[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

"
JuiLeMeilleur wrote:

I recently get this with 30 alt , one augm and a regal. I forgot to imprint ...
is it really mendatory ? i mean do i have to retry it ? or can i still do things with it ? (really new to craft )

Well, ideally you want to get the 20% Chance to Deal Double Damage/Attack speed hybrid roll. But that's usable as is if your budget is tight. Craft Fire damage to spells and 6L it and it'll carry you pretty far.
Gryphenprey
How do i level as VD+Desecrate? did you have a old post or something to find? since i really want to start with this! and the leveling tree to!

Wanted to post my most successful try.

That gives about 20% more damage than this one:

And makes it really easy to calculate what would happen with an actually good sceptre in PoB.

I swapped over to using that sceptre primarily, and cut my damage by something like 35% in the process.

The funny thing is, if I can manage to put together a sceptre that has all 3 support gems + the 40% more modifier, I end up back around 800k.

But I haven't had any luck beyond this sceptre so far.

Anyway, I'll keep trying, I think this is the best way to move my character forward at the moment.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Splifus wrote:

Well I 6linked it and scoured, 200 alt later I got this

Very nice!

You'll want to imprint that and then regal+annul. Hope that you're lucky. :D

EDIT:

For those who like to see what I'm up to via my character page...

https://youtu.be/WoGRf_RTko4

There's a video for CWC+Cyclone with Doedre's Malevolence.

This is FAR more expensive than the self-cast variant. At least to reach the damage numbers with which I'm comfortable that is. The idea was to get more boss mobility to better farm Uber Elder and Aul. Still sitting at around 10 million DPS.

Nice staff on your profile Gryphenprey! How did you craft that? Or bought it?
<->
Last edited by bountardos on Oct 12, 2019, 9:26:42 PM
"
bountardos wrote:

Nice staff on your profile Gryphenprey! How did you craft that? Or bought it?

I bought it, blocked attack mods, and exalted mana of all things. (literally anything would have been better than that). But yeah, it's very nice.

I got this staff to start playing with, you think this would be better to start than an Arcane surge one like recommended in the guide?
<->
Last edited by bountardos on Oct 13, 2019, 9:36:42 AM
Hey. Tell me in detail how to craft a staff?
"
bountardos wrote:

I got this staff to start playing with, you think this would be better to start than an Arcane surge one like recommended in the guide?

I would be tempted to imprint+regal until I hit arcane surge. it would be Expensive af but TOTALLY WORTH IT! :D

Or just imprint+regal+annul+multimod and use an Arcane Surge Chest. That would also work. Sweet hit.

"
CoBEpeuH wrote:
Hey. Tell me in detail how to craft a staff?

Get your preferred base: (block or crit, your choice. I like block) iLvl 80+

Alt spam for Arcane Surge prefix and chance to deal double damage suffix

Sell anything that you hit along the way that looks really good for another build.

When you hit it, get a Craicic Chimeral beast to imprint the BLUE item. Imprint at bestiary altar, regal and then annul if the regal'd mod was bad. if you brick it, imprint again ad nauseum.
This build looks really cool, but I am having trouble making it run smoothly. Its a struggle to complete even a T5 blighted map. The single target is fine but the bosses get me along with anything that damages me is enough to make me have to pop a potion.

I feel like I'm missing something to make this build work.

Here is my pastebin if anyone has a chance to look it over.
https://pastebin.com/WMBUDtKu
@sgtsitcky

Here's a pastebin that gets you into crit instead of EO at level 78 and roughly doubles your DPS output

https://pastebin.com/tDteytHK

Adding a Watcher's Eye that generates ES on hit and Ball Lightning will add to your sustain nicely.

You should be able to do something about your flasks pretty easily, pick up a diamond flask, an atziri's promise, and a Wise Oak to add a bunch more damage as well.

From that point, you can start worrying about pumping up your life/ES by upgrading your rares and filling those jewel sockets I added.

Don't feel bad about casting Desecrate in the middle of fights either, that's probably your problem, you can just hit it every few seconds while you hold down right-click to keep the VD balls rolling.

The reason you're having choppy ball generation is that you've reduced the mana cost of VD too much, you aren't procing Desecrate with every cast. It's a DPS loss overall, but you should still be fine with a little manual desecrate assistance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info