[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

"
majesthro wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
majesthro wrote:
Here is another possibility how to go without spirit offering.
https://youtu.be/RGY8JwWtvE4

Gryph, how is single target sustain with your setup? Es/Life on hit feel awful vs single target for me

That's where leech comes in. With ES leech (light eater cluster) it feels fine. If you are also not relying any form of life leech for life sustain, you can take Ghost Reaver too.

Also I saw that today. Hehe. Requires a little more investment into mana than I'd care to do and you lose all your ES (thus losing a lot of eHP)

Also not super into locking myself into unique chest pieces when rares are sooooo strong for this build.

BUT it IS an option.

This new Keystone might be an option for this:

Disciple of Kitava
Every second, Consume a nearby Corpse to Recover 5% of Life and Mana
10% more Damage taken if you haven't Consumed a Corpse Recently

You should be able to completely focus on energy shield leech right?
Does the entry cost of this build got any bigger?
Before you just put on spirit offering + enduring mana flask and were good to go. Does it rly feel good in single target? cant imagine only leech will keep your ES up. especially at the beginning. ES on hit locks us to spinnernets or the expensive watchers eye mod.

I like to think of that cluster jewel as like 5% life regen per second basically. Not sure if it's worth the points but it's really solid nonetheless.

Entry cost is...probably bigger. If you take the Elementalist route then she's not that expensive (mana management is harder) as soul tether tends to be cheap and she has her own leech built in.

ES leech is fine for single target but yes, the better your gear the better it will feel. You just might have to stop spinning every so often to let the leech catch up. Really GGG basically made the build feel more...fair.

ES on hit is always going to be something to aim for just because of how ridiculously powerful it is.

And finally, take to Standard and test it out. ;)
Added another video:

No ES on Hit recovery Chimera run w/ Martyr of Innocence. 3.10 Test Run

For those wondering how the sustain is on single target with just ES leech. This is with Ghost Reaver and no ES on hit. Also using Martyr staff instead of my old OP 8L legacy staff :P
so can this be a league starter? if yes how would we level and gather some currency before switch?
Hey Gryph,

With the nodes ethereal feast and light eater mapping is completely normal, ES always up,
Still, we cannot cyclone all the time, we need some breaks between when no mobs,
On single target and here you can see the difference,
Cyclone all the time you will eventually run out of ES and you will see life going down,
Stopping between you can fill a little bit the gap but you became vulnerable,

I want a lot to use volatile dead and more inclined to poet´s,
Will start with witch and will see,

Ty mate,
Other Ways to offset Scolds bridle Damage while Spirit offering is nerfed?
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
Added another video:

No ES on Hit recovery Chimera run w/ Martyr of Innocence. 3.10 Test Run

For those wondering how the sustain is on single target with just ES leech. This is with Ghost Reaver and no ES on hit. Also using Martyr staff instead of my old OP 8L legacy staff :P

tryed this seems to run, so than we can take Commander of darkness instead of Mistress of Sacrifice?
Did a few test runs with unoptimized setup (lvl 2 stone golem).
No ghost weaver: mapping fine, was struggling to recover from big hits.
Ghost weaver: mapping fine, ES always up vs single target, couldn't sustain life!

I've seen your chimera video. Don't know how you keep your life up, is it just the lvl 20 stone golem?
Hey, I just saw your 3.10 T16 video. Just wondering, what's your CPU and GPU?

It's laggy as hell. Honestly i don't even know if i'll be able to play this build.
"
Garulf161 wrote:

It's laggy as hell. Honestly i don't even know if i'll be able to play this build.

asking me the same. and the important question: 3.10 POB when??? :D
"
naxus123 wrote:
Hey Gryph,

With the nodes ethereal feast and light eater mapping is completely normal, ES always up,
Still, we cannot cyclone all the time, we need some breaks between when no mobs,
On single target and here you can see the difference,
Cyclone all the time you will eventually run out of ES and you will see life going down,
Stopping between you can fill a little bit the gap but you became vulnerable,

I want a lot to use volatile dead and more inclined to poet´s,
Will start with witch and will see,

Ty mate,

I can cyclone all the time while mapping but found I needed to occasional walk it off when in single target. This was not an issue when using ES on hit watcher's eye though (unless I'm just not hitting anything).

Also Poet's Pen will be great. Can toss a bodyswap onto a spellslinger for easy mobility that's not impossible to control. lol

"
majesthro wrote:
Did a few test runs with unoptimized setup (lvl 2 stone golem).
No ghost weaver: mapping fine, was struggling to recover from big hits.
Ghost weaver: mapping fine, ES always up vs single target, couldn't sustain life!

I've seen your chimera video. Don't know how you keep your life up, is it just the lvl 20 stone golem?

Stone golem makes up a decent amount of regen. I have 747 life regen per second on my standard character (as seen in video). I also have Bone Offering which gives 483 life gained on block, and life gained on hit from spells on my ring. If you struggle with life, use a life flask.

"
sharisimo wrote:
so can this be a league starter? if yes how would we level and gather some currency before switch?

You will find answers to this in the guide already as nothing really has changed from last league as far as league starting.

Transitioning will be more difficult as you need to have solid recovery mechanics in place to sustain. I would try doing Elementalist and using Soul Tether belt for the early stages and respeccing later into Necro after you complete uber lab trials, or when you're comfortable.

Elementalist gives Free Life leech for Soul Tether as well as massive amount of life regen via stone golem and the Golem Buffs from tree+ascendancy. With easily over 1k life regen with this, the tree, and consecrated ground (always up with purifying flame on CWDT) this gives you the recovery buffer you'll need to get Soul Tether leech to start working on your ES recovery for Scold's Sustain.

"
treitz wrote:
"
Garulf161 wrote:

asking me the same. and the important question: 3.10 POB when??? :D

Let's just say my PC is like 7 years old and in need of an upgrade. Seriously, I sit at 25fps in my hideout doing nothing. Lol.

POB/Passive tree is more or less the same. Drop Melding Cluster for Light Eater and/or Ethereal Feast.

Edit:
For those that are desperate for a pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/AhCjt3aq
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Mar 12, 2020, 6:10:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info