[3.13] Raikudou's CoC Ice Nova Assassin (3M+ DPS)

"
"
Diane_Evans wrote:
Dying a lot, any idea on how to prevent that? I suck at theorycrafting.

https://pastebin.com/DGg4naE5

Hard to tell, you got alot of Ehp, are you getting oneshotted?

You can try change setup on cospri -> 1# Life Leech+icenova+w/e | 2# CoH+Enfeeble+frostbolt.

Make sure you have Soul of Lunaris with all bonuses, with Soul of Shakari 2nd

We can also use Vaal grace for meta/bosses.
Or get evasion + dodge flask instead of diamond / atziri

If you are just dying in lets say long fights, you can run some cwdt setup wth steelskin, IC , ID.

Just few ideas.

But i dont understand the tailwind on your boots, it just increase your aps above 8, which fuck up your ice nova dmg

I run tailwind boots while mapping and change it for vortex+bonechill+unbound ailments+hypothermia for bosses on another pair.

I get oneshot sometimes, but I usually don't struggle with bosses. Beyond kills me a lot, which is a shame, because I love running it.
Last edited by Diane_Evans on Feb 21, 2020, 9:37:58 PM
IS the new Awakened CoC going to increase my DPS if i get one, currently have 12% recovery on my belt only, 2 cospri's 13+14% attack speed and 10% attack speed from the helm. Will i see 9exalts of benefit investing in this gem?

Trying to up my DPS because i on packs its great but anything tanky i feel i could be doing a lot more DPS tbh. Thanks!

Also i have withering step in my helmet but tbh i've now just linked it to my CoDT with immortal and wave because why not? Seems to proc often enough and i use flame dash to get out of trouble (or sometimes into trouble xD).

My main problem is getting one shot, which happens just a TAD more regular than i'd like, especially on some bosses and occasionally meta's. Most metas i can dodge but theres just one or two that faceplant me and id love to push past the on shot meta if possible i love the playstyle of the build, i dont mind geting one shot if i didnt dodge but sometimes, well, it doesnt matter what i do i die and thats what i would love to try and get enough dps or defense for either kill them faster or mitigate some damage i guess...

Here is my pastebin, i crafted the gloves and the elder ring myself, i was trying for a shaper/elder ring but rolled the stat you see and although i know its probably not the best ring out there at the time it seemed workable. I was chasing HP. Now i'm 5.9k and still getting one shots just that bit too often or is this just going to be this way so the build isn't OP? Hpw viable is running a shield and one cospri and would it really make that much impact if the fights are that much longer?

https://pastebin.com/dyjkuU1Q

edit - i just did invest in 21/23 icenova that you wont see in that PoB just saying thanks
Last edited by hardmuncle on Feb 23, 2020, 2:05:39 AM
"
hardmuncle wrote:
IS the new Awakened CoC going to increase my DPS if i get one, currently have 12% recovery on my belt only, 2 cospri's 13+14% attack speed and 10% attack speed from the helm. Will i see 9exalts of benefit investing in this gem?

Trying to up my DPS because i on packs its great but anything tanky i feel i could be doing a lot more DPS tbh. Thanks!

Also i have withering step in my helmet but tbh i've now just linked it to my CoDT with immortal and wave because why not? Seems to proc often enough and i use flame dash to get out of trouble (or sometimes into trouble xD).

My main problem is getting one shot, which happens just a TAD more regular than i'd like, especially on some bosses and occasionally meta's. Most metas i can dodge but theres just one or two that faceplant me and id love to push past the on shot meta if possible i love the playstyle of the build, i dont mind geting one shot if i didnt dodge but sometimes, well, it doesnt matter what i do i die and thats what i would love to try and get enough dps or defense for either kill them faster or mitigate some damage i guess...

Here is my pastebin, i crafted the gloves and the elder ring myself, i was trying for a shaper/elder ring but rolled the stat you see and although i know its probably not the best ring out there at the time it seemed workable. I was chasing HP. Now i'm 5.9k and still getting one shots just that bit too often or is this just going to be this way so the build isn't OP? Hpw viable is running a shield and one cospri and would it really make that much impact if the fights are that much longer?

edit - i just did invest in 21/23 icenova that you wont see in that PoB just saying thanks

The woke CoC with gem level atleast 3, let us drop CRS on belt, and go for stygian with nice dmg and also jewel. Or you can try to achive 52CRS with 10 APS.

Your current problem is that you have 12CRS which well gives you nothing, it is as same as you would have 0CRS.

I see you are looking for crit chance on your jewels, i dont think it is good idea as you reach 100CRit for cyclone and ice nova without it, i unchecked those jewels in pob and still got 100%crit. Try to look for more multi on them or damage as crit chance gives you nothing at this point.

Gems -> you reach 100% crit so drop inspiration for Concetrated effect -> 50k more damage per ice nova. I would keep arcane surge at level 7 so we have it constanlty after every cast of flame dash. Why are you not running golem??
flame dash + faster casting + arcane surge lvl7 + golem.

Also consider using vaal RF for bosses it is free 30% more spell damage.

Items-> Your helmet mess up your APS, as with it You have 8.1 APS and we should aim for 7.5, I would try to get nice rare helmet with -Cold resist and nice enchant like ice nova dmg.

Your tree. I think we can make some changes to it.

1. Get heartseeker it is 30Crit multi, and we are playing crit build it is huge.

2.I would drop melding it is 15% life for 4 points, i don't think it is good enough, you don't have much ES to make out for it. Instead get 2 x 5% life nodes and have 2 more points. Go for arcane Potency, it grants us 45 multi.
Drop damage,area and projectile speed, and get recourcefulnes from right side, so we get 1 more point. Also drop frost walker so we can get enough points.

Bandits. I think alira is still better than 2 points but it is up to you.

"
"
hardmuncle wrote:

The woke CoC with gem level atleast 3, let us drop CRS on belt, and go for stygian with nice dmg and also jewel. Or you can try to achive 52CRS with 10 APS.

Your current problem is that you have 12CRS which well gives you nothing, it is as same as you would have 0CRS.

I see you are looking for crit chance on your jewels, i dont think it is good idea as you reach 100CRit for cyclone and ice nova without it, i unchecked those jewels in pob and still got 100%crit. Try to look for more multi on them or damage as crit chance gives you nothing at this point.

Gems -> you reach 100% crit so drop inspiration for Concetrated effect -> 50k more damage per ice nova. I would keep arcane surge at level 7 so we have it constanlty after every cast of flame dash. Why are you not running golem??
flame dash + faster casting + arcane surge lvl7 + golem.

Also consider using vaal RF for bosses it is free 30% more spell damage.

Items-> Your helmet mess up your APS, as with it You have 8.1 APS and we should aim for 7.5, I would try to get nice rare helmet with -Cold resist and nice enchant like ice nova dmg.

Your tree. I think we can make some changes to it.

1. Get heartseeker it is 30Crit multi, and we are playing crit build it is huge.

2.I would drop melding it is 15% life for 4 points, i don't think it is good enough, you don't have much ES to make out for it. Instead get 2 x 5% life nodes and have 2 more points. Go for arcane Potency, it grants us 45 multi.
Drop damage,area and projectile speed, and get recourcefulnes from right side, so we get 1 more point. Also drop frost walker so we can get enough points.

Bandits. I think alira is still better than 2 points but it is up to you.

Hi thanks! Great tips mate! I had a quick look at your build too, at first i had some slight mana problems but i changed a couple of things around copied your take on the CoC in your tree a little bit and put in Vaal RF and things are much better now, i have the DPS i was lacking to kill things quickly enough before the incoming one shot hits, in most fights, beyonds and bosses go down a lot easier. Appreciated taking the time to look over my build!

Ah now i'm running into some mana issues, is the best course of action to lose some hp? (im at 5.7k atm) and go for mana drinker? Do you guys take mana drinker?

Going to try it leaves me down at 5.5 though not sure i can go that low hp and not be dead to ton more one shots :/ This is a difficult build to get right!
Last edited by hardmuncle on Feb 23, 2020, 11:38:28 PM
Hi,

I just want to thank you for sharing your build, it is pretty awesome!

I have to say I modified it just a slight bit, this is super huge in terms of DPS!

Here is my gear:

Spoiler

I am very proud of the belt (self-crafted) and of the ring (what do you think)

This is standard, though

Edit: Wouldnt it increase our DPS further when we soc a 3rd ice nova in the off-hand cospris?
Last edited by Barn3y_Gumble on Feb 24, 2020, 4:00:35 AM
Does anyone run, or have a link to a end-game version of the build? I have about 415ex to spend. I think most of the build will be fairly similar with dual cospri's and pandemonius. More specifically, I'm having trouble picking the best chest for that type of build (i.e. rare with explodey/crit/curse, farrul's fur or carcass jack) and helm (devoto's or rare with ele damage + -9% cold res)?

Any other tips, particularly on gloves would be helpful too. Thanks!
"
BrettLee wrote:
Does anyone run, or have a link to a end-game version of the build? I have about 415ex to spend. I think most of the build will be fairly similar with dual cospri's and pandemonius. More specifically, I'm having trouble picking the best chest for that type of build (i.e. rare with explodey/crit/curse, farrul's fur or carcass jack) and helm (devoto's or rare with ele damage + -9% cold res)?

Any other tips, particularly on gloves would be helpful too. Thanks!

So, maybe I can give a bit of input:

A chest with base crit / Flat Life / %Life and Explode will take you to another level - you can skip the explode, to make it less expensive

Dual Cospris and Pandemoius are BIS, so no change here :D

And for the helm, I think this is depending on your glove / Boots choice:

> 2 Abys Soc Burbonics are pretty OP - but no resist
> Atziri's Acuity are imo BIS for gloves - the doubled life leech per second feels so amazingly nice
> Helmet I would say go for Devotos if you prefer the MS speed, but else a rare one with pretty expensive 40% nova damage would suite

Combine those options in order to adjust your resistances. Especially on the chest you can spend a huge amount

Edit: Further comments on the chest: Imo do not use Farrul's - the AS which you sometimes get / sometimes not will make your DPS unstable.
Carcass is a fairly cheap option, and overall a great chest. If you want to take it to maximum, maybe a +1 carcass? Nice DPS increase for your 21/20 nova gems
Last edited by Barn3y_Gumble on Feb 24, 2020, 9:24:50 AM
No one else get mana issues where after some sustained DPS the build starts to stagger?

I have mana drinker atm anyone else ha to invest points here to get around it?
"
hardmuncle wrote:
No one else get mana issues where after some sustained DPS the build starts to stagger?

I have mana drinker atm anyone else ha to invest points here to get around it?

srsly I got no issues with mana. Even without mana drinker i just don't ran out of mana.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info