[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

A big thank you to ShakCentral for creating this guide and to everyone for contributing to this thread! The build is coming along relatively well: I can handle a decent amount of content, though I suspect that I might struggle a tad with some of the more difficult Maven invitations, in part due to survivability issues and a dodgy laptop. The damage stands at around 2.8m DPS according to PoB, with the last two boxes checked.

I suspect the next natural upgrade would be a +2 Shav, followed by a Malevolence Watcher’s Eye, then a better Wand. After that, based on the approach many here—including donbrawler—have taken, I would probably transition to using a rare Amulet. What I am not sure about is whether, and to what extent, I can do something before/alongside that with my passive tree and Cluster Jewels that would complement this build. I can probably scrape together about 20 EX for now. Does anyone have any ideas?

https://pastebin.com/UzTds6PZ

P.S. -- The Cobalt Jewel is just there for the Corrupted Blood; I will replace it at some point.
"
BigJules wrote:
"
lvhurricane wrote:
I'm running CI and I'm kind of stuck scaling my DoT DPS (616k). I have a few ex to buy new gear but no idea where I fall short. Could you look at my build and tell me the most glaring issue with gear or otherwise, please?

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/XBqvvhiH

Been there :)

missing frost bomb from the wand - the cold resistance reduction really helps. Move Frostbite to the gloves instead of Vaal RF and add blasphemy instead of Vaal Discipline, so it will apply as an aura. You already have enlighten 3 so you will have enough mana for it. Move Vaal Discipline somewhere else (one of the flame dash supports normally).

Also make sure you have the right options set up in the POB config. check "enemy was hit by light. damage" and "ignore skill hit damage" to simulate the impact of lightning hits on EE. Also select "Sirus" as the target to evaluate damage against bosses with higher resists, rather than trash.

After the FB change, my next best improvement was Mark of the Shaper + elder ring. and after that I'm guessing you can do a better wand by getting a fractured +1 to cold skill gems and using a deafening essence of woe on it, as donbrawler mentioned several pages back. My CI damage on Sirus topped out at around 1.3M and then I switched to LL and still working on that. the good news is that all those changes will also help in LL for a while until you outgrow them.

GL

Very insightful. I appreciate you taking the time to give some suggestions!
"
Elenchos wrote:
A big thank you to ShakCentral for creating this guide and to everyone for contributing to this thread! The build is coming along relatively well: I can handle a decent amount of content, though I suspect that I might struggle a tad with some of the more difficult Maven invitations, in part due to survivability issues and a dodgy laptop. The damage stands at around 2.8m DPS according to PoB, with the last two boxes checked.

I suspect the next natural upgrade would be a +2 Shav, followed by a Malevolence Watcher’s Eye, then a better Wand. After that, based on the approach many here—including donbrawler—have taken, I would probably transition to using a rare Amulet. What I am not sure about is whether, and to what extent, I can do something before/alongside that with my passive tree and Cluster Jewels that would complement this build. I can probably scrape together about 20 EX for now. Does anyone have any ideas?

https://pastebin.com/UzTds6PZ

P.S. -- The Cobalt Jewel is just there for the Corrupted Blood; I will replace it at some point.

You are incredibly close to my current setup with most of the gear, DPS and even the same budget for the next upgrade :D Watcher's Eye would only add around 100k to my DPS according to PoB and for the 10+ ex price, I don't feel it's worth it at this point. I would like to focus on the defenses now, 7.5k ES doesn't feel too great. Instead of amulet, I have been considering changing helmet to something that can provide more ES and ideally minus cold resistance. But I have not done the math yet to see how much of a difference that would be.

Anyway, thank you for this question. Anyone responding to you will help me too. :)
Last edited by deimoss98 on Feb 25, 2021, 8:21:59 AM
Hey, I was wondering if there is a post on how to craft a +2 wand (not starting with a fractured +1 mod!), similar to this +2 amulet post from donbrawler?

(I added a spoiler tag to make it shorter)
"
donbrawler wrote:
HOW TO CRAFT A DOUBLE INFLUENCE AMULET CHEAPER THAN TRADE

Spoiler

Currency and Items you will need for less than 10ex

Awakeners Orb (5ex Cost)

Buy any ilvl 85 Citrine Amulet with Hunter influence. This will be your base Amulet. (20-25 Chaos)

Buy any ilvl 82 Redeemer Amulet with +1 to Cold from trade (5-30 Chaos)

Buy 500-1000 Alterations if you don't have them (100-200 Chaos price keeps going up)

Steps on how to start crafting

1. Take your Hunter Influence amulet and alteration spam until you get +1 to Intelligence skill gems or just buy one for 3ex your choice.

2. Make sure both of your amulets only have one influence modifier I suggested above. This guarantees when you use Awakeners Orb you will have both + 1 to Intelligence and + 1 to Cold on your Citrine Amulet.

3. Right click the Awakeners Orb > Left click the Redeemers Amulet with + 1 to Cold > Left Click Hunters Citrine Amulet.

4. You should now have a ilvl 85 Double Influence Citrine Amulet with + 1 to cold and +1 to int.

5. The Awakeners Orb rerolled all of the stats on the amulet. So here is where you need to learn about tags because you might have some crappy suffix's or one prefix you don't want. As long as the suffix or prefix have tags that I will list below. They can be removed with harvest crafts. So don't worry we can fix it.

Tags that can be removed
Fire, Lightning, Attack, Critical, Physical, Caster, Defense, Life, Speed and Chaos (Notice I didn't put Cold, This can be tricky to remove since + 1 to cold can be removed using this tag. So if you run into situation where you need to remove cold send me a PM and I try to help you block from removing your + 1 to Cold.

Here is what my Amulet looked like after used the Awakeners orb

Adds (1-2) to (27-28) Lightning Damage to Attacks (Prefix)
+1 to Level of all Cold Skill Gems (Prefix)
+1 to Level of all Intelligence Skill Gems (Prefix)
13% increased Fire Damage (Suffix)
24% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier (Suffix)

8. I had remove Lightning and Fire in my Horticraft station already so I was able to remove those modifiers right away.

9. Now I have amulet that looks like this.

10. I bench Crafted 20% increased maximum Energy Shield. So now it looks like

15-20)% increased maximum Energy Shield (Prefix)

11. I farmed Harvest for 2 days trying to get Remove Critical but I never got it.

12. CAUTION THIS STEP IS NOT FOR BEGINNERS (Please ask questions if your not comfortable at this step)

This step should only be used if your comfortable with crafting. It can be used multiple times to get good suffix's without farming a ton of Augments, Removes, and Add crafts.

13. Before doing this step make sure the Prefix's are full and are the stats you want like above if preferred. Otherwise the craft will add a prefix if not full. Use Harvest craft "Reforge Rare Keeping All prefix's". It took me 5 crafts to get a good outcome.

13. Now the harvest Craft rerolled all of the suffix's and keep the prefix's intact. So it looks like this now.

+47 to Intelligence
+30% Chaos Resistance

14. I wanted + Intelligence and Chaos Res so I am happy with this outcome. But I am still missing +16% to Cold Dot Multi.

15. Augment Cold (It will either hit Cold Res, Cold Damage or Cold Dot Multi)

16. If the Augment hits Cold resistance or Cold damage. I will need to Remove Chaos > Replace Bench Craft with "Prefix Cannot be changed" > Add Remove Cold till I get T1 Cold Dot Multi > Replace Bench Craft with 20% increased maximum Energy Shield again > Augment Chaos and Remove/ADD till I get T1 Chaos Resistance.

Final outcome
20% increased maximum Energy Shield (Prefix)
+47 to Intelligence (Suffix)
+35% Chaos Resistance (Suffix)
+16% to Cold Damage Over time Multiplier (Suffix)
IGN: RachelSuperCasual (Torment)
RachelShockerina (Rampage - retired)
RachelElysia (Ambush - retired)
LadyVinara (Nemesis - retired)
"
devynee wrote:
Hey, I was wondering if there is a post on how to craft a +2 wand (not starting with a fractured +1 mod!), similar to this +2 amulet post from donbrawler?

(I added a spoiler tag to make it shorter)
"
donbrawler wrote:
HOW TO CRAFT A DOUBLE INFLUENCE AMULET CHEAPER THAN TRADE

Spoiler

Currency and Items you will need for less than 10ex

Awakeners Orb (5ex Cost)

Buy any ilvl 85 Citrine Amulet with Hunter influence. This will be your base Amulet. (20-25 Chaos)

Buy any ilvl 82 Redeemer Amulet with +1 to Cold from trade (5-30 Chaos)

Buy 500-1000 Alterations if you don't have them (100-200 Chaos price keeps going up)

Steps on how to start crafting

1. Take your Hunter Influence amulet and alteration spam until you get +1 to Intelligence skill gems or just buy one for 3ex your choice.

2. Make sure both of your amulets only have one influence modifier I suggested above. This guarantees when you use Awakeners Orb you will have both + 1 to Intelligence and + 1 to Cold on your Citrine Amulet.

3. Right click the Awakeners Orb > Left click the Redeemers Amulet with + 1 to Cold > Left Click Hunters Citrine Amulet.

4. You should now have a ilvl 85 Double Influence Citrine Amulet with + 1 to cold and +1 to int.

5. The Awakeners Orb rerolled all of the stats on the amulet. So here is where you need to learn about tags because you might have some crappy suffix's or one prefix you don't want. As long as the suffix or prefix have tags that I will list below. They can be removed with harvest crafts. So don't worry we can fix it.

Tags that can be removed
Fire, Lightning, Attack, Critical, Physical, Caster, Defense, Life, Speed and Chaos (Notice I didn't put Cold, This can be tricky to remove since + 1 to cold can be removed using this tag. So if you run into situation where you need to remove cold send me a PM and I try to help you block from removing your + 1 to Cold.

Here is what my Amulet looked like after used the Awakeners orb

Adds (1-2) to (27-28) Lightning Damage to Attacks (Prefix)
13% increased Fire Damage (Suffix)

8. I had remove Lightning and Fire in my Horticraft station already so I was able to remove those modifiers right away.

9. Now I have amulet that looks like this.

10. I bench Crafted 20% increased maximum Energy Shield. So now it looks like

11. I farmed Harvest for 2 days trying to get Remove Critical but I never got it.

12. CAUTION THIS STEP IS NOT FOR BEGINNERS (Please ask questions if your not comfortable at this step)

This step should only be used if your comfortable with crafting. It can be used multiple times to get good suffix's without farming a ton of Augments, Removes, and Add crafts.

13. Before doing this step make sure the Prefix's are full and are the stats you want like above if preferred. Otherwise the craft will add a prefix if not full. Use Harvest craft "Reforge Rare Keeping All prefix's". It took me 5 crafts to get a good outcome.

13. Now the harvest Craft rerolled all of the suffix's and keep the prefix's intact. So it looks like this now.

+47 to Intelligence
+30% Chaos Resistance

14. I wanted + Intelligence and Chaos Res so I am happy with this outcome. But I am still missing +16% to Cold Dot Multi.

15. Augment Cold (It will either hit Cold Res, Cold Damage or Cold Dot Multi)

16. If the Augment hits Cold resistance or Cold damage. I will need to Remove Chaos > Replace Bench Craft with "Prefix Cannot be changed" > Add Remove Cold till I get T1 Cold Dot Multi > Replace Bench Craft with 20% increased maximum Energy Shield again > Augment Chaos and Remove/ADD till I get T1 Chaos Resistance.

Final outcome
20% increased maximum Energy Shield (Prefix)
+47 to Intelligence (Suffix)
+35% Chaos Resistance (Suffix)
+16% to Cold Damage Over time Multiplier (Suffix)

Very unlikely you'd be able to do it from scratch without insane luck or a lot of currency. Craft of Exile puts +1 cold and +1 spell at almost 1100 tries of 4 fossil resonators (Aberrant, Faceted, Jagged, Metallic).
How can I maintain the stun immunity when replacing Chayula with rare amulet>
"
Grooooszek wrote:
How can I maintain the stun immunity when replacing Chayula with rare amulet>

You spec out of Malediction (costs 10 regrets) and spec in Vile Bastion.

If you like to use 2 curses, you travel to Whispers of Doom on the tree.
Guys do you have any useful guide on crafting wand for this build? :)
"
Grooooszek wrote:
Guys do you have any useful guide on crafting wand for this build? :)

There is no easy and cheap way to craft a good wand. Best is to go through fractured mods so you can block one good prefix (+1 all skill / +1 all spell skill / T1 cold dot multi / T1 spell damage / T1 cold damage), then chaos spams or fossil crafts to get a second good prefix and then works with harvest to get a third prefix.

If your fractured mod is not spell damage nor cold damage, you can use essence to get a good spell damage roll guaranteed and hope for another good mod.

But whatever the method you choose it's gonna be long and expensive.
Unless you want an influenced wand then your best bet is to make or buy a wand with +1 to all spells fractured. Quality it to 30% and white socket it. Then spam it with Frigid fossils.

If you're looking for +1 cold then this actually shouldn't take too long - can expect to see it within 35 fossils. But as you need it without the cold damage to spells and mana prefixes there's a chance you'll have to roll over a hit. The main problem with cold is that you can't block enough stuff to make add/remove cold a reasonable thing to do to find +1 cold spells, even with cannot roll attack/caster, unless you have a lot of patience and currency. But if you then clean up the other affixes with harvest you end up with a pretty cheap and nice wand: +1 spells, +1 cold, multimod cold mult and trigger spell(for a bit more currency you can first craft prefixes cannot be changed and add/rem cold until you hit a cold damage suffix and then multi mod).

If you're looking for +1 cold spells and t2+ cold multi then you're looking at spending 100-200ex on fossils. If you do somehow hit that, then you have solved prefixes and can reroll suffixes until you hit a high damage over time multi. GG. There's probably a ton of better things to spend money on.

Last edited by EsperP on Feb 26, 2021, 2:43:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info