oil. The full list of anointments can be found here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2628299

-15 mana cost is not necessary, just a small quality of life bonus

We phase run after getting the static strike buff for movment speed, phasing and more damage for our static beams while clearing. Leap slam or whirling blades are to cover distances with no enemies quickly.
When balancing res for Wise Oak, my char should have the highest cold res, right? This way they get the cold pen from the flask for max damage. Is this correct?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info