[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

Its the best build i ever had. Could you look at my profile in your free time? I dont know what to do now. Propably im going for paradoxica, but which weapon should i change for it? Also i often die(in delirum fog...) , so can't lvl up. Any tips?

Thanks for the guide!
Last edited by Madara1337 on May 4, 2020, 9:31:58 PM
"
Madara1337 wrote:
Its the best build i ever had. Could you look at my profile in your free time? I dont know what to do now. Propably im going for paradoxica, but which weapon should i change for it? Also i often die(in delirum fog...) , so can't lvl up. Any tips?

Thanks for the guide!

Both! If you can't afford to replace both, then don't get a Paradoxica yet. The only sword you should ever use past 58 that isn't a foil is Para or Saviour. As for survivability, get a 40% life belly and replace your vermillion ring with one with life and accuracy on it, I doubt you're at 100% hit chance. You also took an extra passive on the tree by Sleight of Hand, you can plug that in for life south of duelist start. Also, since I just noticed, if you do get paradoxica, sell your Starkonja and get one with attack speed, since the double damage won't be nearly as useful.
Hi

I really want to thank you for making this build. It is the most fun I had yet with any build!!

I did not die at all before like at level 90, then after that a afew times but my own fault surely.

I have been running with Savior for a while and love the clear speed and safety that gives, since those reflection tear stuff up. I just completed a Simulacrum yesterday on it, even got 2 bosses spawned on phase 15, was scary but got them down and no deaths ;)

One thing I got myself, and is so happy about to be able to spam my potions is this belt:

So godly to be able to generate charges on boss fights, it works like a charm.

I could maybe upgrade 2 items, the helm need other enchant and my amulet is not perfect.

Right now I am testing with a Paradoxia instead of my rapier, so dual wielding Savior and Para. The first T14 map went great, but need to test a bit more before I know if it feels better or not.
According to PoB, dmg whent down a bit, but not much and I do not think it takes impale into account.

The only thing that isn't really working in this setup is the icegolem, it died all the time in high level maps, and each wave in simulacrum.. so much that I changed it for Vaal Grace for some bosses. I am at 97% hit without it, so would rather keep it up for the last bit hmm.

Also I am playing with a cluster jewel, just a medium one that I could fit in to test with "Unholy Might" proc. Which is up almost 100% of the time, and is another 30% more dmg as Chaos.
Might ditch it for some more defencive mods, maybe on a small cluster jewel to get over 7K hp.

Thanks again man, it is really a blast playing this, and it also works super great in the mine. It is the most dmg I have had on any build so far, and not abusing the cluster jewels is good.

Cheers
"
zipha wrote:
Hi

I really want to thank you for making this build. It is the most fun I had yet with any build!!

I did not die at all before like at level 90, then after that a afew times but my own fault surely.

I have been running with Savior for a while and love the clear speed and safety that gives, since those reflection tear stuff up. I just completed a Simulacrum yesterday on it, even got 2 bosses spawned on phase 15, was scary but got them down and no deaths ;)

One thing I got myself, and is so happy about to be able to spam my potions is this belt:

So godly to be able to generate charges on boss fights, it works like a charm.

I could maybe upgrade 2 items, the helm need other enchant and my amulet is not perfect.

Right now I am testing with a Paradoxia instead of my rapier, so dual wielding Savior and Para. The first T14 map went great, but need to test a bit more before I know if it feels better or not.
According to PoB, dmg whent down a bit, but not much and I do not think it takes impale into account.

The only thing that isn't really working in this setup is the icegolem, it died all the time in high level maps, and each wave in simulacrum.. so much that I changed it for Vaal Grace for some bosses. I am at 97% hit without it, so would rather keep it up for the last bit hmm.

Also I am playing with a cluster jewel, just a medium one that I could fit in to test with "Unholy Might" proc. Which is up almost 100% of the time, and is another 30% more dmg as Chaos.
Might ditch it for some more defencive mods, maybe on a small cluster jewel to get over 7K hp.

Thanks again man, it is really a blast playing this, and it also works super great in the mine. It is the most dmg I have had on any build so far, and not abusing the cluster jewels is good.

Cheers

Hell yeah man, that's awesome! Amazing belt, that is a ton of resists, and those charges will help a ton on long fights like Sim. You should definitely get the PoB Fork by Localidentity, it is the new standard for PoB since OpenARL isn't doing it anymore. It has a lot more features as well, like showing Impale dps and bonsuses we get as assassin with Elusive, Opportunistic, etc. https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/deon82/localidentitys_path_of_building_v141514_fork/
"
roguemjb wrote:

Hell yeah man, that's awesome! Amazing belt, that is a ton of resists, and those charges will help a ton on long fights like Sim. You should definitely get the PoB Fork by Localidentity, it is the new standard for PoB since OpenARL isn't doing it anymore. It has a lot more features as well, like showing Impale dps and bonsuses we get as assassin with Elusive, Opportunistic, etc. https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/deon82/localidentitys_path_of_building_v141514_fork/

Wow that is really helpful, as this actually show a lot of helpfull stuff the standard version does not have. Thanks!

In the end, the Rapier I have is a good deal better, along with Savior.
I loose around 25% dmg using savior over my other rapier, but I think as I have 2 copies running all the time that it is surely worth it. Is there a way to incorporate their damage into PoB?

Do your Ice Golem stay alive much? That is the only thing that I struggle with really, at least in red+ maps it dies super fast.

Also I socketed an increased duration gem in my savior to make the copies last a lot longer, works great, just have portal in my alt weapon set.

One dual boss encounter, I died, and the copies took down bosses while I was on my death screen, kinda cool ;)

I have changed 1 thing, since we have Fortify all the time, why not utilize that more since we are close to the "Rampart" wheel.

It even gives more damage than doing Artistry and Panther, and could be safer due to more dmg reduction. I think it might be very good, trying it for a bit. (I ditched the cluster jewel again)
"
zipha wrote:
"
roguemjb wrote:

Wow that is really helpful, as this actually show a lot of helpfull stuff the standard version does not have. Thanks!

In the end, the Rapier I have is a good deal better, along with Savior.
I loose around 25% dmg using savior over my other rapier, but I think as I have 2 copies running all the time that it is surely worth it. Is there a way to incorporate their damage into PoB?

Do your Ice Golem stay alive much? That is the only thing that I struggle with really, at least in red+ maps it dies super fast.

Also I socketed an increased duration gem in my savior to make the copies last a lot longer, works great, just have portal in my alt weapon set.

One dual boss encounter, I died, and the copies took down bosses while I was on my death screen, kinda cool ;)

I have changed 1 thing, since we have Fortify all the time, why not utilize that more since we are close to the "Rampart" wheel.

It even gives more damage than doing Artistry and Panther, and could be safer due to more dmg reduction. I think it might be very good, trying it for a bit. (I ditched the cluster jewel again)

POB does not have a way to account for Saviour, as Reflection damage depends on the skill that triggered it. Since you can maintain 2 reflections that each do 50% of your damage, you can roughly double your POB dps. Good call with using Increased Duration!

Ice golem stays up fairly well, but I pop it back up consistently, it's as much a reflex to me as refreshing Blood Rage.

Rampart is still less damage and less life as well. Mine comes out to 15.12 mill vs 14.77 mill dps with Rampart and 68 less life with Rampart.
Hello, really fun build. Thank you for for the guide. I have been comparing the DPS to your guide and even though I have very similar items you still have around 4 times more DPS. That is huge and I have no idea what I am missing here. Can you give me some pointers?
Skill tree should be the same. I do have a ring with Assasin's mark.

This is your DPS from the guide:

This is my DPS:

My Double Strike gems:

This is my sword compared to the swords in your guide:

Here is the pastebin for PoB:

https://pastebin.com/KQn8z32V
Last edited by 9v1d0 on May 7, 2020, 3:47:49 AM
Spoiler
"
9v1d0 wrote:
Hello, really fun build. Thank you for for the guide. I have been comparing the DPS to your guide and even though I have very similar items you still have around 4 times more DPS. That is huge and I have no idea what I am missing here. Can you give me some pointers?
Skill tree should be the same. I do have a ring with Assasin's mark.

This is your DPS from the guide:

This is my DPS:

My Double Strike gems:

This is my sword compared to the swords in your guide:

Here is the pastebin for PoB:

https://pastebin.com/KQn8z32V

Sick awesome gear on your profile. If possible, try to find a sword with multiplier as an explicit. A 400 dps sword will lose to a 350 dps sword if it doesn't have solid multi. earch for similar swords with 26% or higher multi or extra damage as fire.

And you need to get the POB Fork by Localidentity, what you're using is 100% obsolete. My dps is actually just over 15 million for my current character. Your Headhunter will obviously be incredibly beneficial when clearing and more than make up a dps loss. You can get an Awakened Melee Physical Damage for Double Strike and then you can turn on Intimidate in PoB. That alone is a huge upgrade.

Get the PoB Fork set up and link me yours and I will have a look and see if there are any other opportunities, but your setup looks pretty okay to me.
Hello again :) I had a couple more questions regarding the build, if I may:

1) Wanted to clarify whether it's a mistake you mention a pare of Elusive boots in the guide. Shouldn't it be a pair with Elder Influence (Fortify) + a pair with Hunter Influence (Tailwind), or am I missing something?

2) The big question for me is the Watcher's Eye. With +1.7 to crit chance, POB (I use the community fork) only shows 1.5% Combined DPS increase. I get way more from a cheaper +Crit Multi while affected by Precision jewel. I fail to see how that + Crit chance could be a huge DPS increase when the effective CH chance is already 85% with a flask. Watcher's Eye brings it to pretty much 99%, but given the amount of attacks per second, isn't the difference negligible?

3) Finally, I've noticed you have Chance to Freeze + added cold damage on your Assasin's Mark ring. Again, tried a similar ring on my Character in POB and did not see any real DPS increase. Did you just happen to craft/stumble upon this ring or is this actually something one should be looking for?
"
Hello again :) I had a couple more questions regarding the build, if I may:

1) Wanted to clarify whether it's a mistake you mention a pare of Elusive boots in the guide. Shouldn't it be a pair with Elder Influence (Fortify) + a pair with Hunter Influence (Tailwind), or am I missing something?

2) The big question for me is the Watcher's Eye. With +1.7 to crit chance, POB (I use the community fork) only shows 1.5% Combined DPS increase. I get way more from a cheaper +Crit Multi while affected by Precision jewel. I fail to see how that + Crit chance could be a huge DPS increase when the effective CH chance is already 85% with a flask. Watcher's Eye brings it to pretty much 99%, but given the amount of attacks per second, isn't the difference negligible?

3) Finally, I've noticed you have Chance to Freeze + added cold damage on your Assasin's Mark ring. Again, tried a similar ring on my Character in POB and did not see any real DPS increase. Did you just happen to craft/stumble upon this ring or is this actually something one should be looking for?

1) Yes, it was a mistake, just fixed it.

2) Just tested this and Hatred Watcher's Eye is better dps with out without diamond flask, by a lot, than my rare jewels. A perfect 50% multi Precision jewel is about even with my Hatred Watcher's Eye with diamond flask up, but an 8.1% dps loss with diamond flask down. It is cheaper, but altogether, it's cheaper because it's less damage. Most importantly, crit chance is almost as important as hit chance. Not critting feels almost as bad as missing, so I prefer it. The real money is a Hatred crit and Precision multi Watcher's Eye, if you have a lot more currency than I do.

3) Yep, just happened to be on there. The freeze chance is nice though, and the cold damage isn't completely insignificant, but I certainly was not looking for it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info