[3.13] Raikudou's CoC Ice Nova Assassin (3M+ DPS)

I have problems withe the last lab. I try it several times, but i die frequently.

Any tipps?
Do you use innervate in your boots because of the modifier on your gloves? If so what can I replace it with as I have the "increased damage with hits against chilled enemies" modifier.
Spoiler
"
Raikudou wrote:
"
tg08096 wrote:
You know, I'm just gonna go ahead and say it, because it needs to be said. This obsession with 14% CDR/7.5 or 15 APS is complete bullshit.

First of all, it assumes that you have both 100% chance to hit and 100% crit chance. If you don't have 100% crit chance and/or chance to hit, then the whole thing becomes irrelevant.

What's worse is that our crit chance goes up and down depending on charges and recent kills. THAT means that our crit chance is going to go down during prolonged boss fights, which are the only time we would really benefit from our crit chance being 100% (which it never will).

Secondly, 150 millisecond this, 165 millisecond that, I'm calling BS on that too. This assumes that there is no latency, right? Latency will increase the time between server/crit checks, would it not? If I am correct on #2 here, then it means 2 things - the higher the CDR, the better (not "past 14% offers no add'l benefit"); and it doesn't matter all that much because no matter what you do, your crit intervals are not going to be perfect, ever.

If I'm wrong then please go ahead and tell me how I'm wrong, but don't just tell me that this equals that because some A-hole on the internet said so and did "all this math stuff" to prove it.

It all sounds good in theory, but it just doesn't hold up in reality. Much like PoB if we're gonna be honest.

My advice - if you have CDR great, if not, don't worry about it, the more APS you have the better, regardless of whether one or two cospris.

7.5 APS with 14% CDR is a straight up 30% more DPS multiplier.

Getting to 100% hit chance is so easy after the recent accuracy changes and also doable with this build. Im near 75% Crit Chance with everything up and that doesn't even include the Diamond Flask calculation. Also with Explodi + Base crit Chests being so easy to craft these days you can basically reach near 100% Crit Chance.

At this point im gonna stop reading your comment since you don't even know we can keep up Power Charges in Boss fights without any on kill effects. We are literally attacking 7+ times a second and the Power Charges last 14 seconds. Im sure in 100+ hits during those 14 seconds you will refresh the duration at least once before your Power Charges expire.

"
20% chance to gain a Power Charge on Non-Critical Strike
10% chance to gain a Power Charge on Critical Strike

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Assassin

You seem to have a grudge towards proven facts and numbers without any base knowledge about basic mechanics or having done any actual research of your own. Im always welcoming feedback good or bad, but your comment really itched me the wrong way.

Nope, you don't get to do that. You seem to be getting awfully defensive about my disputing a theory (not a fact) that isn't even your theory.

Before I say anything else, allow me to correct my previous errors:
Spoiler

I said that our crit chance goes up and down depending on charges and recent kills. That was incorrect. Our Crit stays constant.

I said that latency will increase the time between server/crit checks, effectively making the calculations meaningless. According to testing done while formulating the original theory, it was determined that latency does not impact the calculation. Let's just agree to assume this is correct.

Sources of APS/CRS theory(ever hear of those?):
Spoiler
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9intc4/poets_pens_cooldowns_and_server_tick_rates/
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9i8lrz/poets_pen_attackspeedtriggerspeed_testing_with_10/
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/8z83tk/poets_pen_aps_breakpoints/
https://imgur.com/nZXHI3D
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ab2g9n/updated_cyclone_coc_discharge_proc_rate_now_with/

Furthermore, as Gaardean stated:

The above seems to apply specifically to Lockstep Mode. I decided to try Predictive mode at doorholder1's suggestion and I get skipped casts constantly unless my attack speed is a full tick (0.033s) slower than my cooldown breakpoint.

Hmm, might wanna mention that in the guide.

"
You seem to have a grudge towards proven facts and numbers without any base knowledge about basic mechanics or having done any actual research of your own.

I don't have a grudge toward proven facts and numbers. I have a grudge against taking a theory, claiming it to be fact, and then completely ignoring the fact that the entire theory is contingent upon you having 100% Crit chance. Not 75%. Not 81%. Not 95% plus a diamond flask. 100%. If you don't have 100% crit, you don't have to obsess over 14% cooldown recovery speed.

I have:

Single Cospri's Malice
80.93 crit chance
11.05 APS
95% CtH, but let's assume that it's 100%
0% CDR/CRS

Your claim, based on a theory that you don't even seem to completely understand yourself, is that I would get more DPS if I had:

Single Cospri's Malice
80.93 crit chance
7.49 APS
100% CtH
14% CDR/CRS

Nope. You can't prove it and you won't even try. Nope. Now don't get me wrong - once I get 2x Cospri's and 100% crit, I'm getting that belt, because the theory is sound once you reach 100% Crit.

14% CDR is not, however, a priority over 100% CtH, 100% crit, life, res, attack speed if not 100% crit, and anything else that gives QoL over a 14% CDR belt that you don't even need until after you reach 100% Crit+CtH.

That, in my opinion, is a correct statement and your guide should reflect that.

Also look into lockstep. IIRC, predictive is the default, and a lot of these players following your guide would benefit by switching to Lockstep (Many probably don't even know what that means). Definitely needs a mention in the guide.

You might want to make mention of the fact that we really don't have defense from physical spells (outside of not being hit by them). They hurt, and they explain a lot of that "WTF was that" type dying that occurs with this build.
So I read this guide and the build seems pretty fun.
Curently lvl 70 with orb of storms and tabula and starting to transitioning to CoC ice nova.
Already have one cospris and the 6L chest.

There are several things that maybe were answered in the comments, but nobody got time to read through 47 pages, so excuse me if my questions were answered already.

First off, why is the build tree still on 3.8?
Why are there empty jewel sockets? (I assume timeless jewels, but I didnt see them mention anywhere in the build)
If so, which ones?

I read through the comments to page 5 and the general consensus is that inspiration is better then hypothermia.
Hypothermia is still listed in the pob link.

Id love an completly updated pob link.

I somewhere here read that you dont want vortex+bonechill+unbound ailments on your offhand, pob unfortunaly does not show that, or its shown wrong.

Aditionally, stuff linked/explained in forum do not match with the pob link, which one is more accurate?

(Gem setup and so on)

There are just all these small little things that confuse me.
Maybe Im on a old pob link, so who knows.
Last edited by Arnigon on Jan 24, 2020, 11:03:15 AM
Hi,

thank you for the awesome guide. Just had some questions...
best base for armour, helmet and boots is energy shield, or energy shield/evasion? Next question: do we need % SPELL crit chance or attack crit chance on the armour? Next. So to get crit and explosion i would need to awaken orb a hunter and crusader chest with bouth needed mods. Wouldnt +1 sockets from warlord be better than explosion?
Might be a dumb question but when crafting the belt, if I get over 14% CRS is that bad or am I working with more the merrier? I do not want to go over if I am not supposed to but I got 20% right now on it and I do not want to have to recraft if not needed.
deleted
Last edited by Krodenhebs on Jan 25, 2020, 8:53:14 AM
Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for the time and effort in this guide Raikudou. Mowed through an early Awakener 8 and just nabbed my first Uber Elder kill. Great guide :)
Can someone give a look at my assassin, following another build but hinking of transitioning, not sure how to tho, pretty new! Any tips welcome!
This is my character right now https://pastebin.com/Mb2wfiCM. I have probably dumped around 20ex on it so far and know I need to level up more but, what should I look for, I was thinking on caping the critical strike chance but I don't know what to do cap it. Also, tailwind boots will make me go even faster right?

EDIT: Right now I'm just looking to use this build for farming maps (mainly T16 ones)
Last edited by whitesuccubus on Jan 26, 2020, 5:53:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info