[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

"
Gryphenprey wrote:
Btw guys!

Spellslinger - VD - Spell Cascade - Conc Effect

Spellslinger - Desecrate - Spell Cascade - (body swap)

You're welcome :P

would you update your guide with this mechanics thx
"
Mugen_WoD wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
Btw guys!

Spellslinger - VD - Spell Cascade - Conc Effect

Spellslinger - Desecrate - Spell Cascade - (body swap)

You're welcome :P

would you update your guide with this mechanics thx

I mean I added a blurb at the top of the guide to bring attention to it as a leveling setup already.

I suppose I can make it a little more detailed.
What about spellslinger setups vs cwc lategame?
"
GoldPush wrote:
What about spellslinger setups vs cwc lategame?

I think spellslinger will work great for mapping early on as you now are going to need some more investment to fully mitigate Scold's damage.

That said, CWC Cyclone should still outperform Spellslinger in the end. You have access to more auras, mobility, staff nodes, and utility spells applying debuffs constantly (WoC, PF, Blade Blast, etc...)

That said, Slinger builds can use Shavs and a shield and so might be able to get to similar DPS numbers that way while still getting respectable eHP.

I'm currently slinging because it's easy and I totally recommend doing so until you can get some levels (low to mid 80's probably) and the pieces to put the Scold's version together comfortably.
Hi Sir,

Thank you so much for keeping my favorite build alive.

I noticed that you mentioned that life should be close to Energy shield. Why is this is ?

In my build, my life is 4216 and my ES is 6126. I have died a few times to mobs but am not sure what the mechanics are for why the life and ES should be close to one another in value.

Should i focus on HP items to balance them out ?

thank you and kudos for finding a solution to the Nerf.

ive spent countless hours leveling and would hate to see it all go to waste.
"
Daibom wrote:
Hi Sir,

Thank you so much for keeping my favorite build alive.

I noticed that you mentioned that life should be close to Energy shield. Why is this is ?

In my build, my life is 4216 and my ES is 6126. I have died a few times to mobs but am not sure what the mechanics are for why the life and ES should be close to one another in value.

Should i focus on HP items to balance them out ?

thank you and kudos for finding a solution to the Nerf.

ive spent countless hours leveling and would hate to see it all go to waste.

IF you are using Glorious Vanity for Corrupted Soul, then you want ES to be close to life. The reason is that 50% of damage bypasses ES.

If you have 4k Life and 6k ES and you take a hit for 8k, 50% of that passes through your ES and you're dead with 2k ES to spare. Instead of 10k eHP, you actually have 8k eHP.

What I would do:
Specc out of all the ES nodes and place them into life nodes. You may have to travel to the Scion Life wheel for this. Shadow side has a cluster to take and you can also just pick up jewel sockets and fill those with life or new cluster jewels.

Hope this helps!

Edit: looked at your profile. I guess when you have an 800 ES chest it's hard to avoid big ES :P

You can try replacing suffix craft to a resist (Chaos+XX)
Change belt from Crystal to a Stygian (Hunter or Elder) with Life+%Life+Resists

And take off the 4 ES nodes that you still have and coordination (by shadow start) and get 2 jewel sockets instead.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Mar 15, 2020, 3:34:37 AM
many many many thanks sir for the input. I will do that. I was 40% of the way to lvl 96 and am back to zero % due to some random 1 shot.

ive been so desparate not to die that I got a knockback effect on 1 of my flasks. Still no cigar.

appreciate this a ton !!!!!!
What about Sirius A8 and Delve ? Anoyne tried after 3.10 ?
"
wakabajashi wrote:

I am thinking on starting this build now but this has got me worried, would there be a reason it won't work in Delve? Or Sirius?
"
0ph3liu5 wrote:
"
wakabajashi wrote:

I am thinking on starting this build now but this has got me worried, would there be a reason it won't work in Delve? Or Sirius?

Siurius and Delve buffed while spirit offering is nerfed. Just curious how it works now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info