[3.10] Cold Static Strike Gladiator - Endgame Map Farmer - Fast & Tanky

"
greenimp77 wrote:
Any big tree changes with your variant? I've been trying out a few changes to the tree here and there.

I've done 10 or 11 Sirus fights and 6 or 7 Catarinas. No Savoir or Paradoxia yet :(

Share your POB if you get a minute!


The biggest change was grabbing vaal pact and the jewel node near Pain Attunement for glorious vanity. The idea was to make up for some loss of EHP due to the pristine fossil nerf, and doryani's glorious vanity (gain 20% of maximum life as extra maximum energy shield) and a chest prefix craft (gain 10% of maximum life as extra maximum energy shield) more than make up for that. Blood rage degen is a non issue thanks to Soul Tether and since it grants frenzies during clearing I dropped Outmatch and Outlast for Violent Retaliation (and immortal call for molten shell).

PoB: https://pastebin.com/FQu3DXd0 (Might need Localidentity's fork)

Character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Himanshu24/characters?characterName=Glorious_Vanity
Cold Static Strike Gladiator /view-thread/2672136
"
Himanshu24 wrote:
"
greenimp77 wrote:
Any big tree changes with your variant? I've been trying out a few changes to the tree here and there.

I've done 10 or 11 Sirus fights and 6 or 7 Catarinas. No Savoir or Paradoxia yet :(

Share your POB if you get a minute!


The biggest change was grabbing vaal pact and the jewel node near Pain Attunement for glorious vanity. The idea was to make up for some loss of EHP due to the pristine fossil nerf, and doryani's glorious vanity (gain 20% of maximum life as extra maximum energy shield) and a chest prefix craft (gain 10% of maximum life as extra maximum energy shield) more than make up for that. Blood rage degen is a non issue thanks to Soul Tether and since it grants frenzies during clearing I dropped Outmatch and Outlast for Violent Retaliation (and immortal call for molten shell).

PoB: https://pastebin.com/FQu3DXd0 (Might need Localidentity's fork)

Character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Himanshu24/characters?characterName=Glorious_Vanity


Thanks - I'm playing SSF so I'll have to hope I get lucky with the glorious vanity. That extra ES would be damn nice!
Last edited by greenimp77 on Feb 11, 2020, 8:53:30 AM
Want to try this build out since I already have a para and saviour lying around. Just a few quick questions: Why cold? Is there any specific synergies I missed? I'm assuming this is not a face tank build but does one-shots happen often with mega morphs?
"
Ammoconda wrote:
Want to try this build out since I already have a para and saviour lying around. Just a few quick questions: Why cold? Is there any specific synergies I missed? I'm assuming this is not a face tank build but does one-shots happen often with mega morphs?


Not the OP, but I like the cold damage for two reasons: the interaction with Herald of Ice - the beams from static strike chain through packs freezing them which then shatter insta popping the whole group. In tighter corridors and delve the chain can spread through multiple packs at a time.

Secondly chilling bosses with cold damage adds a great defensive layer.

I face tank metamorphs but some of them will still one shot you. I think they're designed to do this to just about any build. So you have to learn and watch for the big incoming moves.

I don't have any problem standing toe to toe with any of the conquerors.
Last edited by greenimp77 on Feb 11, 2020, 3:07:43 PM
@Himanshu24

I just realized if you grab the jewel node directly west of the duelist start you can socket a large ring thread of hope and pick up 32% increased life. Pretty nice boost for the 5 points it takes to get there.
Last edited by greenimp77 on Feb 11, 2020, 3:05:45 PM
"
greenimp77 wrote:
@Himanshu24

I just realized if you grab the jewel node directly west of the duelist start you can socket a large ring thread of hope and pick up 32% increased life. Pretty nice boost for the 5 points it takes to get there.



That would be 10 points total for 32% life
Cold Static Strike Gladiator /view-thread/2672136
hey supp i'll try to do a different variation of the build with zerker to improve single target and warstave hegemony era.Going for block as well do you think this has some potential on the left side of the tree since most stave nodes are there?
"
hey supp i'll try to do a different variation of the build with zerker to improve single target and warstave hegemony era.Going for block as well do you think this has some potential on the left side of the tree since most stave nodes are there?



Will end up being a very different build but I'm sure you can make it work. Shouldn't need to go any farther right than duelist start.
Cold Static Strike Gladiator /view-thread/2672136
what kind of mods do you search on your glorious vanity jewel for this build ?
"
yhaxile wrote:
what kind of mods do you search on your glorious vanity jewel for this build ?


I did not put any effort into checking for good passives or notables in glorious vanity radius as the doryani keystone was the most important part. Mine only has 11% res in a small passive and the notable Arcane Vision turned into something useless. Best case scenario would be something like if Arcane Vision turned into 5% block chance or cold pen.
Cold Static Strike Gladiator /view-thread/2672136
Last edited by Himanshu24 on Feb 16, 2020, 12:28:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info