[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
would dendrobate be worth to use instead for dmg? Seems like it would boost dmg like crazy. Also with the spider gloves, I already have 75% mana reserved with malevolence and herald of agony, how do I use spider as well?

There were similar opinions on Dendrobate earlier, iirc, and also in other poison related Ranger builds. Most of the guide writers agreed that although Dendrobate is better damage wise, the build is already doing very good at dealing damage. Survivability instead is much more appreciated.

I am on a slow side and just started doing T6-10, and I also agreed with Torstein and other guide writers that other armors that offer protection in some forms are better. (I started getting one shotted with evasion based 6-link rare in T9, especially when I timed the Molten Shell wrong. Should I have had Arctic Armor from Perfect Form on, I might have survived, but who knows...)

@Torstein

All in all, would the Helmet enchant "Pestilent Strike do 40% more damage" be better than "Increase Pestilent Strike AoE" after all? I have had no issue with its radius before, and I have to say, after manage to get that helmet for 1c and craft some life+resist on, T10 just melts even faster! (I will of course fossil craft it later for -% chaos resistance when I get a lvl83+ version)
Last edited by HeliumHe on Dec 25, 2019, 4:45:20 AM
"
Xenser wrote:
Killed Sirus lvl8 yday, great build tho. Nothing to upgrade anymore, except claws (spend already 13 ex on them, still nothing)

Tyty :)

I guess it's just bad rng. :(
Last league I crafted perfect claw in 3 tries, but when i was crafting amulet I annuled chaos multiplier mod 9 times in a row. rng...

"
crushda wrote:
you use enlighten support and link that with herald of agony & malevolence and craft non channeling skills have - 8 to 9 to total mana cost on both rings and the amulet(although im sitting at 55 mana, enlighten lvl 3 and only 2 crafts on the rings? O.o)
edit\\ is it advised to use growing agony?

That little mana left is for totem casting :)

Growing Agony is ok if you are fine with losing life from a jewel.
"
HeliumHe wrote:
"
would dendrobate be worth to use instead for dmg? Seems like it would boost dmg like crazy. Also with the spider gloves, I already have 75% mana reserved with malevolence and herald of agony, how do I use spider as well?

There were similar opinions on Dendrobate earlier, iirc, and also in other poison related Ranger builds. Most of the guide writers agreed that although Dendrobate is better damage wise, the build is already doing very good at dealing damage. Survivability instead is much more appreciated.

I am on a slow side and just started doing T6-10, and I also agreed with Torstein and other guide writers that other armors that offer protection in some forms are better. (I started getting one shotted with evasion based 6-link rare in T9, especially when I timed the Molten Shell wrong. Should I have had Arctic Armor from Perfect Form on, I might have survived, but who knows...)

@Torstein

All in all, would the Helmet enchant "Pestilent Strike do 40% more damage" be better than "Increase Pestilent Strike AoE" after all? I have had no issue with its radius before, and I have to say, after manage to get that helmet for 1c and craft some life+resist on, T10 just melts even faster! (I will of course fossil craft it later for -% chaos resistance when I get a lvl83+ version)

Pretty much whay HelimHe said. Damage is not an issue but on the other hand you would lose Phase Acrobatics, Arctic Armour and some life.

@HelimHe
Yeah go with the damage enchant.
"
Archernick wrote:
So, I've decided to reroll my build finally, but I wanted to leave a little review for this build guide while I sell my old gear to fund a new project.

First of all, this is without a doubt one of the best build guides here on the PoE forums. Period. Not only is it very well written, but you've got content that covers four distinctly different playstyles/skills. It really has something for everyone.

Now as for how the build treated me this league:

-I league started with the intent on using Pestilent Strike. This carried me all the way to T16's, Awakening Level 8, and Deathless Level 8 Awakener Kill. All Elderslayers (lvl 8) and T16 Metamorphs would die before my Molten Shell would expire, and by the time they cast their first big mechanic (haha fuck you and your immunity phase Drox!).

-I did sub in Viper Strike during this progression for some bosses, due to its higher duration, but I found out that it isn't necessary in the slightest for you to be able to boss with.

-Map clears are blinding fast - one of the fastest mappers I've played. The only critique is the missing teleportation based movement skill, but it's only a small annoyance at best.

-This build has a really fun progression scaling to it. You can get started with very simple gear, but chase down very juicy upgrades the deeper you go. It kept me hooked for just under 7 days /played. Considering I usually only play leagues for 2 weeks of real-time, this is an amazing feat!

-Finally, Torstein is an incredibly friendly and welcoming guide-writer: always on-hand to answer questions, theorycraft and open to suggestions/ideas!

If you're reading this and are wondering whether you should take the plunge, please, stop reading and start your Poison Pathfinder today; POISON THE ATLAS!

This is now my go-to league starter until further notice.

Tyvm for these nice words. I have no benefit/profit from doing the guides other than seeing that someone had a good time playing the build which brings me great joy.

I'm truly humbled and will say it's the best review I ever got on a build/guide.

Ty also for contributing to the build with "Circle of Nostalgia" ring which made the build even better.

GL & HF with your next char! :)

Hi !

Just wanted to come by and thank you for this build. I wanted to try Poison this league and started with this on day one or two. I've only been playing 2 days according to /played but i'm now lvl 91 and starting to awake the Atlas (lvl 2/3 atm).

So far this build is really fun to play, that's one of the few times where I actually feel that I'm playing, having to use potion / molten shell all the time to survive.

Like someone else said, Whirling Blades lack the teleportation to be perfect and sometime having dash is helpful.

Anyway, great guide, easy to follow :)
Last edited by ExServ on Dec 25, 2019, 7:10:08 AM
"
would dendrobate be worth to use instead for dmg?
In this very rippy league probably not, perfect form gives you:
- life
- 30% spell dodge without crapping on your armor / molten shell value / block chance you would otherwise do if you pathed through acro on the tree
- no mana cost arctic armor

I've heard several streamers say spell block is really good for end game this season, that means spell dodge should be too, and both together on the same build are even better.

There are more avenues to increase damage, and fewer avenues to prevent top level metamorphs from insta gibbing you, so layered defenses are not something I'd easily abandon.
Hey,
I just 6 linked my perfect form (yay .. and it has 78life and 49% too... have noone else to share this with, so here you go).

I was wondering a few things regarding claws, since this is my first poison/DoT charcater ever:
-> Why is "inc. poison damage" not as good as the other stats? sounds like this should be pretty high up the list
-> Does "increased chaos damage" amulet craft do anything good, or do I need "chaos damage multiplier"?

Regards and thank you.
Could Devine Flesh be build into this build somehow?
Would make us really tanky without losing too much damage I guess?

Also what exactly is the point of Vortex+Bonechill? Just the Chill effect?
Wouldn't an autocast Molten Shell be better or even Steelskin?

EDIT: Ok, I tried somehing here.
Took me a few hours to figure it all out and get some Items that were needed.

If my PoB is correct it should be around 1.8/1.2 Million Shaper DPS (With/Without GMP) and around 2.2 Million with GMP for mapping (Non-Boss DPS)

Here's my PoB https://pastebin.com/j2y32wpK (Update)

I included some fixes (Glorious Vanity Jewel and Skitterbots) into the Glorious Vanity Jewel.
I use the LocalIdentity version of PoB so I don't know if the normal one can customize the shock for the skitterbots too so that was the easiest way.
If you use the normal PoB you also have to add a fix for the "60% Chance for Poisons...100% more Damage" mod.
Just edit an item and add "60% more Damage with Poison"
Now that I think about it: I'm not sure how this gets calculated in the PoB fork if both weapons have this. Does it inflate the DPS? Or does it calculate it separately? Anyway...
If you have any questions feel free to ask. And if you have any better suggestions let me know.

Great guide btw, helped me a lot figuring this poison stuff out.
Last edited by Tadian on Dec 25, 2019, 8:09:20 PM

is something like this useable? accidentally hit it when trying to perfect fossil my claw to craft. What would even be a price of this?

btw really cool guide, doing t16 with the build, still running wasp's nests in t16

try to use metalic in the crafting, seems to be going well, it's not OP OP but should work, thinking if I should craft the 1 ex (16-20 atspd) or the quality + attackspeed or if it's better to try to roll another one

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info