[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

@sgtsitcky

As Jerm says, periodically casting your desecrate while you hold down VD is a good habit to have. One of the main reasons for this is when your CWDT procs off of enemies hitting you at a distance and all your corpse generation spawns on said enemy instead of at your feet.

That said, your tree is a bit of a mess at the moment, I've taken the liberty to make a correct tree for you for level 77 (100 points) and then also included the level 90 tree to aim for (113 points):

https://pastebin.com/mxsyzNrK

For the level 90 tree I added an intuitive leap jewel (fairly cheap) that you'll want to pick up at some point.

For flasks, pick up a Diamond Flask, Atziri's Promise, and a Cinderswallow.

You also want to get some form of Life recovery. This can be a shaper ring with "Life gained for each enemy hit by your spells" or a source of life leech. Fire damage leech on an amulet works A+ or a Watcher's Eye with Fire Damage leeched as life while affected by anger, but as Jerm already mentioned, Discipline ES on hit is top priority.

Hope this helps!
@Gryph

Looking at your "Current Gear" section... how do you get life leech? You don't seem to have it on neck or watcher's eye, just curious.
"
Xyrm wrote:
@Gryph

Looking at your "Current Gear" section... how do you get life leech? You don't seem to have it on neck or watcher's eye, just curious.

I have 15 life gained on hit by my spells because I have no place to get leech. In a perfect world, I'd have both but this works very nicely with Ball Lightning and all the other spells flying everywhere.
Do you think having 2 imprint beasts and a 300 chaos, is enough money to do the imprint start? (not including the multi mod cost ofc)
Last edited by JuiLeMeilleur on Oct 14, 2019, 6:22:14 PM
@Gryphenprey

Ok, yea, wow! I switched over my skill tree and picked up the +ES on hit Watchers eye and I went from struggling in T5s to doing T13s without dying.

Very much appreciate the reply, I really wanted this build to work and it feels great.

If you have the time, what was I missing, like what made the big difference or was it a culmination of little things?
"
sgtsitcky wrote:
@Gryphenprey

Ok, yea, wow! I switched over my skill tree and picked up the +ES on hit Watchers eye and I went from struggling in T5s to doing T13s without dying.

Very much appreciate the reply, I really wanted this build to work and it feels great.

If you have the time, what was I missing, like what made the big difference or was it a culmination of little things?

Spirit Offering scales off of base life. That is, your life total before the %Increases. The way %of max life as extra ES works is we take the 15% for SO buff of the base life and then apply the increases to both Life AND ES% to that number.

IE: In the new tree I gave you you have 1568 base life at level 79, with 150% increased life and 199% increased energy shield. So we get 235.2 increased by 349% for an extra 1056 ES gained and recovered. Before you were recovering about 900ES. When you take into consideration 183 mana cost and taking 4x that as damage (732 damage) your SO recovery is boosted by almost 75%. Netting you 350 ES per cast instead of 200 ES per cast.

This is why it's important to get all your life+ES nodes first before worrying about the Crit nodes as much.

Oh but in all seriousness, it's the ES on hit watcher's Eye and bigger eHP pool. That combined with some life leech and you'll be pretty hard to kill outside of 1-shots.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Oct 14, 2019, 8:14:26 PM

Hey guys been following this guide the past week or so.. i'm now finished the acts and out into maps.. just moved over to my 7 link chest piece (which i've borrowed from my Vortex/VCS trickster) and got all the gemlinks working. Still feel a bit squishy but i'm not sure where i need to go next in terms of equipment upgrades.

Loving the build btw...
Last edited by Targwyn on Oct 15, 2019, 10:24:02 PM
"
Targwyn wrote:

Hey guys been following this guide the past week or so.. i'm now finished the acts and out into maps.. just moved over to my 7 link chest piece (which i've borrowed from my Vortex/VCS trickster) and got all the gemlinks working. Still feel a bit squishy but i'm not sure where i need to go next in terms of equipment upgrades.

Loving the build btw...

Watcher's Eye with ES on Hit while affected by Discipline if you can afford it.
Rare amulet with Life+ES and Fire leech
Rare Crystal or Stygian Vise belt with Life+ES+Res

Eventually replace RStrides with rare boots. They are perfectly fine though.

Since you have rare chest with 7L you COULD use 1H+Shield if you wanted to. Good weapon would probably be really expensive though and most likely less damage than Martyr but you can get great defenses from a shield.

"
Gryphenprey wrote:

I have the ES on Hit with Discipline watchers eye already (ive been following your VCS/Vortex trickster build from last league) but im not currently running discipline on this build.. will have to try and fit it in somewhere i guess..

Will hit up poe trade to see what i can get in an amulet and belt now :)

"
Targwyn wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

I have the ES on Hit with Discipline watchers eye already (ive been following your VCS/Vortex trickster build from last league) but im not currently running discipline on this build.. will have to try and fit it in somewhere i guess..

Will hit up poe trade to see what i can get in an amulet and belt now :)

If having trouble fitting it you can drop Herald of Ash for now. Damage should be fine regardless, better to have that extra layer of defense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info