[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
dommerick wrote:

Gear seems fine. It's quite the damage, but really it feels slow compared to my last build and I certainly don't see it phasing shaper yet. 2 More guardians and I'm up to fight sirus for the first time.

Idk what was your last build, but I only let the twitch vods/clips speak, since with time I learnt that everyone has different experiences and feelings for the builds they play - which makes sense. :)

For comparison with what you want to compare with, what does your hideout tooltip say for lightning trap m8?
Mine is 96k in HO (DissentXTV character). (480k in pob per lightning ball)

edit: Wise oak is a really chunky dps boost also, but the HO 96k is of course without any flasks active.
Last edited by oestergreen on Jun 24, 2020, 11:25:54 AM
yeah I checked your pob since it's the char that was in the original PoB link. I'm not on that level of dmg, because of level and gear. But currently I'm half your dps so 50k hideout dps. Which is not bad, but not smooth for oneshotting guardians.

Going to do sirus AL5 now.

Hideout dps is blatantly wrong btw. Because the tooltip looks at cast speed. And from what I've found so far is that cast speed does not increase your dps
Last edited by dommerick on Jun 24, 2020, 5:46:46 PM
"
dommerick wrote:
yeah I checked your pob since it's the char that was in the original PoB link. I'm not on that level of dmg, because of level and gear. But currently I'm half your dps so 50k hideout dps. Which is not bad, but not smooth for oneshotting guardians.

Going to do sirus AL5 now.

Hideout dps is blatantly wrong btw. Because the tooltip looks at cast speed. And from what I've found so far is that cast speed does not increase your dps

Generally the ingame tooltips are very much off in POE as there are so many factors they don't count, luckily we got POB for that:)

But for comparing apples to apples, it's totally fine:) That's why I asked your HO tooltip dps, to compare with mine, it's accurate that way, as you guestimated you had half the power of the character in question and your HO tooltip reflects that.

OTT: I just lucked out doing chance orbs! Third try I landed a max resist shavs, so that'll speed me up from the first day I was offline(working).
I've played this build many leagues, so to freshen it up i've given myself the challenge that I stay deathless as far as possible into maps and the end-game:)
Just started mapping and I felt incredibly squishy. Often just got randomly one shotted. What should I do to beef my character up?
"
zerolifez wrote:
Just started mapping and I felt incredibly squishy. Often just got randomly one shotted. What should I do to beef my character up?

Your gear is extremely poor for someone who is going mapping m8:) But get your Ascendancies, at least the 3rd one. If you want some immediate survivability then change your last ascendancy points and get Pyromaniac. If you start with that ascendancy you are much more tanky (i'm myself so far deathless on this character at lvl 71 now)

Then when you get your 3rd ascendancy fixed you can choose if you feel you need DPS then re-pick the points you took away or if you want more survivability then go for born in the shadows.

Other than that ofc make sure you are resist-capped and always be throwing traps into packs before you dash into them - the lightning trap has very good screen clear which should help keep you safe, if you are making sure there's always traps flying ahead of your own movement path. Get a pierce jewel and add it somewhere on your tree if you don't got pierce anywhere else.

Last edited by oestergreen on Jun 25, 2020, 9:54:40 AM
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
zerolifez wrote:

Your gear is extremely poor for someone who is going mapping m8:) But get your Ascendancies, at least the 3rd one. If you want some immediate survivability then change your last ascendancy points and get Pyromaniac. If you start with that ascendancy you are much more tanky (i'm myself so far deathless on this character at lvl 71 now)

Then when you get your 3rd ascendancy fixed you can choose if you feel you need DPS then re-pick the points you took away or if you want more survivability then go for born in the shadows.

Other than that ofc make sure you are resist-capped and always be throwing traps into packs before you dash into them - the lightning trap has very good screen clear which should help keep you safe, if you are making sure there's always traps flying ahead of your own movement path. Get a pierce jewel and add it somewhere on your tree if you don't got pierce anywhere else.

I'm relatively new so I don't really know how to gear before maps. I already cap my resist and I try to have +ES or +Life on my gear. Can you tell me what's lacking and how can I patch that hole on my gear?
"
oestergreen wrote:

OTT: I just lucked out doing chance orbs! Third try I landed a max resist shavs, so that'll speed me up from the first day I was offline(working).

With 3 chance orb on an occultist vestment you got a shavs ??!
Or I did not understood maybe ?
"
TKz wrote:
"
oestergreen wrote:

You understood correctly ;P very lucky! 3 attempts only:)
ignore *double post*
Last edited by oestergreen on Jun 25, 2020, 5:41:19 PM
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
TKz wrote:
"
oestergreen wrote:

You understood correctly ;P very lucky! 3 attempts only:)

OMG.
I don't event want to look at the math.
Have fun with that ;)

On my side I got a nice wand for 2c :

Killed Kitava, but I'm nowhere near an Enlighten Support Gem (28c). I must do something wrong, I have like 17c ...

Still a very fun build though, even with only 4L and missing some auras.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info