[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Very nice gearing Dommerick, you must be blasting the content out the screen ;)

I had a busy day yesterday, so i'm catching up a bit today.

I must say I really can't feel the nerf to the crit nodes on the tree, but I suppose that's because our main skill got a very nice buff which is more than making up for it:) I'm absolutely blowing up the bosses in the ACT's while leveling.

a short little clip of lab;
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/658268034

Our damage output is really really nice and this is in quite crappy leveling gear as you see on my HP/ES:)

Dommerick answered correctly for the elemental focus/skitterbots and as for the cluster vs multiple traps, is more of spreadsheet thing. Leveling-wise, multiple traps *can* deal better damage overall, but once you start mapping and getting gems sorted (20s etc) cluster traps beats it. I always use cluster traps immediately also while leveling because I must prefer the throw pattern of cluster traps. Besides, if I understood the math correctly, cluster traps will beat out multiple traps, once cluster trap is gem lvl 13 and up. (this is based on a reddit source & spreadsheet from about 10 months ago).
I'll try find the reddit source thread and edit it in here:)

As for the POB, it remains unchanged from 3.10 to 3.11.
However if you want to fit cluster jewels, I can post a POB for that (i'll update the cluster jewel section, once I get my own hands on some CW's worthy of using hehe)

Oh and it seems really awesome being a lightning trapper this league especially, because so many people are obsessed with fireballers, vd-spellslingers and god knows anything related to fire damage.... i got this pretty wand for literal 1 alchemy o.o

Last edited by oestergreen on Jun 22, 2020, 1:26:56 PM
Is there an updated PoB for 3.11? It's advertised as 3.11, but PoB is made for 3.9
"
Bromeek wrote:
Is there an updated PoB for 3.11? It's advertised as 3.11, but PoB is made for 3.9

Let me fix the link, I thought I already replaced it.

Nothing has changed however in the tree.
The export is POB community fork version>

https://pastebin.com/sWNAWJ79L
Last edited by oestergreen on Jun 22, 2020, 3:23:58 PM
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
Bromeek wrote:

Let me fix the link, I thought I already replaced it.

Nothing has changed however in the tree.
The export is POB community fork version>

https://pastebin.com/Pj9vYAcb

my tree is different than this one lol
Thanks for your answers and for new POB, I'll switch to cluster traps to test !
That wand is incredible for 1 alch ...
"
TKz wrote:
Thanks for your answers and for new POB, I'll switch to cluster traps to test !
That wand is incredible for 1 alch ...

No worries:)

Of course, you'll have to decide on your own in the end, if you find strong cluster jewels and think they're worth investing into.

If so, you'd aim for the top cluster jewel socket.

In the lvl 100 build, i've pathed to it, but again - its a per-player-basis, depending on what you find and whats your early budget. If you go for a cluster jewel, then you'd remove the jewel socket on the left side of the skill tree to free up some points and potentially a couple of points from ES on the tree, depending how many passives you need/want to invest into the cluster jewel. So it also depends how early you go for a cluster jewel, in that case you gotta decide if you'll take passives from ES or DPS etc to allocate for the cluster jewel.

I've updated the lvl 100 tree to reflect which cluster jewel socket you'd aim for. If anything, it's fine using it as a regular gem socket until you could get a strong cluster jewel.

LvL 100 POB (community fork version)
https://pastebin.com/sWNAWJ79

Also remember when looking at the average hit dmg, this is PER lightning ball (nearly 500k) and you shoot 9 lightning balls PER trap and you shoot X amount of traps per throw (depending on gems & tree progress) (or you pre-trap up to 22 traps on the ground) --- hence why our burst DPS is absolutely nuts if you do the math while assuming just 5 balls will hit the boss from each trap, if you plant the traps somewhat on him --- thats 5 x 500k x amount of traps thrown per click. :)

Happy hunting

What links should I use on 5 link Shavs? I don't have pierce enchant.
"
Bromeek wrote:
What links should I use on 5 link Shavs? I don't have pierce enchant.

LT, Trap&Mine dmg, cluster traps, inspiration supp, lightning pen.

I'd forego using pierce gem and rather perhaps get a +1 pierce jewel in your tree. (you get one from act 5 i believe)

Last edited by oestergreen on Jun 22, 2020, 4:48:46 PM
After testing wave of conviction I came to the conclusion I didn't like that at all. So I went with lightning spire trap as secondary for single target help. Bought myself these beauties. Not cheap, but not that expensive either and they will last the whole league.

It's possible to take projectiles and get an easy +6 on the lightning trap itself. That seems like quite the option too. Didn't think of that before buying these.
Last edited by dommerick on Jun 22, 2020, 6:06:27 PM
Thanks for the help.

One more thing. How do you deal with mana problems? I got 3lvl clarity running but I get out of mana very fast.

Also how do you do bossing? Do you spam traps often, or are those traps overwriting existing ones, decreasing the DPS? It's my first trap build.

@edit: I managed to partially solve the problem by getting more mana regen nodes from tree, and items.
Last edited by Bromeek on Jun 23, 2020, 1:05:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info