[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

Hello! Will this guide be updated for 3.11? I really want to try it out xD

Really detailed guide btw, good job! =D
"
BullsEyeKyo wrote:
Hello! Will this guide be updated for 3.11? I really want to try it out xD

Really detailed guide btw, good job! =D

Yeah I'll update it. Getting the Agnostic in the tree is potentially massive for this build.
ok, somethings wrong... started to lvl gems and it worked fine, now after few gem lvls skills arent triggering. now i am the one triggered, tried to delevel cast on chanelling, didnt help. probably dumb question but i cant figure it out
"
dombeck wrote:
ok, somethings wrong... started to lvl gems and it worked fine, now after few gem lvls skills arent triggering. now i am the one triggered, tried to delevel cast on chanelling, didnt help. probably dumb question but i cant figure it out

Looks like you're trying to follow an older version of the build?

As of 3.10 Spirit Offering no longer works and Animated Guardian is also not recommended as of 3.9. (These things are written in the guide). As such I removed them from the gem section a while ago.

That said, you can just take out SO and that'll help a lot. From there you need aspect of the spider on a piece of gear for your boots to work.

If you're having a hard time dealing damage to yourself it may be because of the armour rating on Loreweave.

I would also get a high level CWDT+Bone Offering setup going for extra defenses.
Have you guys checked the undertaker notable?

I played this build in Metamorph and it was the easiest way to get 36 challenges in compared to any previous league, since the build is just good at everything. Do you think that the undertaker is huge for the build? I am really tempted to play it again!
"
Trovarst wrote:
Have you guys checked the undertaker notable?

I played this build in Metamorph and it was the easiest way to get 36 challenges in compared to any previous league, since the build is just good at everything. Do you think that the undertaker is huge for the build? I am really tempted to play it again!

Undertaker is very good. +2 Corpse generated per Desecrate is pretty big.

Spellslinger VD is probably stronger overall though. No hoops to jump through like we need with Scold's now that Spirit Offering was nerfed.

This build was broken in 3.8, heavily nerfed but still quite strong in 3.9, and in 3.10 Spirit Offering was gutted, so we were nerfed again and while playable and good (I played it league start to about 93), Spellslinger is vastly superior in my opinion. I made a tanky slinger build that I concocted up to 100 with ease this league.

That said, we could see some VD nerfs too. That wouldn't surprise me.

On a side note:

The Agnostic being added to the tree can serve as a really easy method of life sustain on this build. Essence Glutton, MoM, a little Mana Regen Rate, and %Damage taken gained as mana over 4 seconds modifiers, makes for easy life sustain. The difficulty from there, of course, is getting enough life+mana+damage to matter in the end.

I will, of course, look into it more as we get closer to the league start and have the patch notes available.
Doedre's Malevolence: New versions of this item will no longer grant +50 to the mana cost of skills. Instead, they will grant 30-50% increased Seal gain frequency.

Does this kill the scolds version of this build? Seems like we got caught in the crossfire of archmage.
"
LegoWaffle wrote:
Doedre's Malevolence: New versions of this item will no longer grant +50 to the mana cost of skills. Instead, they will grant 30-50% increased Seal gain frequency.

Does this kill the scolds version of this build? Seems like we got caught in the crossfire of archmage.

Voidbringers now grant +40-80 mana cost of skills. Easy swap.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
LegoWaffle wrote:

Voidbringers now grant +40-80 mana cost of skills. Easy swap.

Ah, I must have missed this swap in the patch notes. Voidbringers will be easier to Vaal in larger quantities as well. Thanks!
I really like this build I have invested a lot of ex on it. Clearing the maps with it very easy, but against high tier bosses it dies a lot and I also feel the dps is low for them especially in T16 map bosses, not to mention shaper or elder.
Can someone suggest/help me out what to change in my build? :)
Thank you in advance!

https://pastebin.com/uAc3gBut

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info