[3.8] FACETANK EVERYTHING - COC DISCHARGE, ELDER / SHAPER DOWN

I was wondering if we could make something with a bow and the new ring astral projector.

Is the more attack speed from cyclone really important?
Awakened Cast On Critical Strike Support

Supported Spells have 22% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed... hmm

So according to this post and his graph...
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ab2g9n/updated_cyclone_coc_discharge_proc_rate_now_with/

With this new Awakened CoC support, you could possibly reach the 52% cooldown recovery bracket, which would boost you to 10 discharges per second at a 5 aps or 10 aps cyclone O_O?!
Last edited by Oo_Ooo on Dec 12, 2019, 9:31:22 PM
I'm having trouble getting PoB to calculate the damage for me, I dont have a lot of experience with the program. Anyone that can ballmark the dps of this build in boss fights for me, please?
"
LennoxCT wrote:
I'm having trouble getting PoB to calculate the damage for me, I dont have a lot of experience with the program. Anyone that can ballmark the dps of this build in boss fights for me, please?

This is hard for me to calculate. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think PoB takes into account the "chance to gain maximum power charges" from Inya's and the Precursor rings or the other CoC mechanics when it calculates discharge's average hit. It just assumes you will be discharging at max power and endurance charges all the time. Also, your crit rate is constantly fluctuating from gaining and losing power charges. Your chance to gain a power charge on crit isn't 100% either, so that is another rng factor O_O.

For ballpark purposes, I'd probably load Rumble's PoB pastebin. Under Configuration check "enemy was hit by cold dmg" (for the elemental equilibrium proc), and select enemy is a boss shaper/elder. Discharge shows an average hit of 285k.

Rumble's cyclone attacks at 6.68aps. With 15% cooldown recovery cyclone's attack rate scales linearly with discharges per second.

So 285k * 6.68 discharges per second = 1.9m shaper/elder dps

But remember this 1.9m dps is best case scenario, where all hits proc max charges for that one second. The crit and charge gain rng is in your favor and will never be so bad you're doing 0 dps, but it will never be at a sustained 1.9m dps either.

I am not smart enough to calculate the exact number, but the damage is definitely there. This is probably one of the tankiest shadow builds and I really want to play it for the sustain during boss fights more than anything.
"
LennoxCT wrote:

You can achieve perfectly good dps. There is a video where i did Uber Elder, and in that you can see the DPS is just fine. Its all about getting the pieces together though, because in this build, small subtleties have a large impact.
"
Oo_Ooo wrote:
Awakened Cast On Critical Strike Support

Supported Spells have 22% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed... hmm

So according to this post and his graph...
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ab2g9n/updated_cyclone_coc_discharge_proc_rate_now_with/

With this new Awakened CoC support, you could possibly reach the 52% cooldown recovery bracket, which would boost you to 10 discharges per second at a 5 aps or 10 aps cyclone O_O?!

I think you might be right. That would mean an insane dps / sustain boost!
Could someone explain me why you need EE?
Cyclone has the same APS as discharge so it cold damage doesn't proc EE more often than discharge does (discharge hits right?). So with fire and light damage you make monsters resistant more often than you make them vulnerable with cold. Am I missing something? Enlighten lvl4 me.
"
zsirfoka wrote:
Could someone explain me why you need EE?
Cyclone has the same APS as discharge so it cold damage doesn't proc EE more often than discharge does (discharge hits right?). So with fire and light damage you make monsters resistant more often than you make them vulnerable with cold. Am I missing something? Enlighten lvl4 me.

The cyclone hit is what procs the discharge, so cyclone hits with EE resulting in fire/light res reduction and then discharge pops
Hey

Do you think this build could work with the new Atral Projector ring as a ranged discharge destroyer?
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Astral_Projector

It has been confirmed to work with discharge and is triggered on the mob that gets hit by the crit.

I was thinking
Power Siphon + Energy Leech + CoC + Discharge + 2x dmg gems?

I haven't played a CoC or Discharge build before.
I assume the dmg should be around the same?

Do you see any obvious good/bad things about it?
Do you think it would have decent clear speed?
Last edited by PunisherxDKx on Dec 13, 2019, 8:28:58 AM
"
PunisherxDKx wrote:
Hey

Do you think this build could work with the new Atral Projector ring as a ranged discharge destroyer?
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Astral_Projector

It has been confirmed to work with discharge and is triggered on the mob that gets hit by the crit.

I was thinking
Power Siphon + Energy Leech + CoC + Discharge + 2x dmg gems?

I haven't played a CoC or Discharge build before.
I assume the dmg should be around the same?

Do you see any obvious good/bad things about it?
Do you think it would have decent clear speed?

That ring is interesting, but this build has a hard need for the rings i have in the POB. So until another way of gaining maximum power charges is found, i would say that the ring you mention is not suitable

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info