[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

This is my first time using Creeping Frost and I love it. What a lovely skill this is. Leveling is going really smoothly so far. I am not even bothering with the mines. Just using Creeping Frost and Orb of Storms seems to handle things nicely where I am.
hello

how are we procing elemental overload with the setup
Orb of storm + Hextouch + Frostbite without inc crit strikes ?

The build is a blast, tanky, rolls through map with budget gear loving it so far.
Hi there!
I'm using this build in SSF Standard, and I'm wondering...
Now that the "Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill" crafted mod has a 8 second Cooldown, is it still viable/recommended?
What lab enchant for helm? Damage/Cooldown/Duration?
"
Kyronami wrote:
What lab enchant for helm? Damage/Cooldown/Duration?

The guide shows Vortex damage.
"
mementoludi wrote:
Hi there!
I'm using this build in SSF Standard, and I'm wondering...
Now that the "Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill" crafted mod has a 8 second Cooldown, is it still viable/recommended?

Check the first post in the thread. He has a section dedicated to this question. Look for the section labeled:

"My thoughts on the changes to "Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill:"
"
Check the first post in the thread. He has a section dedicated to this question

I missed it, thank you!
This is a serious noob question but I don't understand the combo of elemental focus + hypothermia. Where are we getting our chills from since everything is limited by EF? Don't we want some freezes for defense?
"
fnurt wrote:
This is a serious noob question but I don't understand the combo of elemental focus + hypothermia. Where are we getting our chills from since everything is limited by EF? Don't we want some freezes for defense?

Here is how I understand it.

1) You are correct in that Vortex will not chill enemies, due to Elemental Focus

2) Hypothermia however, only is concerned about enemies that have already been chilled. So hypothermia support in Vortex can benefit from anything that chill enemies besides Vortex.

3) In our build, Cold Snap provides the chill (via chilled ground) of which Vortex can then take advantage of via Hypothermia support, even though Vortex uses EF.

4) Take a look at the nodes Frigid Wake (in ascendency) and Finger of Frost (on main tree) to see some interactions we have between Chill and Freeze

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Apr 17, 2021, 7:55:32 PM
Hey I was trying to use your filter to get the proper gear to start doing maps but I get this error when I try to load it "Line 4872: Unable to parse parameter for BaseType rule: No base types found matching "Blood Magic Support". Is there an easy way to fix this? For context, I used the link in the section of 3B - 3.6 - Phase 1.
Last edited by jerrythc on Apr 17, 2021, 8:56:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info