[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
Hi Torstein, long time since the old Transcendence days, I'm currently rolling Pestilent Strike for old times sake.

A few questions about the current PoB that make no sense to me.

The flasks in your PoB have 20-30% uptime, including your despair aura, is the plan to just kill things before they run out? As far as I can tell you get one use out of the Witchfire Brew before it's done?

Building around an onslaught implicit on a poison synth ring seems a bit outrageous, this isn't a problem for me as I can afford it but you should try to look into ways to get people onslaught before they can make this purchase outside of giving up a flask slot (Especially so if you can't sustain it very well as it seems right now). Maybe you can suggest people could use a medium totem cluster jewel until they can afford the onslaught implicit Nostalgia with good rolls.

As well I'm not sure if I've set all the configs right, but it appears you are not overcapped on resistances (Even with flasks ticked), given the prevalence of curses and exposure I don't really play builds that aren't overcapped these days. I see you have curse effect reduction on your flask with ~45 increased effect which should come out to about 80% curse reduction but you will still be running maps minus max quite often this way, as well the exposure hits HARD if it ever happens to combo with any of that.

Lastly, we were given this new tech of enduring life flasks, which seems just outrageously strong with life flask recovery investment, the magic flask effect node gives us practically no damage and makes almost no difference to our defenses which are already overcapped for the content the DPS of this build has (when not uber configged).

So my plan is to take the master surgeon notable and invest in flask duration to allow me full uptime on all my flasks including my enduring life flask, I do give up the entire cluster wheel (outside of the small res cluster) to do this. I plan to use Burden of Truth belt to allow my saturated life flask (which is regenning at 3k-4k life per second) to apply to my energy shield as well. This might be incredibly jank and I might come to the same conclusions as you at some point, just looking for your thoughts on all this.

Have you given any thought to the crucible tree nodes?
40% increased base AS 20% less damage is a minor net DPS decrease but I can't imagine it feels that way given that you will ramp faster (one of the primary things that slows down poison clear against tanky rares) and you will move faster.

There's also Solipsism and Ghost Dance nodes that can save lots of pathing.

Lots of things to look at in those trees.

Here's a build for you. Have fun.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/12lys8m/001_gem_destroy_ubers_and_facetank_on_budget/
"
br0m3th3u5_ wrote:
Hey everyone! Having a great first week with this build - thanks for making such a great guide, especially the crafting advice in the spreadsheet.

Trying to min-max my claw's crucible tree. Very happy with the added chaos and attack speed, but not sure what to go for nodes 3 and 4.

Hoping to get hear your thoughts. There's poison duration, chaos dot multi, increased chaos damage modifiers, and increased speed modifier magnitudes to choose from.

-For t3/4 so far what I saw that could be good is
-chaos damage multi
- +1 Frenzy +1 Endurance -1 Power charge
-15% increased Explicit Speed or chaos Modifier magnitudes
-Rampage would be great for mapping
-10% chance to inflict Withered for 2 seconds on Hit
25% chance to be Withered for 2 seconds when you take Chaos Damage from a Hit
Do you actually need aura reservation enchant on helmet? Seems that even with just enlighten lvl 3 +small cluster you should be left on ~8% unreserved mana
"
emmaline6109 wrote:
Do you actually need aura reservation enchant on helmet? Seems that even with just enlighten lvl 3 +small cluster you should be left on ~8% unreserved mana

You can go without enchant if you pick up mana nodes and reservation mastery.
I don't understand where the Despair curse comes from since there's no skillgem for it and I can't identify from the items if any of them apply one.
Pob:

There's the extra curse annointment on the amulet that suggests I should have two. (and at least in my gear, I don't have open sockets for exra gems)

# EDIT: its the Witchfire Brew flask!!!, sorry, I'm dumb!
Last edited by vizionjaken on Apr 19, 2023, 7:39:58 AM
switched to a molten strike, dmg is kinda insane with vengeant cascade

my current setup:
https://pobb.in/m9kUkZUFR67O

cheap variant:
https://pobb.in/avs4_L7e6rt2

Can someone explain why i cannot sell this claw? i mean...its kinda Perfect for this build :(
Last edited by Void_xy on Apr 21, 2023, 7:24:59 AM
"
__FEL__ wrote:
switched to a molten strike, dmg is kinda insane with vengeant cascade

my current setup:
https://pobb.in/m9kUkZUFR67O

cheap variant:
https://pobb.in/avs4_L7e6rt2

I saw Poison MS Jugg from Goratha and Poison MS Assassin from jungroan. I was actually thinking, if you could use this build also for it. What a coincidence that you did post this now and proved that it's possible :D

Does it feel better in terms of survivablity because of the multiple LoH from all the balls?
Last edited by coryu on Apr 21, 2023, 7:33:53 AM
"
coryu wrote:

Does it feel better in terms of survivablity because of the multiple LoH from all the balls?

it does, i was also considering taking the claw mastery with additional loh on mainhand, but opted to skill more life/es for a greater ehp pool.
the lifegain is insane: balls hit 16 times, 12 attacks per second, each hit 38 life
16 * 12 * 38 = 7296 life gained per second
Fel leaving the pestileent gang sadge

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info