[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

"
Transitioning will be more difficult as you need to have solid recovery mechanics in place to sustain. I would try doing Elementalist and using Soul Tether belt for the early stages and respeccing later into Necro after you complete uber lab trials, or when you're comfortable.

Elementalist gives Free Life leech for Soul Tether as well as massive amount of life regen via stone golem and the Golem Buffs from tree+ascendancy. With easily over 1k life regen with this, the tree, and consecrated ground (always up with purifying flame on CWDT) this gives you the recovery buffer you'll need to get Soul Tether leech to start working on your ES recovery for Scold's Sustain.

So you believe that going Elementalist will provide an smoother transition from self-cast to CWC? Just trying to plan out my course tonight.

For Elementalist ascendancy order: Paragon -> Liege -> Elemancer -> Pendulum?
"
Thunderbus wrote:
"
Transitioning will be more difficult as you need to have solid recovery mechanics in place to sustain. I would try doing Elementalist and using Soul Tether belt for the early stages and respeccing later into Necro after you complete uber lab trials, or when you're comfortable.

Elementalist gives Free Life leech for Soul Tether as well as massive amount of life regen via stone golem and the Golem Buffs from tree+ascendancy. With easily over 1k life regen with this, the tree, and consecrated ground (always up with purifying flame on CWDT) this gives you the recovery buffer you'll need to get Soul Tether leech to start working on your ES recovery for Scold's Sustain.

So you believe that going Elementalist will provide an smoother transition from self-cast to CWC? Just trying to plan out my course tonight.

For Elementalist ascendancy order: Paragon -> Liege -> Elemancer -> Pendulum?

I'm honestly not sure. I'd have to level a character through the story to test it and I don't have the time to do that at the moment.

My biggest concern with this strategy is mana. If you can solve your early mana without essence glutton, then yes it'll feel really good to use Soul Tether and Golems for Sustain.

Ascendancy order:
Liege of the Primordial
Paragon of Calamity
Elemancer

and I wouldn't even bother with Uber Lab beyond completing it. Stone Golem regen will also make traps a lot easier to deal with as well. Great for lab trials and uber lab attempts.

Of course, if you don't mind just self casting Desecrate+VD then you can stick with Necro the whole way until you can get all the pieces together.

It should be noted for everyone (as I have also mentioned in several places in the guide) this is not an easy league start. It's very doable but does lend itself to the more experienced crowd.
For anyone curious I played this build last league until 97 and rarely had lag issues and I don't have a high end PC at all. Only issues I had were other players complaining about my balls lagging them which I thought was quite hilarious XD..

Ryzen 5 1600
GTX 1060 3gb
16gb DDR4 Ram
SSD ofc

Will also be starting as Elementalist so I will post info on how that goes.
Last edited by blobota on Mar 13, 2020, 12:06:26 AM
"
Will also be starting as Elementalist so I will post info on how that goes.

Do you have a current plan to deal with mana issues without Essence Glutton? i was considering Elementalist, but I don't have quite enough build knowledge to deal with that, so I'll just be leveling Necro selfcast.
nice build! i will try this one for sure this league.
the password-idea is great. why not add some math or some other stuff to it? :-) or something like, whats in act 2, the 3rd word of the quest-text, bla,bla...? :-)
Last edited by microware on Mar 13, 2020, 1:53:14 PM
"
majesthro wrote:
Did a few test runs with unoptimized setup (lvl 2 stone golem).
No ghost weaver: mapping fine, was struggling to recover from big hits.
Ghost weaver: mapping fine, ES always up vs single target, couldn't sustain life!

I've seen your chimera video. Don't know how you keep your life up, is it just the lvl 20 stone golem?

Have you tried using Ngahamu's Sign? If you're not running elemental focus, the heal on ignite could help out a lot to sustain life.
"
Taelic wrote:
"
majesthro wrote:
Did a few test runs with unoptimized setup (lvl 2 stone golem).
No ghost weaver: mapping fine, was struggling to recover from big hits.
Ghost weaver: mapping fine, ES always up vs single target, couldn't sustain life!

I've seen your chimera video. Don't know how you keep your life up, is it just the lvl 20 stone golem?

Have you tried using Ngahamu's Sign? If you're not running elemental focus, the heal on ignite could help out a lot to sustain life.

I usually use it early on in the league for the life on hit. It's great early on for leveling and early maps. Definitely a solid budget option for sure.
Btw guys!

Spellslinger - VD - Spell Cascade - Conc Effect

Spellslinger - Desecrate - Spell Cascade - (body swap)

You're welcome :P
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
Btw guys!

Spellslinger - VD - Spell Cascade - Conc Effect

Spellslinger - Desecrate - Spell Cascade - (body swap)

You're welcome :P

Sounds amazing! Still need a few levels to get them all though.

Uhh... just wondering. Do you think that with spellslinger, Volatile Dead can work better with a wand than with Cyclone?
Last edited by Garulf161 on Mar 13, 2020, 10:35:10 PM
REPORT FROM 3.10 NECROMANCER.
My setup:
- anger + discipline + HoF;
- watcher's eye: +ES for every enemy HIT;
- 6L chest: CWDT - GMP - Combustion - Wave of Conv - Unearth and BALL LIGHTNING
(ball lightning + GMP = tons of hit, = tons of procs of Watchers eye)
- on amulet: 0,4%fire dmg leeched; enchanted, 6% of damage gained as mana;
- on ring: 6% of damage taken as mana;
- jewel socket south of pain attunement with Glorious vanity, u take pain attunement to get CORRUPTED SOUL;
- light eater node.
EVERYTHING IS ALWAYS CAPPED. DAMAGE IS SKYROCKETING.
Feels even stronger than before.
TO VICTORY!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info