[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Hello, in 3.11 both Lightning Trap and Ice Trap we're buffed. Which one do you think is the best option ? It'll be my first time playing traps anyway.

Thanks!
"
rmfaregonos wrote:
Hello, in 3.11 both Lightning Trap and Ice Trap we're buffed. Which one do you think is the best option ? It'll be my first time playing traps anyway.

Thanks!

I would recommend you stick with lightning trap if you are just starting with a trapper. Ice trap has a higher damage potential, but does not have the same clear, it requires better overall targeting and positioning as the AOE of ice trap is smaller. Both have advantages and disadvantages, but if you are just now starting with traps, I would say stick with lightning for a time.
Last edited by Nosferat on Jun 19, 2020, 11:44:29 AM
"
rmfaregonos wrote:

Thanks!

Definitely what Nosferat said :) You'll have (imo) a much better experience with the clearing ability of lightning trap. The screen-clear is really nice and helps make you safer.
I started a couple of hours late, but all is going great so far!
Just a 3 link is all it really takes ;P

No deaths so far, gonna try and keep it so all the way to maps aaaaaaand beyond! hah, we'll see. :)

just a 5min clip/vod of some early lightning trapper.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/656092771
Last edited by oestergreen on Jun 20, 2020, 1:15:49 AM
So far the build is starting to come together. My overly aggressive playstyle does not really fit the build and I've had quite the struggle during the campaign. Still puzzling what to do with lightning spire. It feels like it doesn't add much more. Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a wave of conviction in there?

Just switched to ci before being able to afford my shavs. Easily walking through t6 maps
"
dommerick wrote:
So far the build is starting to come together. My overly aggressive playstyle does not really fit the build and I've had quite the struggle during the campaign. Still puzzling what to do with lightning spire. It feels like it doesn't add much more. Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a wave of conviction in there?

Just switched to ci before being able to afford my shavs. Easily walking through t6 maps

I gotta admit, I'm ploughing through bosses I feel and often even forgetting about the spire traps. I'm only using a 4 link and that was only recently, before that I was on a 3 link lol (just tonight i got a corrupted 5L). The buffed Lightning trap damage is nice:)

As for spire vs conviction, I think you should test it, but generally I feel LST will still win out on damage, especially when you get better gear/weapon with lightning damage mods.

I decided to level this time entirely with ES nodes, aka following the tree directly, without making adjustments for life until switching to ES and yet I've only managed to die once, for a disconnect -.- I'm a slow leveler though to be fair, so i'm often a couple of levels up on the zone.
You'll definitely want the born in shadows uber lab ascendancy when playing really aggressively! hehe ;)

I'm also going CI, until I can grab a shavs bodyarmor, so thats basically the only skill-tree adjustment and it's an easy one since CI is just 2 points away:)

Some clips from Harvest league leveling (4 link LT and 3 link spire trap):

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/656311453?filter=archives&sort=time

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/656659921?filter=archives&sort=time
Last edited by oestergreen on Jun 21, 2020, 6:37:28 AM
Gear is getting together really well. It's cheap, but so far really effective. I have no worries that I'm easily able to reach t14 on this gear. Still I'm on the hunt for a shav's and presence of chayula so that I can low life.

Tree looks good overall. With the nerfs to clusters it's actually a blessing that this build does not focus on it. One of the stronger ones seems to be supercharge and guerilla tactics + surprise sabotage. Other options are looking at the crit cluster jewels for Precise commander + Precision Points.
But that will for sure be a later worry. For now it's just continuing on the mapping. The helmet is a very good option btw. Gave a lot of DPS and tankiness. The +3 pierce is really required to make it feel smooth during mapping.

Is stacking trap throwing speed worth it? With the ascendancy node Perfect Crime it seems that if I can throw in 3 cast between dodging that's a solid dps increase (24%). Besides that it's more throwing -> more dps if I understood correctly.
Last edited by dommerick on Jun 22, 2020, 9:27:13 AM
Bro, very nice build, i would like to try it, could u share the actuall POB please, coz i can't find it)
МОЛТЕН ШАРИК ВМЕСТО МОЗГА
Thank you oestergreen for this build, I started with it, it works quite well and is really fun to play !

I have a few questions however, as I'm quite a newbie and some mechanics eludes me :

Why "Cluster Traps" and not "Multiple Traps" ? On paper multiple traps seems stronger, but I probably missed something.

Why "Elemental Focus" on "Lightning Trap" ? Don't we rely on elemental ailment to increase damage massively ?

Can you release an updated POB file, or is there absolutely no change with 3.11 ?
Not OP, but can answer some parts. He is using skitterbots already for a perma shock effect of 18% more dmg. So that enables him to use Elemental Focus.

Cluster trap vs Multiple trap is unsure to me. Might be because the % difference is too small vs the better positioning of the traps. In theory you are right though. Even if you account for the max of 22 istead of 24 traps. I think it's an upgrade.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info