[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

I'm torn between this build and a BL miner. Maybe if the OP updates this then I may give traps a try.

The buff to Lightning Trap was substantial. Yes there are some crit nerfs but it's not nearly enough to shy away from the build.

LT will still be strong.
The Lab, making a great game good since 2016.
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
MisterSad wrote:
This build has been my first 36/40 challenge completion, and I've farmed up more wealth than in any league previously. Currently have 38ex 700c in the stash, and that's after buying a Watcher's Eye and a 360 ES 15% mana reservation shield.

I'm stuck at level 97, so I'm retiring it for now and starting a new build. (Dying about every 10 maps and losing all my xp, but that's mostly due to lag, frame drops and my own carelessness.)

Thanks for the hard work putting this build guide together, OP.

Thanks guys and I apologize that I've been on a hiatus from POE.

I appreciate that so many people have been enjoying the build and that many of you have been kindly helping out with answering questions and filling the gaps :) It's great to see that the build thread can go on organically even while I'm not active in a league.

This looks delicious, but I've not yet read through all the changes to check for potential changes that affect us... just this one stood out immediately of course. :)
Lightning Trap
Now has an added Damage effectiveness of 170% (from 135%).

I'm thinking a lot on making a comeback for Harvest.

I would love if people comment their own thoughts too on the patch notes if you catch something that specifically affect this guide. I'll glance the patch notes tonight and then read them tomorrow I hope:)

Hey OP. Welcome back (Hopefully).
Regarding Patch Notes!

First of all - please beware the false rumor that the blind from sab. ascendancy is gone - this is a bug in the Json file.

There are multiple nerfs to dmg and crit on the new passive tree. These were most likely made to nerf mines, but sadly traps suffer from this as well. IMO the nerfs are not big enough to warrant any concerns.

Big boost on the Lightning trap Dmg. Great.

Nerf on Lightning Spire dmg. Sad. But not not gonna affect the build in any crazy way.

I did not play this build in Delirium but will try and include clusters in the coming league.

I did take extra block notes on the tree to not die as often. it feels good.

I'm league starting this. no doubt.

"
Magnamuss wrote:
Ill played last time a trapper since big Trap revamp, i feels very squishy (i haven't your great build Guide used) do you prefer your build as a League Starter to try reach lvl100 ?

I honestly never had the patience and irl time to reach 100, my highest is 98 (he nearly got 99, but i ran out of time and patience:P)
I almost always league start this build. Running it as life as explained in the guide, until I can afford/find a 5L or 6L shavs.

"
iP4niX wrote:
Flat Buff but a Ton of Crit nerfs. Still think it will be a ton of fun playing :)! maybe cut some skill points and go 4 cluster jewels?

I am totally null about cluster jewels as I wasn't here at all this league, but I bet there are some people that played it a lot this/last league and will share their experience. But it sounds to me reasonable that if you can get more crit/dmg from dropping a few points to reach some cluster jewels, then definitely do it, once you get a cluster jewel worth it.

"
Bowman8763 wrote:
I'm torn between this build and a BL miner. Maybe if the OP updates this then I may give traps a try.

The buff to Lightning Trap was substantial. Yes there are some crit nerfs but it's not nearly enough to shy away from the build.
LT will still be strong.

I'm checking the 3.10 skill-tree vs the 3.11 to see if there are any direct conflicts or stuff that is broken, if so i'll change/update the guide as needed :) I probably will play this league, and in the case that I do, then i'm definitely league-starting this as per usual:)

As for traps vs mines, it's a question of play-style. Some people hate the extra button mashing required to play mines and others don't mind it or even enjoy the control.

"
LesserForms wrote:

Regarding Patch Notes!

First of all - please beware the false rumor that the blind from sab. ascendancy is gone - this is a bug in the Json file.
There are multiple nerfs to dmg and crit on the new passive tree. These were most likely made to nerf mines, but sadly traps suffer from this as well. IMO the nerfs are not big enough to warrant any concerns.
Nerf on Lightning Spire dmg. Sad. But not not gonna affect the build in any crazy way.
I did not play this build in Delirium but will try and include clusters in the coming league.

Thanks a lot for the insights, this makes it easier for anyone returning (including myself). I agree that despite crit nerfs on the tree, the direct damage buff to lightning trap should be more than enough.
Ty for the heads up on the blind :)

I'm all ears about anyone who found really useful cluster jewels or ideas on the skill-tree for any efficient change. I need to get up-2-date on "whats cluster jewels" and perhaps add a seperate section in the guide for those. :)
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
Magnamuss wrote:
Ill played last time a trapper since big Trap revamp, i feels very squishy (i haven't your great build Guide used) do you prefer your build as a League Starter to try reach lvl100 ?

I honestly never had the patience and irl time to reach 100, my highest is 98 (he nearly got 99, but i ran out of time and patience:P)
I almost always league start this build. Running it as life as explained in the guide, until I can afford/find a 5L or 6L shavs.

"
iP4niX wrote:
Flat Buff but a Ton of Crit nerfs. Still think it will be a ton of fun playing :)! maybe cut some skill points and go 4 cluster jewels?

I am totally null about cluster jewels as I wasn't here at all this league, but I bet there are some people that played it a lot this/last league and will share their experience. But it sounds to me reasonable that if you can get more crit/dmg from dropping a few points to reach some cluster jewels, then definitely do it, once you get a cluster jewel worth it.

"
Bowman8763 wrote:

LT will still be strong.

I'm checking the 3.10 skill-tree vs the 3.11 to see if there are any direct conflicts or stuff that is broken, if so i'll change/update the guide as needed :) I probably will play this league, and in the case that I do, then i'm definitely league-starting this as per usual:)

As for traps vs mines, it's a question of play-style. Some people hate the extra button mashing required to play mines and others don't mind it or even enjoy the control.

"
LesserForms wrote:

Regarding Patch Notes!

Thanks a lot for the insights, this makes it easier for anyone returning (including myself). I agree that despite crit nerfs on the tree, the direct damage buff to lightning trap should be more than enough.
Ty for the heads up on the blind :)

I'm all ears about anyone who found really useful cluster jewels or ideas on the skill-tree for any efficient change. I need to get up-2-date on "whats cluster jewels" and perhaps add a seperate section in the guide for those. :)

Add me in game so we can share insights <3
Deciding if I play this build again in Harvest, it would be more than viable. Played it in Metamorph and was very satisfied with this build.
I think this has huge potential which isn't included in the Build Guide yet and it is very good as posted by the OP.

For Example adding cluster jewels or awakened Gems and a thread of hope to get Glancing blows along with more block notes.

Def League starting with this!

Ty for the nice guide!
"
Bowman8763 wrote:

LT will still be strong.

Start with this, when you get to maps and start gathering some currency,switch to mines.

Both builds are pretty similar. BL mines or Lightning traps,the tree is almost the same,the items are pretty similar, you need shavs in both builds if you want to go low life.

You won't really notice the difference between mines and traps until you reach red maps or even further. The damage of BL mines is simply ridiculous, yes you won't kill the boss in like 2 seconds as with traps, you will kill him in 0.2 seconds with mines.

Trappper is easier and faster to level in my opinion, I did this in the last 2 leagues. Get a basic lighting trapper, gather some currency,get the shavs,and slowly start switching to mines. I pushed till about T12 maps with a 5 link tinkerskin and basic items with traps, and I did not even switch to LL. Only at about T11-12 did I start respeccing points, getting a shavs going LL and go full BL mines.

Last edited by Nosferat on Jun 19, 2020, 6:55:18 AM
I'm here to join on the journey of 3.11 and help to make the guide more complete. I always like to contribute to the findings I do when I borrow a build idea from someone. Biggest open point for me right now is the cluster jewels. Seems to good to pass up on, but haven't really looked into them.

Let 3.11 be a succesfull league and throw some traps ;)
"
Shiddoh wrote:
I think this has huge potential which isn't included in the Build Guide yet and it is very good as posted by the OP.

For Example adding cluster jewels or awakened Gems and a thread of hope to get Glancing blows along with more block notes.

Def League starting with this!

Ty for the nice guide!

Thanks:) I didn't play delirium (so i'm not uptospeed on Cluster jewels), but I agree there is a lot of power in the cluster jewels. Anyone who played this build in delirium and found some BiS cluster jewel combos/skill tree adjustments, are very welcome to post their tree/jewels and i'll possibly add it to the guide and credit the poster. :)

Meantime I'll make my experience with cluster jewels hopefully in this league and add them to the guide. I've already updated the guide a bit and moved around some sections to make things easy to follow. Bandits & Pantheons has moved to the leveling section and cluster jewels has been added to the skill-tree section.
"
dommerick wrote:
I'm here to join on the journey of 3.11 and help to make the guide more complete. I always like to contribute to the findings I do when I borrow a build idea from someone. Biggest open point for me right now is the cluster jewels. Seems to good to pass up on, but haven't really looked into them.

Let 3.11 be a succesfull league and throw some traps ;)

The more the merrier! They're definitely something to add. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info