[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

I got my first ever Awakening orb! I am trying to craft the amulet in SSF now. It ended up like this:

44 intelligence
7% spell damage
15% global crit multi
+1 cold gems
+1 int gems

What should I do now? Craft "Prefixes can't be changed", then scour, then remove the low spell damage roll with harvest?

Thanks in advance.
"
Linw3 wrote:
I got my first ever Awakening orb! I am trying to craft the amulet in SSF now. It ended up like this:

44 intelligence
7% spell damage
15% global crit multi
+1 cold gems
+1 int gems

What should I do now? Craft "Prefixes can't be changed", then scour, then remove the low spell damage roll with harvest?

Thanks in advance.

I'd leave the spell damage while you craft the rest of it. Otherwise if you have an open prefix when you do all your Aug colds, you'll get cold damage to attacks. Not a big deal if you do, but it's another craft you'll have to use.
"
omglapizza wrote:
"
Linw3 wrote:

44 intelligence
7% spell damage
15% global crit multi
+1 cold gems
+1 int gems

Thanks in advance.

I'd leave the spell damage while you craft the rest of it. Otherwise if you have an open prefix when you do all your Aug colds, you'll get cold damage to attacks. Not a big deal if you do, but it's another craft you'll have to use.

Good point. So the "suffixes cannot be changed" and scour part is correct then. After that, slam cold with harvest, and then see what happens from there?
I assume:

prefixes:
- +1 cold gems
- +1 int gems
- 7% spell damage

suffixes:
- 44 intelligence
- 15% global crit multi

I would:
- bench craft prefix can't be changed
- scour
- bench craft cold resist
- harvest aug cold 2x for guarantee inc cold dmg and t1 or t2 cdot

Alternatively and potentially cheaper:
- harvest "keep prefixes reforge suffixes" until workable suffixes (ideally cold resist and empty x2)
"
Linw3 wrote:
"
omglapizza wrote:
"
Linw3 wrote:

44 intelligence
7% spell damage
15% global crit multi
+1 cold gems
+1 int gems

Thanks in advance.

Good point. So the "suffixes cannot be changed" and scour part is correct then. After that, slam cold with harvest, and then see what happens from there?

"PREFIXES cannot be changed" and scour. don't mess it up ;)

Then it's up to you, if you want cold damage or not in your amulet at the end.

If you want it, then bench craft %cold resist and augment cold with harvest (twice to get Cold DOT Multi and Cold Damage)
If you don't want it, then bench craft cold damage and augment cold with harvest (you'll probably hit % cold res the first time, so augment a second time to get Cold DOT multi). Then swap the cold resist to any other elem to remove it or to rem/add until you got a high tier.

(With the second method, if you don't hit T1 for cold DOT multi the first time, you can also use the swap resist to anything but cold, remove cold (to get rid of cold DOT multi), swap resist back to cold, augment cold again... But if you are in SSF you probably don't want to do that :D)
Thanks a lot for the help. Scoured the amulet without destroying it, crafted cold res and farmed one "add cold" harvest so far. Will report with the result after I am done with that.

Another thing I need to craft is a decent wand, and oh boy, do those have a LOT of mods they can roll! How would you guys approach a wand craft as SSF? I was thinking using an Ilvl 84 Opal Wand and single "more cold affixes" fossils. Or maybe I should go for the good old alteration spam for 2 good mods? Maybe that can get me something I can work with by multimodding after?

Oh, I have an Opal wand base that I used the harvest craft that fractures a mod on it, and it fractured the "20% cold dmg multi" craft that I put on it to get the 5 mods it asked for, missing the Essence of Woe spell damage that I hoped to fracture. Is it any good as a base, or I should just stick to a plain Opal Wand?
"
Linw3 wrote:
Thanks a lot for the help. Scoured the amulet without destroying it, crafted cold res and farmed one "add cold" harvest so far. Will report with the result after I am done with that.

Another thing I need to craft is a decent wand, and oh boy, do those have a LOT of mods they can roll! How would you guys approach a wand craft as SSF? I was thinking using an Ilvl 84 Opal Wand and single "more cold affixes" fossils. Or maybe I should go for the good old alteration spam for 2 good mods? Maybe that can get me something I can work with by multimodding after?

Oh, I have an Opal wand base that I used the harvest craft that fractures a mod on it, and it fractured the "20% cold dmg multi" craft that I put on it to get the 5 mods it asked for, missing the Essence of Woe spell damage that I hoped to fracture. Is it any good as a base, or I should just stick to a plain Opal Wand?

I think getting that crafted mod fractured really limits your options on that base. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can bench anything else (including multimod) since it technically already has one crafted modifier on it. You can probably keep spamming Woe or Fossils in hopes of hitting good modifiers.
damn
you guys have epic gear...
"
lvhurricane wrote:
I'm running CI and I'm kind of stuck scaling my DoT DPS (616k). I have a few ex to buy new gear but no idea where I fall short. Could you look at my build and tell me the most glaring issue with gear or otherwise, please?

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/XBqvvhiH

Been there :)

missing frost bomb from the wand - the cold resistance reduction really helps. Move Frostbite to the gloves instead of Vaal RF and add blasphemy instead of Vaal Discipline, so it will apply as an aura. You already have enlighten 3 so you will have enough mana for it. Move Vaal Discipline somewhere else (one of the flame dash supports normally).

Also make sure you have the right options set up in the POB config. check "enemy was hit by light. damage" and "ignore skill hit damage" to simulate the impact of lightning hits on EE. Also select "Sirus" as the target to evaluate damage against bosses with higher resists, rather than trash.

After the FB change, my next best improvement was Mark of the Shaper + elder ring. and after that I'm guessing you can do a better wand by getting a fractured +1 to cold skill gems and using a deafening essence of woe on it, as donbrawler mentioned several pages back. My CI damage on Sirus topped out at around 1.3M and then I switched to LL and still working on that. the good news is that all those changes will also help in LL for a while until you outgrow them.

GL
so i have a question,does harvest respect mods,for example will prefixes/suffixes can not be changed prevent harvest from removing pre/suffixes.(ask as i've seen many give conflicting responses)
Last edited by Valkirth on Feb 23, 2021, 3:15:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info