[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

"
LinkRyu wrote:
Thank you for the build! I followed previously your leechtank aswell, hope it goes as well.

What do you think about Farruls as chest,I know its expensive but seems to fit this build, right?

Also, alternatives to flicker strike for leveling? Last time I leveled with flicker strike was really awful

Maybe frost blade?

Hey, great to have ya! It's definitely going well, I will be 97 soon and have killed Uber Elder twice now.

Farrul's Fur is a super cool chest that I have been wanting to try out since it was added. Aspect of the Cat is great for the build and the charges it grants is especially great for Berserker and Champion, who can't generate charges on single target, whereas Assassin can at least build power charges. The downside, besides the cost, is its low life. I feel comfortable with at least 6500, and it would cost me too much life. Losing over 500 life is a lot to stomach. If I get a mirror drop this league, I will get one just to try out and mess around with. I was actually thinking about it the other day, if I could work in both the gloves and chest, and get the aura on an amulet, the dps gain would be huge and the gloves provide much needed bleed chance.

As for leveling, yes, flicker will not feel good until you are at least 60 and get a couple good swords. Before that I was using Cobra Lash to try it out, Frost Blades, and also just used Double Strike with Ancestral Call and Melee Splash. Use whatever is fun, any skill will work with the right gem set up, and as long as you are upgrading your gear as you go.

Hit 97 and now I'm just messing around and completing challenges. I just replaced Ambidexterity with Tribal Fury and took out Ancestral Call. Tribal Fury grants 12% increased Melee Damage and 'Strike Skills target 1 additional nearby Enemy'. This is enough to fully replace Ancestral Call, making Double Strike even better for Uber Elder, no Call needed, and Flicker can use Melee Damage instead. I will add Anointments to the guide. Uploading a Chimera map showcasing Tribal Fury now.
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
Kimahri wrote:
It would be nice to know which Ascendancies take first and maybe a gem priorization on the DS/Flicker Setup ?

Thxxxxx!

Dooooooone

Did you mean to say Deadly Infusion or Unstable Infusion for the 2nd Ascendancy lol, I assume you meant Unstable since that's what the image says. Also which bandit did you opt for, I took Oak for the extra physical damage, but is Alira's crit bonus better?
Last edited by negeltneM_ on Oct 4, 2019, 6:28:59 PM
"

Did you mean to say Deadly Infusion or Unstable Infusion for the 2nd Ascendancy lol, I assume you meant Unstable since that's what the image says. Also which bandit did you opt for, I took Oak for the extra physical damage, but is Alira's crit bonus better?

Hey, good catch! I got that fixed. Alira is the best choice, a bit higher dps and gives the awesome bonus to resists. If I weren't going with Alira, I would just kill all.
Last edited by roguemjb on Oct 4, 2019, 7:49:07 PM
Hello there ;)

Looking forward to trying out your build :) Long time fan of flickering around and almost every league making one :D

This time got bored of OP stuff and feeling like getting back to real thing :D.. Never played assassin version before but judging by your vids it'll be as fun as flicker always is ;)

I'll prolly change something here and there to better suit my style but still gona use your build as core.

That's it for now.. Will update on how it goes once i get into late game ;)

Cheers
Wicked_Clown
Last edited by DjPapaz on Oct 8, 2019, 5:38:04 AM
"
DjPapaz wrote:
Hello there ;)

Looking forward to trying out your build :) Long time fan of flickering around and almost every league making one :D

This time got bored of OP stuff and feeling like getting back to real thing :D.. Never played assassin version before but judging by your vids it'll be as fun as flicker always is ;)

I'll prolly change something here and there to better suit my style but still gona use your build as core.

That's it for now.. Will update on how it goes once i get into late game ;)

Cheers

Great to hear! I have loved Flicker builds since Poutso's flicker shadow in open beta. It got really lousy for flicker there for awhile, but now with the changes to flicker in 3.7, it is really easy to get it going with any weapon type, and with great single target also without having to weapon swap like Oro's builds did. Let me know what changes you make and how it works out!
"
LinkRyu wrote:
Thank you for the build! I followed previously your leechtank aswell, hope it goes as well.

What do you think about Farruls as chest,I know its expensive but seems to fit this build, right?

Also, alternatives to flicker strike for leveling? Last time I leveled with flicker strike was really awful

Maybe frost blade?

Just tried out Farrul's Fur and uploaded a video with my thoughts. I also added it to the gear section with some explanation there as well. It's an okay chest, but I prefer my rare chest with much more life. Farrul's is great for other classes that can't generate charges as easily, but it's not a big change while map clearing.
https://youtu.be/AE8G93Zp6_8
Hello, what would this build be like with just Double strike? And not using flicker strike?
Maybe add in Haemophellia for bleedsplosions?
Reasons for asking is i love double strike, but flicker strike makes me feel naseous.
"
Wiizper wrote:
Hello, what would this build be like with just Double strike? And not using flicker strike?
Maybe add in Haemophellia for bleedsplosions?
Reasons for asking is i love double strike, but flicker strike makes me feel naseous.

You can absolutely just use Double Strike. This was a Double Strike build before I added Flicker for clearing. That's why Flicker is on the 5 link on boots and Double is on the chest.

To map with Double Strike, you need Melee Splash and Ancestral Call (until you get Tribal Fury anointed on your amulet). Missing either one will be really shitty clear. You can swap in Fortify and/or Ruthless for those gems when you need pure single target damage. The set up you would use is what I use when delving, which is DS, Melee Phys, Multistrike, Close Combat, Splash, and Anc Call. Getting Tribal Fury on your amulet is super important so that you can remove Ancestral Call.

Regarding those gloves, you can certainly use them and they're an okay choice with the bleed chance so you're more consistent, but the huge dps/life increase of good rare gloves is a lot to give up. If you love the bleedsplosions (understandable), go for it.

Also, if you're not using your boots for Flicker, you have freedom of use for those 4 sockets. You can have a CWDT set up, or even just use Kaom's Roots if you can get the resists needed elsewhere.
why is it that the helmet and gloves in the gem links area have the same gems??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info